by me specifically.

I really believed for the longest time that he was a good coach, but something was missing in that he wasn't going to get us to the big game. I thought maybe he was best suited to be an OC. The team was a penalty machine for 2-3 seasons in a row w/ no end in sight. That might have annoyed me more than anything else. Maybe that was an ignorant view.

But seeing the entire picture from start to now, you can see that he's grown a lot as a coach and now I view him as one of the top guys in the game.

He's surrounded himself w/ an excellent staff, ST excluded, and even made the ballsy call to switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and get a bad ass DC in Capers.

I'll always first and 2nd guess some play calls, but wow, I was ready for him to be gone and now I hope he sticks around because continuity is an under-valued trait in the NFL, and we can see the fruits of having a stable coach and a relatively stable coaching staff. It's also apparent that Mike works extremely well w/ young players which is going to be a calling card of a Thompson ran team. which means having a coach at the helm for the long term won't eventually be a detriment like maybe how Tom Coughlin is now in NY. The team has aged and his style has grown stale. I'm not sure that will happen in GB w/ the way Thompson constructs his roster...plus MM3 isn't an overbearing guy.

It's amazing how a super bowl victory can completely change your view and make you step back and re-examine previous misconceptions.

sorry if nobody cares, but I started a thread about getting rid of the guy so its only right I eat my crow in the same manner.

In Mike we trust.....