Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ? Ted Thompson ?

? Ted Thompson ?

Hey Packer fans ! Ted Thompson.

Any sitings or articles where he's quoted ? Any sign that he's alive ?

What on earth is with this guy?
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

He is reported to have told Favre to wait when he tried to retire last week. Does that help?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Ted's got it handled. He doesn't wake up and think how he's going to make Favre happy today, much less Woodbuck.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    He is reported to have told Favre to wait when he tried to retire last week. Does that help?

Ziggy I'm sitting here just dying, laughing. That is way tooo funny.

You don't seriously believe that do you?

Brett: Hello Ted ( Brett all upset) I'm hearing that the Packer fans are bad mouthing me and I can't deal with that. That support for me is off, nine points.

Ted: Come now Brett calm down little buddy, get a grip.

Brett: ( in tears ). .but Ted I always try so hard and I just can't deal with this rejection. The agony is too much I've had it, I'm retiring now.

Ted: Now Brett come now, just take another week or so to allow things to settle down and I'm working on some big moves you'll love.

Brett: Do you think it will be OK Ted!? I really trust you. . and well. . .OK. Thanks Ted.

Can't see it .
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    Ted's got it handled. He doesn't wake up and think how he's going to make Favre happy today, much less Woodbuck.

Duuuhhh !

Probably went more like:

Brett: The o-line sucks, you haven't given me diddly for protection, I probably only have 1 MAYBE 2 decent receivers to throw to and all the RB's are coming off injury. This team is gonna suck and I think I'm done with it.

TT: Now hold on a minute. We're not done building this team yet. Give it a little while longer and take a look at what we do in the draft. There's no hurry for a decision, so why don't you just take a little more time to think things over.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

Re: ? Ted Thompson ?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27

Thompson is hibernating...again.

Blog Entries
    Do we even know he waked up

Re: ? Ted Thompson ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear

Thompson is hibernating...again.
    Tank . He's not . . . reeeeaaaalll!

It's not like Favre. The media just won't show up for TT's 9 a.m. dump.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    It's not like Favre. The media just won't show up for TT's 9 a.m. dump.
    If I was in Farve's position I would be going bonkers. I can't stand being bothered all the time. I think the media would drive me to say...enough I'm done playing and get the hell off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Bretsky: This stuff on Favre the past week has really gotten to me. People talking about trading him for a 4th round draft pick almost sent me over the darn edge!

Favre can't be traded. Better to just give him an outright release.

I still hope he comes back in this year with a swagger ,and says OK boys. I'm the frigin' man and I'm going to play better than you'll ever believe -shoot the lights out .

Isn't it different over at JSO now. It's a real party split over there. Not alot of humour.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky

Bretsky: This stuff on Favre the past week has really gotten to me. People talking about trading him for a 4th round draft pick almost sent me over the darn edge!

Favre can't be traded. Better to just give him an outright release.

I still hope he comes back in this year with a swagger ,and says OK boys. I'm the frigin' man and I'm going to play better than you'll ever believe -shoot the lights out .

Isn't it different over at JSO now. It's a real party split over there. Not alot of humour.

LURKING AT JS sometimes blows my mind away. Numerous numerous anti Favre threads dominated that place this weekend. There are only a few really good posters over there anymore from what I can see. One finally joined us today after plenty of begging from me.

I still read up at times; the only time I post is when somebody really irritates me as they did yesterday so I had to spat off a bit at somebody.

You don't see nearly as much Favre belittling over here; although we are all a bit frustrated due to lack of patience....but at least the criticism is respectful.

But Brett Favre should take the time he needs to feel strongly about a decision.

Sad part is that he really does want to play and is looking for some excused to say yes.

Probably went more like:

Brett: The o-line sucks, you haven't given me diddly for protection, I probably only have 1 MAYBE 2 decent receivers to throw to and all the RB's are coming off injury. This team is gonna suck and I think I'm done with it.

TT: Now hold on a minute. We're not done building this team yet. Give it a little while longer and take a look at what we do in the draft. There's no hurry for a decision, so why don't you just take a little more time to think things over.

What did Brett say? That he and Ted talk two - three times every or every other week?

What in the name of Molly would they have to talk about? Things have been reeeeaaalll slooowww !

Two - three times per week almost seems like stalking! Can't really see them being all that close?

"LURKING AT JS sometimes blows my mind away. Numerous numerous anti Favre threads dominated that place this weekend. There are only a few really good posters over there anymore from what I can see. One finally joined us today after plenty of begging from me.

I still read up at times; the only time I post is when somebody really irritates me as they did yesterday so I had to spat off a bit at somebody.

You don't see nearly as much Favre belittling over here; although we are all a bit frustrated due to lack of patience....but at least the criticism is respectful.

But Brett Favre should take the time he needs to feel strongly about a decision.

Sad part is that he really does want to play and is looking for some excused to say yes." Bretsky

JSO certainly can be weird/strange, LOL .

On Brett Favre. Yes, I feel he wants to play and that is the best sign he will return. If you are like me, you respect the depth of the man. Brett Favre is special. I certainly wasn't prepared for anything near the end of his career as we are experiencing it . It's brutal. Tough on the fans that love him, so much tougher on Brett Favre.

We all know the committment he showed us last Season before TC and it just never got close to being there with the Team.I place a ton of importance in the OL and a reliable running game.The key is the OL and we are worse there this Season to date,

I can't get a handle on Ted Thompson, in regards to his laizzey faire attitude there. I hoped we would hear something on a move to show some interest in Jeff Faine but . . . why didn't we? Stuff like that bugs me.

Woody,

Your posts have been in very bad taste.

Ted Thompson passed quietly in his sleep, the night of February 27, 2006. He died of natural causes. I guess you didn't catch the announcement.

The Packers are still looking to fill the GM position.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Woody,

Ted Thompson passed quietly in his sleep, the night of February 27, 2006. He died of natural causes. I guess you didn't catch the announcement.

I heard they were interviewing the Donald for the position.

Blog Entries
    Woody,

LMAO OFF

I say

HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME HIRE ME

I guarantee you I'd be love or hated in here very quickly ! I'd probably bring along a few consultants from the forum as well, and we'd leak any news to packerrats.com first.

Woody,

I just got that sinking feeling ala . . .oh noooo I'm in real shit now!

Suddenly. . . . I make a recovery. . .

Well tell me Harlan? Did he make an appearance at the funeral?

Well tell me Harlan? Did he make an appearance at the funeral?
    yes, but as usual he didn't have a lot to say.