Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Canton and Rodgers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar

Canton and Rodgers

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ers-in-context

At first I thought this was going to be a garbage article that I wouldn't care about when I saw it on ESPN. It's the start of a series to explain who has a chance from the NFC north to go to the HOF. What I found so amazing was the side by side statistics they put Rodgers up against. Siefert even gives pretty good commentary and reasoning in the article. The only thing I disagree with is that Rodgers inherited a playoff caliber team. With Rodgers, the packers went 4-12, 9-7 and 10-6 (+Super Bowl) if I remember correctly and he had amazing numbers despite the rest of the team not doing well. TT was still rebuilding when Rodgers took over the helm. Honestly, I think TT was still rebuilding when we won the SB. Come to think of it, I don't think TT ever stops rebuilding, so maybe my argument doesn't hold any water.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's hard to separate a QB from his team, if he's been there his entire career. Steve Young looked like crap with Tampa, so does he deserve to be in the Hall when it's obvious that the 49ers made him great, not the other way around? (I'm joking). Bottom line: Rodgers keeps up with the numbers and the playoff wins for just a couple, three more seasons and he's in.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...ers-in-context

With Rodgers, the packers went 4-12, 9-7 and 10-6 (+Super Bowl) if I remember correctly and he had amazing numbers despite the rest of the team not doing well.
    The Packers have gone 6-10, 11-5, and 10-6 (+ Super Bowl) with Rodgers. 27-21 in the regular season. 4-1 in the playoffs.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    The Packers have gone 6-10, 11-5, and 10-6 (+ Super Bowl) with Rodgers. 27-21 in the regular season. 4-1 in the playoffs.
    11-5? I don't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
    Not surprising considering you were drunk in the barn most of the time.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Not surprising considering you were drunk banging my mom in the barn most of the time.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Not surprising considering you were drunk banging my mom in the barn most of the time.
    Fixed
    Freak Out's Mom takes it in the barn???

Lay off the weed...that shit kills short term memory.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Lay off the weed...that shit kills short term memory.
    Haha....what were we talking about?

Haha....what were we talking about?
    You said you don't remember 11-5....it was like....one season before we won the super bowl.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

"There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Whether Rodgers is enshrined at Canton will likely depend on his ability to avoid concussions.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Whether Rodgers is enshrined at Canton will likely depend on his ability to avoid concussions.
    Yeah his level of play is right there but he is gonna have to do it for around 5 more years. If he wins another ring in that time it should be for sure.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Or if his new record label takes over and he retires early, with blond highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Or if his new record label takes over and he retires early, with blond highlights.
    I get the feeling it's easier to make money as a top NFL quarterback than it is to earn money as a record producer these days... I'm just saying.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    I get the feeling it's easier to make money as a top NFL quarterback than it is to earn money as a record producer these days... I'm just saying.
    What's a record?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think Rodgers only needs 2 to 4 more years of solid play to get in. If he keeps up his play and gets another ring, I think he's a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I think Rodgers only needs 2 to 4 more years of solid play to get in. If he keeps up his play and gets another ring, I think he's a lock.
    But until he does all this Canton talk is a tad premature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    But until he does all this Canton talk is a tad premature.
    Yep. The reason I pointed out the story wasn't the HOF talk, it was because they compared Rodgers numbers to the likes of Aikman, Young, Marino, Moon. You get to see how his first three years compare to their first three years and it's amazing how hand over fist better he is. They even put his numbers up against Peyton, Brady and Favre and his numbers are still amazing.

This talk is premature. Does Ben Rapistberger get in cause e has some rings? I say, no, he hasn't deserved it yet.Favre goes for his 3 MVPs.

If Rodgers keeps it up, I'm sure he'll do enough, but he's still gotta do it.