http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/130753208.html

Speaking out: Rodgers continues to speak openly about a couple of mistakes tight end Jermichael Finley made during this three-touchdown performance against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Rodgers remarked after the game that Finley had made a couple of mental errors and when asked about it Wednesday did not back off his comments.

"I think I hold everybody to the same standard," Rodgers said Wednesday. "I hold myself to a high standard. I think the mental mistakes are the ones that I believe can be cured through preparation.

"And as gifted and talented as that boy is - and he's an incredibly talented man, the big fella - I think he needs to tighten it up a little bit with some of the mental mistakes."

Rodgers didn't detail what the mistakes were, and they definitely weren't apparent to those not privy to the Packers' plays. Whatever the case, there weren't that many, and they didn't hurt Finley's production.

"A mental mistake by him can easily turn into a touchdown, which it did during the game," Rodgers said. "So you have to kind of understand, you're dealing with an extremely gifted player. So we're talking about one or two plays.

"But I think he can be great, and I wouldn't be saying that if I didn't believe he could be one of the greatest tight ends to ever line it up."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Rodgers shouldn't be saying it to the press regardless. Finley is the Packers number one priority to resign and Rodgers is tossing him under the bus. I don't think Rodgers likes to share the spot light with anyone else.