Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP PACKERS vs. BACKDOOR BEARS GAME DAY THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Exclamation OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP PACKERS vs. BACKDOOR BEARS GAME DAY THREAD

If you are anythink like me, you've been counting down the week. The Green Bay Packers looked lights out amazing against the #1 seed last week on the road, and in their classic fashion the Backdoor Bears made the NFC championship game witout beating a team over .500 in the playoffs.

Homerism has been at an all time high this week. A large percentage of the NFL Pundits have been predicting the Green Bay Packers to make the Super Bowl. That's why they play the game.

One game...........one game...........makes or breaks this season.
    Screw the Super Bowl
    THIS GAME IS OUR SUPER BOWL; LOSING CANNOT BE AN OPTION FOR THE 2010 SEASON TO BE A SUCCESS !!!!!!

An examination of how the Bears got here might make you sick.
    But I'm hear to tell you that this game should absolutely terrify you.
    Cause these teams are more evenly matched than you think.

After examining each part of the roster, I've come to this conclusion.

The Packers have an advantage at QB, Receivers, OL, and the Secondary
    The Bears have an advantage at Running Backs, DL, and Special Teams
    LB's, overall, are pretty even.
    And the game is on the road

Besides being a tough divisional rival, ALL of this adds up to a very close and stressful game.

On Offense, expect the Green Bay Packers to struggle this week way more than we are use to. The Bears have one of the top five rusing defenses in the NFL and they will once again stuff our rushing attack. Starks was stuffed for 66 yards and a horrid yards per carry last week. This week it will be worse.

So the ball is in Aaron Rodgers court. Who is the team in the NFL that seems to have contained AROD like no other ? Throw the playoff stats in the dumpster for this one and consider this.

The Chicago Bears have held Aaron Rodgers to a porous 4 touchdown passes and three interceptions over his past for games against the Backdoor Bears. In those four game's he's been sacked nine times. The Bears are able to do this by rushing four and getting to the QB while dropping all of its defenders back into coverage. Expect to see a lot of this Sunday, and expect the best ...........shhhhhhhh.......FREE AGENT signing in 2010....aka....Dr Pepper... to put a lot of hits on Aaron Rodgers. He'll be on the run and he'll be feeling the heat early and often.

The Chicago Bears Offense is greatly improved from mid season. The Packers should expect to see a healthy dose of Matt Forte, who averaged 6.1 yards per carry against us week 16 and 4.7 yards per game on the season. After the bye week when Lovie, Tice, and Martz met and modified their offensive plan, the Bears have been a balanced offensive team (averaging 30 rushes per game)and this is going to lead to some great challenges on defense. Martz will do his best to protect Cutler from the free throwing INT's many have become accustomed to seeing

All together, this road game will undoubtedly be a very close and stressful one and this iron clad prediction is a tough one.

Expect Aaron Rodgers to be frustrated once again and often running for his life without a rushing attack; Julius Peppers will make our OL his biatch. The Bears will put pressure on GB with four and this will make long extended drives very tough as the Bears will focus on eliminating the big play. Expect James butter fingers vs the Bears Jones to cough the ball up against da Bears. Expect to see some WR slips on a sad excuse for a field, and we're going to see some drops. The frusrations will lead some to again criticize MM for his playcalling, but without a run game he will be handicapped.

The Bears are balanced enough to move the ball on Green Bay and we're going to see a lot of Matt Forte and Greg Olson, who Martz will find way to utilize in the passing game. By using Forte, Cutler will not be exposed to a ton of third and longs and that will make DOM's job hard on Sunday. As I noted, Jay Cutler showed in the second half of the season, as well as last week, that he was well worth the draft picks and he will play will again Sunday.

This will be a close game on the road in bad weather conditions and on a shitty surface.

This game will be decided by the trenches, penalties/turnovers, and special teams
    The Bears will take advantage of their huge advantage at specials teams via field postion and one big return.
    Gould is automatic and Crosby will mis a field goal.
    Cutler will be efficient and Forte will drive us crazy while we struggle on offense
    Neither team will break 20 points, and in the end the ........shhhhh.......FREE agent signing of Dr. Julius Peppers and the Bears Defense will prove to be the difference in the NFC Championship Game.

Been a fun season Rats.............and in this instance, our season ends in failure and the nightmare will live with us forever

Flush your dam Homer Hats down the toilet.
    Dump the Kool Aide down the drain.
    Get your Flu Medicine out.
    And be sure to take your high blood pressure meds.

The Time has come once again; let's all sing it together
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T6bXYp-R9Q

Bears 19
    Packers 17

WHAMMY LIVE ON
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This will be the most EPIC game in the storied rivalry - referenced for the next century. However it plays out - glad I'm able to see it.

But we'll see, B. I'm thinking 50-50 shot. Very tough to beat a team twice in a month - but Bears have the edge at home imo.

Made a promise to a friend that I wouldn't cheer against the Bears this year - but that doesn't mean I cheer for them either.

Just flew back through DFW - would love to be there in 2 weeks! All the Super Bowl stuff is setup in the airport - pretty damn cool.

I had a vision that this game is tied in the 4th Q and it comes down to Mason nailing a 50 yarder.

As in the past few weeks - we'll have to match intensity early, play a calm/collected game, make less mistakes and keep the game to the players (not the officials from Week 3).

Pack 17
    Bears 14
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Made a promise to a friend that I wouldn't cheer against the Bears this year - but that doesn't mean I cheer for them either.
    What the hell?? That person is NO friend if they dont want you to hate the bears!

Nice intro B, you fucking goat.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Nice intro B, you fucking goat.
    I like Bretsky alot, but I always thought of Patler, Skin or Harv as the G.O.A.T.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Go Pack Go!

This is it. Most important game in the last 10 years. Wow.

rattle cutler early and the game is in the bag
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

Quote Originally Posted by Numb View Post
    rattle cutler early and the game is in the bag
    Couldnt agree more. Lets look for that early.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Poetic justice that can only happen to Chicago. Starks comes through in both the run and screen game, Angelo gets unbelievable heat from fans and media for not selecting Starks, and Lovie who called him Sparks earlier in the week, knows his name now. This Packers victory will send the Bears organization into a spiral. and us to Dallas.

Packers 17 Bears 3

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

Gamblin' Rat
    Keep the refs out of this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    Remind them that they owe us one after last time. Geez...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    I heard(forget his name) the same guy the headed the 18 penalty first game is heading this game. Maybe he'll appreciate the error of is ways?
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

I would love to see B.J. "the freezer" Raji blocking on the goal line for Kuuuuuuhn again! Revenge is sweet!
    Thanks Ted!

I hate the Bears. Those frauds have no business being in the NFC Championship game, and it will be in honor of all the good NFC teams that we send them home today.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    35-10 Packers!

i liked the write up. That's the type of game it's going to be. I know the Bears defense is great and they're going to make it tough on Aaron. I think Aaron has taken that next step though. Similar game to what B said with AR makeing a few more plays. 21-17 Packers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    i liked the write up. That's the type of game it's going to be. I know the Bears defense is great and they're going to make it tough on Aaron. I think Aaron has taken that next step though. Similar game to what B said with AR makeing a few more plays. 21-17 Packers.

Thx for the kind words, and I agree wth your sentiments. I don't think Cutler is going to get put in a position to have to win. Comparing the Bears special teams to ours is like comparing the Green Bay Packers to the Wisconsin Badgers....except the Badgers Special Teams coach is better than Slouch Slocum. Defense, Field Positon, Special Teams challenges....those are all big worries
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

There are things the Packers can do to keep the ball away from hester.
    There's only so much the Bears can do to keep the ball away from Rodgers.
    Packers 27
    Bears 20

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Here's your obligatory Vince Lombardi post

Just hit, just run, just block, just tackle.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...e-more-victory

Speaking of obligatory posts, where is Captain?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Ok, here is the way I see it. Several times this season the packers have run into similar stories. A team on the verge of a win to turn their season around. A desperate team to be feared. Dallas. Vikings. Giants. We are talking teams with chips on their shoulders. Right now the bears have a chip on their shoulder. They are called frauds. People are constantly pointing out that they are lucky and didn't even play an average team to get to the NFCC. The bears will be nothing more than another roadkill on our way to the Super Bowl. Cutler will feel the pressure and resort to his natural instinct. He will throw into coverage. He will throw late over the middle. Certain QB's just can't help doing that and seem to revert to it in the biggest stages. Bert may be out of the NFCC game, but cutler will honor his memory and throw 3 heartbreaking picks leading to a blowout.

Pack 31
    Bears 3
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.