Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This team really misses...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This team really misses...

Cullen Jenkins. Last night really proved it. Raji was the only one putting pressure on Brees from the defensive line. With Clay being double teamed on most plays...we need someone to step up and get pressure on the QB. I'm just not sure that guy is on this team.

will you still be taking that same position when jenkins gets injured in a week or two?

jenkins is good, but he's almost being held up to reggie status these days, not by you brando, the national media

i liked the guy too, but he's never even had more then 7 sacks in a season

jenkins is no white, he can be replaced

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    will you still be taking that same position when jenkins gets injured in a week or two?

jenkins is good, but he's almost being held up to reggie status these days, not by you brando, the national media

i liked the guy too, but he's never even had more then 7 sacks in a season

Good point, Red. Jenkins was definitely no Reggie. I guess I just expected Wynn to push guys back into Brees and I overlooked his run stopping ability.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Trying to get rid of the black man=racist
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

From where I stand, Jarius Wynn played just as well last night as Jenkins did in an average game for him. He may have actually played better than Jenkins recently on an average night, since he played the run very well.
    </delurk>

+1 to Lurk's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    From where I stand, Jarius Wynn played just as well last night as Jenkins did in an average game for him. He may have actually played better than Jenkins recently on an average night, since he played the run very well.
    I agree...Wynn stunned me. I didn't see this coming. I have to see it for more than one game though.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    you kinda missed Wynn, didn't cha. I suspect the pass rushers got a little gassed towards the end. But yeah, need some more inside pressure. But that's a pretty solid O-line over there in NO. I remember how good Corey Williams looked against Detroit and then the next week...pfffft!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

i really can't fault the d-line for not getting any pressure. most of the night we only used 2 down linemen, with no blitz

you guys expecting 2 d-linemen going up against 6 or 7 blockers to get pressure?

I doubt TT or anyone in Packer management regrets not resigning Jenkins after the Saints game.

I think Jarius Wynn got pressure. The Saints are a hard team to pressure. I'm not sure Jenkins would have solved our problems last night.

How much pressure did Jenkins provide in our last two games against the Saints (when we were carved up)?

I looked it up. He was injured in the last game we played them (51-29 loss), and he got 2 tackles and 0 sacks in the other game (34-27 loss)--in a game where Brees threw for 350+ yards.

And let's hope Mike Neal plays most of the year.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Reggie White wouldnt have helped last night, seemed like Brees was taking 2 seconds to throw.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

With Jenkins, 51-29 loss and 34-27 loss. (Average: 42.5 points/game given up; 28 points scored.)

Without Jenkins, 42-34 win. We are better off without him.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Ground Rat
    Neal will be a beast.

Blog Entries
    Jesus H Christ, Brando.

Are you shittin' me?

Wynn has the game of his life and you are cryin' that we lost Jenkins?

Cullen was a tough player and all, when he got on the field.

Wynn starts coming into his own and you cry about the loss of Jenkins. Give the kid his due. He had a great ballgame last nite and seriously did his job. Sometimes, I don't think people actually watch the game. They just go with their pre-concieved notions. This is one of those instances. You should have waited 'til Wynn had a bad game or a DE cost us a game or something. In this case, a young guy came up big for us and you want to give him no credit.

This team really misses another OLB that can rush the passer to compliment Matthews... When they rushed 4 last night, they did 1-1 to the other side of matthews and 2-3 people chipping/blocking matthews. It was pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by packers11 View Post
    This team really misses another OLB that can rush the passer to compliment Matthews... When they rushed 4 last night, they did 1-1 to the other side of matthews and 2-3 people chipping/blocking matthews. It was pathetic
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Jesus H Christ, Brando.

Are you shittin' me?

Wynn has the game of his life and you are cryin' that we lost Jenkins?

Cullen was a tough player and all, when he got on the field.

Wynn starts coming into his own and you cry about the loss of Jenkins. Give the kid his due. He had a great ballgame last nite and seriously did his job. Sometimes, I don't think people actually watch the game. They just go with their pre-concieved notions. This is one of those instances. You should have waited 'til Wynn had a bad game or a DE cost us a game or something. In this case, a young guy came up big for us and you want to give him no credit.
    Whoa, dude...calm the fuck down. Wynn didn't have a bad game (yes, I watched the game and taped it), but he was no Cullen Jenkins while rushing. I know Cullen never could stay healthy, but I really wish we would have kept him and rotated Jenkins and Wynn. On alot of plays, Brees had the ball out before you knew it, but I watched several plays in which there wasn't anyone rushing the QB. That's where we miss Jenkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando19 View Post
    Whoa, dude...calm the fuck down. Wynn didn't have a bad game (yes, I watched the game and taped it), but he was no Cullen Jenkins while rushing. I know Cullen never could stay healthy, but I really wish we would have kept him and rotated Jenkins and Wynn. On alot of plays, Brees had the ball out before you knew it, but I watched several plays in which there wasn't anyone rushing the QB. That's where we miss Jenkins.
    Nah. These types of things are over-rated. Raji is a beast BECAUSE he's on the field 80% of the time. Same with Pickett. We have a rotation and it's adequate. Jenkins has taken up a lot of roster spots while injured. Let's give someone else a try that might be available more often. Letting him go was the right move at the right time. (And I'm an old softie for Veteran Packer players, don't forget that).

Wynn played well. So did Lang, and even Walden came around towards the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Nah. These types of things are over-rated. Raji is a beast BECAUSE he's on the field 80% of the time. Same with Pickett. We have a rotation and it's adequate. Jenkins has taken up a lot of roster spots while injured. Let's give someone else a try that might be available more often. Letting him go was the right move at the right time. (And I'm an old softie for Veteran Packer players, don't forget that).

Wynn played well. So did Lang, and even Walden came around towards the end of the game.
    Good argument, Retail. This is the right way to disagree with someone.