View Poll Results: How would you rather see Favre inducted into the hall ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • As a Packer

22 78.57%
  • As a Viking

6 21.43%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: When Favre gets inducted in Hall of Fame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When Favre gets inducted in Hall of Fame

Not trying to stir the pot - that's not my way - just wondering what the favre temperature of the fans was these days.

You been sniffing glue again?

ya, wanna come over to my place and party?

I really have no idea how people think about Favre now.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    ya, wanna come over to my place and party?

I really have no idea how people think about Favre now.
    he's a viking legend.

Blog Entries
    31's got this one.

They just list the teams and when you played.

You go in the NFL HOF as a human.

So BLF will go into the HOF as a dizzy, flawed, famous hillbilly.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    They just list the teams and when you played.

You go in the NFL HOF as a human .
    ya, ya, ya. So I screwed up the poll question on a technicallity. The idea is to find out whether people still feel so spiteful towards Favre that they want to disown him.

I said Vikings just because I think it would be funny and I'm not sentimental about BF. I don't hate him, tho. I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

Blog Entries
    ya, ya, ya. So I screwed up the poll question on a technicallity. The idea is to find out whether people still feel so spiteful towards Favre that they want to disown him.

I said Vikings just because I think it would be funny and I'm not sentimental about BF. I don't hate him, tho. I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.

I wasn't heckling you, Harlan. I like to heckle you, but I was just re-iterating 31's point. The NFL HOF has had that policy for a long time. It really makes sense with FA. Many players have made the Pro bowl now for 3 teams. The Neon one played for 5 teams, I think. Your bust just shows your helmet-less head.

I really wonder if TT will be the GM in 5 years. Every year at that job are like dog years.

Actually, Harlan, I've meant to post on this. You've been doing a good job at starting threads, stirring the afor-mentioned pot, and being a blue pooch.

I sense most people in WI are 100% fed-up with Favre and would be fine disowning him. But maybe more committed fans, like people in this forum, are ready to forgive or forget.
    Forgive and forget? There is nothing to forgive. It is what it is. Many in this generation of fans will never forget, nor should they, because, again, it is what it is. The next generations of fans simply won't care as much for or against Favre.

Farve will never again be what he was to the state of Wisconsin and Packer fans up to 2007. His pedestal will never again be so high. But I don't think he was ever deserving of the pedestal he had to begin with, so I don't feel sorry for him.

I think a lot of fans thought Favre was more than he was both as a player and as a person, and that there was something truly unique about his relationship with the Packers. They now realize it wasn't any more special than what many other players have with their teams, but more importantly Favre is not quite what they thought he was. It's more than just having gone to the Vikings, that was just the culmination of the realization. The drama, the lies, the insults, the way he treated the Jets situation, the photography; these all showed Favre to be different than many fans had thought. He will never regain the relationship that he lost. He will be accepted as a former player who lead a team that brought a Super Bowl to Green Bay, but the specialness of even that has been changed. Aaron Rodgers took care of that.

He could have been the successor to Bart Starr in his relationship with the franchise. Maybe Aaron Rodgers will be. That story is still being written. Maybe there really is only one Bart Starr.

Blog Entries
    Hall of Fame as a Packer.
    Hall of Shame as a Viking.

Packer fans are blessed to have the worst-run, hard-luck franchise in football history as a rival. So many good times.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    You don't get inducted into the football hall of fame with a team affiliation. You just get a bust.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    You don't get inducted into the football hall of fame with a team affiliation. You just get a bust.
    ^
    ||
    This

It's baseball where you go into the hall of fame with a team. In football it's all about you.
    </delurk>

Blog Entries
    Favre earned his way into the Hall of Fame as a Packer.
    Favre earned his way into the Hall of Shame as a Viking.

Gamblin' Rat
    I think I even heard him say that he is hated now by most fans.. Thinking that he will eventually humble himself and attempt to re-embrace the GB fans.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPackFan View Post
    I think I even heard him say that he is hated now by most fans.. Thinking that he will eventually humble himself and attempt to re-embrace the GB fans.
    Falcons fans never really liked him.
    Packers fans don't really like him because he went to play for a hated rival in order to beat the Packers.
    Jets fans don't really like him because he only played there one year and he sort of torpedoed that season by playing poorly down the stretch.
    Vikings fans don't really like him because he torpedoed their 2010 season, and you can pin some of the NFCCG loss on him.
    Average football fans are pretty sick of the media's tendency to fawn over Favre over the last decade and change.

So he's got to do something before he goes into the HoF to get people liking him again.
    </delurk>

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    So he's got to do something before he goes into the HoF to get people liking him again.
    Maybe he could send out some pictures from his phone.

What a mess his legacy became.

The man was absolutely adored in Wisconsin, and we believed that he was "different" in that it seemed that he was just like us and cared about us more than the average athlete.

I wonder how it's possible to be that out of touch to not know that going to the Vikings would burn that bridge. Or not care that it did burn that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by th87 View Post
    What a mess his legacy became.

The man was absolutely adored in Wisconsin, and we believed that he was "different" in that it seemed that he was just like us and cared about us more than the average athlete.

I wonder how it's possible to be that out of touch to not know that going to the Vikings would burn that bridge. Or not care that it did burn that bridge.
    I think Favre really thought that the fans would support him over Thompson. He apparently did not appreciate how strong the Packer/Viking rivalry was. I think he will eventually seek to repair his relationship with the Packers. It's too soon right now though. If he were to try it now, a lot of people would think he's trying to overshadow what the Packers accomplished last year without him, and they would resent it.

Ron Wolf refused to get involved in the Favre/Thompson debate in 2008 because he was close to both. He had brought both into the Packer organization. He may be just the person though to help the two sides reconcile things.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Isn't there a special thread for all these important thoughts? My two cents: I remember that Favre guy. He was a really good QB for the Packers. Made all kinds of tough throws, played all the time, fun as all hell to watch. From time to time he would throw a head-scratcher INT though. But he was right up there with Starr, Heber and Rodgers as an all time Packer QB great.

http://citystadium.wordpress.com/201...adjusted-qber/
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

He played football not baseball.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    He played football not baseball.

2 out of 36 viewers believed this added to the discussion
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck