Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PFT hit piece on Rodgers

PFT hit piece on Rodgers

Alleges that Rodgers ignored a cancer patient.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ey-comes-from/

The video "evidence" shows Rodgers already past the woman, and it didn't even look like she was seeking his attention. I can't believe this could possibly fuel such an article.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Must be Bears' fans

Ah, there's a second video. Doesn't look good.

Im so sick of this kind of bullshit. What hack journalism. And I actually like PFT but this is stupid. He's walking through the airport, during a game related trip. This isn't June and he's on his way to Vegas. Can you imagine if he stopped for EVERY fan. He would never get anywhere. Sometimes pro-athletes have to put their head down and just walk. Now all of a sudden he treats cancer patients like shit. This reads like a headline from the ONION. How absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    Ah, there's a second video. Doesn't look good.
    What doesn't look good? He is walking through an airport and doesnt stop to sign for one of probably a hundred autograph seekers. He doesnt know her back story, that she has cancer. Did he even make eye contact with her or was he just trying to get somewhere? What is his side of the story. Get a grip. It doesnt look good-please. WATCH the video! There are people standing in a line and he doesnt stop for anyone. Does that make him an asshole? No. I have seen him stop and sign a ton of autographs at training camp, at the team hotel, in a bunch of different places. This is shit.
    Last edited by gbpackfan; 01-16-2011 at 05:07 PM.

OMG. The guy is a superstar QB. He gets people wanting his autograph everywhere he goes. I'm sure he has an autopilot like mode that he goes into in public where he ignores all of the attention. I'm sorry, but the guy who did this is a scum bag. AR had no clue she had cancer and has a right to privacy. I promise I'll never hit a page that idiot writes again.

Quote Originally Posted by gbpackfan View Post
    What doesn't look good? He is walking through an airport and doesnt stop to sign for one of probably a hundred autograph seekers. He doesnt know her back story, that she has cancer. Did he even make eye contact with her or was he just trying to get somewhere? What is his side of the story. Get a grip. It doesnt look good-please.
    Of course, I agree. I'm just saying the public perception may not be kind, as unfair as it is.

Non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    Of course, I agree. I'm just saying the public perception may not be kind, as unfair as it is.
    Agree. It's just so JV.

Football players are people. If I had a whole bunch of people wanting to get my attention in airports regularly, there are times that I would just ignore most of them regardless of whether or not they were worthy of my attention for whatever reason. I don't see why I should expect football players to be different.

The positive side of this is, however, if the Packers track her down and make it up to her they can spin this in a positive fashion.
    </delurk>

My anger is directed to Florio. No journalistic integrity for this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    Football players are people. If I had a whole bunch of people wanting to get my attention in airports regularly, there are times that I would just ignore most of them regardless of whether or not they were worthy of my attention for whatever reason. I don't see why I should expect football players to be different.

The positive side of this is, however, if the Packers track her down and make it up to her they can spin this in a positive fashion.

Other teams players aren't subject to walking through the general public terminal. And maybe ours won't be either after this.

My understanding is Florio's a Viking fan. Regardless, he's a hack journalist with this type of bilge.

this is florio once again trying to take an elite packer QB down a notch

guy is a massive vikings fan, has been his whole life. the guy use to dog favre like crazy until he went to minnie

now he's trying to make an all around good guy and great player out to be an asshole

players just can't stop and sign autographs for every single person that wants one. and as far as i can tell she didn't have a big giant sign on her chest saying "cancer patient, arron please sign my tits". so that makes her just one of about 10,000 ordinary people per day that want him to sign something

at the last bears game i was in row 1. after the game, a-rod, driver, jennings, and jordy did a lap around the stadium waving to the crowd and giving people high fives. i clearly stuck my hand out but not a single one of those asshole gave me five. despite the fact i was freezing to death and had the runs. how dare they ignore me

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post

Yes, they are people. Anyone know what time they arrived in Green Bay this morning? I don't really pay attention to people at that hour of the morning as I only want some sleep.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

1. He has earbuds in
    2. She had a hat on and at glance it's hard to assume *that* has to be the lady with cancer they were briefed on at some point earlier.

Point is, Rodgers will respond to this -- Packers will make it right -- and it's going to come down some stupid misunderstanding where he didn't even notice her. It's not like she's grabbing his arm and he's telling her to fuck off.

Or I'm wrong and Rodgers really hates old ladies with cancer. Wonder which one it could be.

we should also point out that florio said it should be obvious that an old lady wearing a pink shirt is a cancer survivor

fuck that

about 10% of the random women i see in green bay are wearing some kind of pink packer gear, and at games and at the stadium on non game days, about half the women are wearing pink pack gear

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Rodgers really hates old ladies with cancer.
    Who doesn't? Cancerous old bitches piss me off too.

Whole article is very Jay Mariotti'ish.
    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    Who doesn't? Cancerous old bitches piss me off too.
    Bwahahahahahahaha. That post actually made me laugh out loud. Which means Ill be joining you in hell.