Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Philbin's son missing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Philbin's son missing?

This got tacked on to 2 unrelated threads so I will start it on it's own
    https://twitter.com/#!/PGcharlesdavi...24006092853251

Hopefully he just got a bit drunk, got some tail and overslept. Sunday was only yesterday after all.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

More info on GBPG:
    http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...text|FRONTPAGE

Last seen at 2am Sunday, reported missing about 8:15 Sunday.

Sure agree with Mad, hope this is a case that he just forgot to call home or something. Can't help being a bit more worried than that with all the "last seen at 2am" reports of young people in WI that have turned out badly.

Not good.

Report of someone falling through the ice at 2:30 AM Sunday. Search being conducted in Fox River:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...136930878.html

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Not good.

Report of someone falling through the ice at 2:30 AM Sunday. Search being conducted in Fox River:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...136930878.html
    How dumb (or drunk) do you have to be to walk on ice when it has been one of the warmest starts to winter in Wisconsin history.

Ask all those parents of Lacrosse young men who fell into Miss river...

Feel terrible if he did something stupid. I know the police know more - the line 'credible story/calls' means either a friend was with him or there's holes in the ice/etc.

Timing of the calls and 'last reported' = he's the one in the river.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Blog Entries
    Jeez,

Interviewing for NFL HC jobs, the Giants coming up, & now this. If Philbin is freaking out, he just ain't paying attention, poor guy.

I went to Junior high school in that part of town. The Fox sometimes dosn't freeze thru in the channel in a hard winter, let alone this one. What was that freakin' kid doin' out there?

Oh yeah, Sat nite in Oshkosh, I forgot.

Man, a parent's worst nightmare.

Reminds me of this: nothing good ever comes after someone in Wisconsin says "Here, hold my beer"

I hope the kid is waking up from a bender right now.
    Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

dumb fucking kid

honestly, how hard is it to not fuck up until after the superbowl?

This is horrible. Poor kid. Poor family.

How old is he? I can't imagine anyone I know being worried about just an overnight thing...

That being said, I hope the kid's okay.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I don't like hearing about college age kids and dying in rivers. It is too uncommon of an occurance in Lacrosse and and now it seems to be moving East. Something is up in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't like hearing about college age kids and dying in rivers. It is too uncommon of an occurance in Lacrosse and and now it seems to be moving East. Something is up in this state.
    This one seems like a late-night ice walker. But I agree that the number of drunk kids off the bridges and into the rivers in college towns at bar-close seems really suspicious to me, as if someone is serially giving them a hand over the railing.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    This one seems like a late-night ice walker. But I agree that the number of drunk kids off the bridges and into the rivers in college towns at bar-close seems really suspicious to me, as if someone is serially giving them a hand over the railing.
    Could be. We spent most of our childhood on frozen Lakes, ponds, rivers, etc. i wonder if kids are doing it now bc they really haven't done it before and don't know the danger spots, currents, etc.

Man, this is gonna be the longest week of Philbin's life, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Alcohol and water freely mix, but people on alcohol + water = Darwin award.

Just speculating on the Alcohol, but would anyone here bet against that speculation?

Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by sheepshead View Post
    Also:
    http://www.thenorthwestern.com/artic...text|FRONTPAGE

Winnebago County Sheriff's Capt. Todd Christie said the body of a 20- to 25-year old man was recovered in about 15 feet of water, 30 yards from shore, at about 3 p.m. Monday.

Likely waiting for Joe or his wife to get to the cop shop and identify the body. I can't imagine what that trip is like.

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.