Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Must Watch McCarthy Video: Priceless

Must Watch McCarthy Video: Priceless

This is today's press conference, the announcement of Jennings prognosis. After the statement and answering a couple of questions, McCarthy catches all the reporters staring at their phones, furiously thumb typing. And the coach proves social media has penetrated the bunker (start at :50 if you are in a hurry):

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...9-1ceba72dc59e

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ok, that's pretty funny.

Wow do I not get the attraction of tweeting. I thought it was ridiculous when it came out, and the idea of following someone's twitter feed, following their stream of consiousnous is just a little too close to a cult of personality for me!

I just went and checked good ol' Kim K's feed. Let's see, her last few tweets were:
    -Soooo proud of you @lorenridinger you are doing so amazing!
    -11:11 make a wish!
    -Sometimes ice cream makes it all better

That's some shit I can live without.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I can see how it works for Journalists. by the time they get our of that press conference, GJ out 2-3 weeks would have been old news.

Tweeting is the second most important invention since the internet. Except for the iphone of course. Everybody knows that. Well, they should anyhow.

/sarcasm

Listening to the key clicking is so painful I almost can't watch the videos anymore. I've never been to the twitter site, and don't have a reason to go there. God, what a waste of time.

Only reason I'd been there before was for topless pictures of a near 50yr old Demi Moore
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    www.twitter.com/shitmydadsays

isn't bad. it was successful enough to help the author get a book deal and a sitcom on TV staring William Shatner. I can't speak for the book or the show, but the shit he posts on there is pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    Tweeting is the second most important invention since the internet. Except for the iphone of course. Everybody knows that. Well, they should anyhow.

/sarcasm

Listening to the key clicking is so painful I almost can't watch the videos anymore. I've never been to the twitter site, and don't have a reason to go there. God, what a waste of time.
    I don't twitter nor am I on facebook. My life isn't that interesting to the masses...

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't twitter nor am I on facebook. My life isn't that interesting to the masses...
    Right. You, me everyone on this board, hell, just about everyone on the planet. Who gives a fuck if you're eating ice-cream?

It's symptomatic of the celebrity culture, rampant societal narcissism, the "oooh, look at me! I should be rewarded for existing!"/everyone is special mindset.

Twitter. Whatever.

But if you can get shots of Demi Moore or maybe Kim Kardashian topless, maybe it's not all bad.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Ok, that's pretty funny.

Wow do I not get the attraction of tweeting. I thought it was ridiculous when it came out, and the idea of following someone's twitter feed, following their stream of consiousnous is just a little too close to a cult of personality for me!

What Guin said

Ok, that's pretty funny.

Wow do I not get the attraction of tweeting.
    it's instant information. that's all it is to me. occasionally i'll ask a question of someone and sometimes actually get an answer. he saw those guys tweeting...that goes out right then and there to anyone following that reporter or organization.

Yeah, twitter sucks. It's horrible to find out about stuff before anyone else (not on twitter).

It's not for YOU to post that you're taking a shit. It's for you to catch up on breaking news on topics you've chosen WHILE you're taking a shit.

No one will follow you accept people you know personally -- who don't want to follow you -- but feel obligated because they know you.
    It's to follow news sources, players, handicappers, funny people and the like.

You guys must have flip phones, non-HD TVs and CRT computer monitors too. Welcome to 1999.

my favorite follow:

www.twitter.com/dadboner

character development at its very finest. literary genius.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Yeah, twitter sucks. It's horrible to find out about stuff before anyone else (not on twitter).

It's not for YOU to post that you're taking a shit. It's for you to catch up on breaking news on topics you've chosen WHILE you're taking a shit.

No one will follow you accept people you know personally -- who don't want to follow you -- but feel obligated because they know you.

You guys must have flip phones, non-HD TVs and CRT computer monitors too. Welcome to 1999.
    Flip phone? Why upgrade when mine is working so well.

[QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Ok, that's pretty funny.

I just went and checked good ol' Kim K's feed. Let's see, her last few tweets were:
    -Soooo proud of you @lorenridinger you are doing so amazing!
    -11:11 make a wish!
    -Sometimes ice cream makes it all better

So you wouldn't follow her in this case then.

Low Profile Rat Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Neither is anyone else's, but that doesn't stop 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by LP View Post
    Neither is anyone else's, but that doesn't stop 'em.
    Most people don't tweet much at all unless they're asking someone a direct question.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post

So, basically, if I disagree with you, that means that I'm not "current" with the times. There is no possibility that you're wrong then, and I must be?

Gotcha... (and I disagree)

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    So, basically, if I disagree with you, that means that I'm not "current" with the times. There is no possibility that you're wrong then, and I must be?

Gotcha... (and I disagree)
    Your disagreement is based on misinformation. You don't understand the premise of twitter and without that understanding, cannot grasp its value. So um, you're right -- there's no possibility that I'm wrong. It's the fastest source of news information. That's proven and not open to debate.

I didn't say you had to like twitter. You don't have to like the internet either. Or getting email on your phone. Or heck, even having the ability to call someone with a device in your pocket. You're allowed to prefer rotary dial phones also. You shouldn't get offended by me telling you that you're not current... you've chosen that.

Twitter is not a different form of Facebook. I cannot defend Facebook -- I don't personally like it and have no reason to want to share my personal business.

Some Twitter accounts are funny to read. Conan is good, but some, including some good comedians, use it only as a marketing exercise, which is the Twitter equivalent of ads on TV and radio. Louis CK is great fun to listen to but his Twitter account is a disaster.

I follow only the Packer writers, Football Outsiders, Advanced NFL Stats and Haudricourt on Twitter (Haudricourt picks fights with people, it can be pretty entertaining). The information shared, as Mission talked about is fantastic and impossible to get in one place. To get it almost immediately is icing on the cake. But it comes with a price. Wilde Tweets about family stuff more than Packers and all the writers post the information first, then post again with a link to the story they just wrote about the information they just Tweeted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.