Thread: Brian Willaims Doubtful

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Brian Willaims Doubtful

Falcons nickle back is ruled doubtful for Saturdays game. Chris Owens will play in his place. You have to think McCarthy and Rodgers will look to exploit his weakness in coverage.

We'll probably try to get them in dime too. See how their 4th CB holds up on Nelson.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    We'll probably try to get them in dime too. See how their 4th CB holds up on Nelson.
    I hope they do hold, it's 5 yards and an automatic first down.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    The Packers were successful last time going Big 5. I wonder if we might see Big 4 (to exploit the CB situation) plus Starks. Starks' running was the secret weapon last week. At some point, his ability to catch it and run is going to be exploited. Jackson is a good receiver out of the backfield, particularly in the screen game, but I think Starks is better ronning routes and catching it out of the backfield.
    Last edited by vince; 01-14-2011 at 04:21 PM.

I agree Vince. 4 wide with Starks is our best package right now.

Jennings
    Jones
    Starks
    Driver
    Nelson

Is our most dangerous package and it forces them into dime where they're thin.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    The Packers were successful last time going Big 5. I wonder if we might see Big 4 (to exploit the CB situation) plus Starks. Starks' running was the secret weapon last week. At some point, his ability to catch it and run is going to be exploited. Jackson is a good receiver out of the backfield, particularly in the screen game, but I think Starks is better ronning routes and catching it out of the backfield.
    I'd prefer Jackson simply for the pass blocking. He can read and pick up blitzers extremely well. I haven't seen enough of Starks pass blocking to trust him with ARods future.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I think we'll see quite a bit of 4 wide, just my guess. And probably some three wide with Quarless too.

There is a bunch of big names that were listed as questionable as well...but they all practiced today which says they will probably be on the field come Saturday night.
    C.H.U.D.

I'd like to see one back (Starks on early downs and Jackson on 3rd downs) with 4 wides also.

What about that power formation with Kuhn, Johnson, and Starks? If you traded some handoffs between Starks and Kuhn, that might be fun. Then throw out of it once in a while.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    What about that power formation with Kuhn, Johnson, and Starks? If you traded some handoffs between Starks and Kuhn, that might be fun. Then throw out of it once in a while.
    It's one of 2 variations of the Wishbone set.

I've seen it referred to elsewhere as "Sporting the Bone"
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That was a hell of a formation for us in Philly. Having the double fullbacks split with the running back behind didn't show our hand. We were able to run to either side, because we didn't need to stick a tight end on the line to show a strong and a weak side. I think we'll run a fair amount of this with Driver and Jennings flanked. McCarthy also isn't prone to just sticking fullbacks and running backs in our backfield. We could line up with the power formation, but have Quarless coming out on routes or Starks showed some good hands and fancy footwork out of the backfield last week as well.

Crowd noise has been mentioned a lot lately, but one thing people tend to forget is crowd noise makes it harder for the home teams defense. If we can create some confusion via motion, or odd formations, we may be able to catch the defense off guard while they're trying to sort it out. I actually like McCarthy as a road coach more than I do at home. He's more aggressive because he trusts Aaron to make the correct calls on the field, which allows him to open up and mess with deafened defenders.

And if they line up there and blow the play, it's called "Boning the sport."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

What is Brian Williams doubtful of, anyway?

KYPack

He's doubtful to play in Saturdays game.