Thread: Bears to franchise Forte?

Bears to franchise Forte?

There are reports that the Bears plan to franchise Forte.

They REALLY don't want to pay that guy. With what's happening with Chris Johnson, I don't say I blame them.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Greg Jennings ispart of a "pay Forte" movement on Twitter.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Forte should go on strike.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    I wouldn't pay an RB big money. He is probably the last guy on the team that I'm going to pay a lot of money. RB is not as important as it used to be and most of them are done after 3-4 years.

But without Forte the bares don't have much else as far as offensive weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I wouldn't pay an RB big money.
    Forte is more than a runner. he's an offensive machine.

Yep, gotta pay him, problem is that he probably wants 6yrs 60 mil

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    I wouldn't pay an RB big money. He is probably the last guy on the team that I'm going to pay a lot of money. RB is not as important as it used to be and most of them are done after 3-4 years.
    Forte to the Bears is arguably the most important RB to his team of any team in the league. If they don't have him, they have nothing. They have no contingency plan in the works to replace him long term, they are pigeon holed and Forte knows it. Jerry Angelo is a horrible GM. Heres to Angelo for a lifetime contract!!
    Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Ground Rat
    Forte is a heck of a back. Unfortunately for him, I think in a couple seasons he's going to be a shell of what he is now. The bears know he's the only real weapon they have and they are riding him until the wheels fall off. So of course they are going to be hesitant to hand out too much money because the odds he remains this productive are very low.

Did the new CBA change the franchise rule? I remember them pushing for you only being able to franchise a guy one year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBrewer View Post
    Forte to the Bears is arguably the most important RB to his team of any team in the league. If they don't have him, they have nothing. They have no contingency plan in the works to replace him long term, they are pigeon holed and Forte knows it. Jerry Angelo is a horrible GM. Heres to Angelo for a lifetime contract!!
    No kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Did the new CBA change the franchise rule? I remember them pushing for you only being able to franchise a guy one year.
    I don't remember seeing that as a result. I think the old rules for franchising are pretty much the same. I think.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Forte seems like the type of back that can age well, like a bigger Brian Westbrook or a faster Steven Jackson.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers4Glory View Post
    Forte is a heck of a back. Unfortunately for him, I think in a couple seasons he's going to be a shell of what he is now. The bears know he's the only real weapon they have and they are riding him until the wheels fall off. So of course they are going to be hesitant to hand out too much money because the odds he remains this productive are very low.
    Yup. Maybe they can spot him a backloaded contract, with enough of a guaranteed money to make him sign.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck