Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Grant on the bubble!?

Ryan Grant on the bubble!?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/128290998.html

If Cement Shoes Nance really does take away Ryan Grant's roster spot, Tom Silverstein will be set for life as a packer football genius. This is truly out of left field.

This is fantasy. Grant is on the team, because he's currently the starting running back.

Nance as the 3rd down back? Yuck. Is Noah Herron unavailable or what?

I really wonder why they keep Nance around. They keep saying he shows up in practices but I've seen nothing in games.
    Go PACK

I've been on the cut Grant bandwagon, but once we paid that bonus after the lockout I assume he is a lock.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I say cut Rodgers and keep Harrell. Harrell is really been coming on in practice.

Starks is too much of an injury risk for the Packers to cut Grant this year. It might be different if Green had had the benefit of a normal offseason program. He's just not ready to step in.

Wharf Rat Starter VermontPackFan's Avatar
    No chance Grant goes anywhere this year

Ground Rat
    Yeah i read that article thinking wtf? really? Just didn't see the dots they were trying to connect. It would be a huge mistake to cut him and rely on green and Nance should something happen to Starks. I like the idea of Grant and Starks sharing the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Starks is too much of an injury risk for the Packers to cut Grant this year. It might be different if Green had had the benefit of a normal offseason program. He's just not ready to step in.
    Really? I think Grant is the one who has only had 2 healthy seasons since 8th grade.

This is just a motivation ploy for Grant. He's not going anywhere..
    www.ccso228@twitter.com

Quote Originally Posted by imscott72 View Post
    I doubt some first year reporter in town is going to motivate Grant anymore than Grant motivates himself. Look, bottom line is this. We paid the 1.75 mil, if he is starter quality (even low end starter quality) he stays. If he isn't, then he goes. I was on the waive him bandwagon early, but now that you paid over 1/3 his salary this year you keep him.

Blog Entries
    This is Silverstein being a boob. He's an independent thinker, which is good, but this one is ridiculous. Hell, Grant's ball security alone is too valuable to cut. His touches are going to go way down from what he's used to, but it'll be Starks and Green eating into them, not Nance. Nance's only redeeming quality is his hard-nosed running style which would be good in short yardage, but Kuhn has that need filled, and Kuhn's versatility is far greater than Nance's.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    controversy sells.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

On the substance, is it possible that the coaches observing Grant up close think that he has lost a little bit? Is it possible that Nance is better in practice and on film than we see?

Every year there are some very strange cuts that leave the fans shaking their heads. Maybe nothing this unexpected in recent memory. I'd have to go back to the year that Forest Gregg announced he was clearing-out "the 8-8" players and cut Paul Coffman, Lynn Dickey??, I forget who all. Anyway, the 8-8 players were pruned and they went 4-12.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'd have to go back to the year that Forest Gregg announced he was clearing-out "the 8-8" players and cut Paul Coffman, Lynn Dickey??, I forget who all. Anyway, the 8-8 players were pruned and they went 4-12.
    So his plan worked?

If Grant returns to preinjury form he is easily one of the top 15 backs in the league. He must have had a deadline and just started typing.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    It's just to bolster up Nance's value so he'll be able to find a job after he's cut.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    It's just to bolster up Nance's value so he'll be able to find a job after he's cut.
    So Silverstein and the JS are in cahoots with Packers management. It's the most brilliant long-standing cover-up in history.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've been on the cut Grant bandwagon, but once we paid that bonus after the lockout I assume he is a lock.
    who cuts a 1000 yard RB? no one unless they have to, I dont think we are in that group, could Grant be traded before the trade deadline? possible, we are in better shape this year at RB than we where last year even without Grant, so it is a possibility.
    Starks looks good, has nice vision, explodes into the secondary, and has improved at picking up his blocking assignments, Green will have to improve on his blocking, but seems to have all the other skillsets needed, this is a good tandem, Grant could become expendable.
    But I look for us to carry all 3 this year, and Grant will be gone next year.

The thing about making bold predictions is that nobody remembers when you are wrong, but you can gloat about that one time you were right for years. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No.