Bulaga
    Lang
    Newhouse
    Finley
    Cobb
    DJ Smith
    Davon House
    Burnett
    J Finley (I know, he's been great, but he has a level in him we might not have seen yet)
    Shields
    Mike Neal

Then we have the young guys we know very little about

Nick Perry
    Worthy
    Daniels
    DJ Williams
    Alex Green
    Derek Sherrod
    Brandon Saine
    MD Jennings
    Jerron McMillian
    Lawrence Guy
    Ray Dominguez

Then there is a whole list of unmentionables. Who knows who could step up from that group of developmental guys.

Driver, Woodson and Pickett are the only declining players. All the others are in their prime. . . .

Looking at it, the Packers may not have peaked yet. We could be looking at an all-time great team here.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

You put Finley twice

He likes Finley.

C.H.U.D.

Bulaga is already a top-5 RT in the league. There's a case for him as the best.
    Lang had a very good, bordering on great season last year. He probably outplayed Sitton. If he doesn't improve and doesn't decline, no one should utter a peep in complaint.
    Newhouse had a tough season. I believe he is best suited to be a RT. I am hoping Sherrod will take his job eventually.
    Finley needs only be more consistent. His ability has already shown itself, but I could see him "breaking out"
    Cobb is capable of an 800 yard, 8TD season among his various other contributions
    DJ Smith will probably not see too much action this season, but he looks almost as good as Bishop, and perhaps better in coverage.
    Davon House - I have no idea about this guy, but I would love for him to improve and contribute.
    Burnett - Already a solid safety, the next step is a pro bowl trip. I don't know if he'll make that step.
    Shields need only improve his tackling. His coverage issues will resolve with better play from the defensive line.
    Mike Neal - I don't think it's going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    He likes Finley.
    Hell Yes.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    You put Finley twice
    Whats up with all The Finley hate?

Blog Entries
    NFL Network noted one of these scouting services had Marshall Newhouse rated as the worst starting LT in the NFL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    NFL Network noted one of these scouting services had Marshall Newhouse rated as the worst starting LT in the NFL
    Are you suggesting he could jump or that he'll be outperformed and replaced?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Always got to pick on the fat guy. . . .

There's only one place to go then. . . . UP!!

I'm in Newhouse's corner. He sucked, but was consistent in his suckiness. It wasn't like he just lapsed and got ran by or over. . . . A good offseason and some experience under his gut and he could be a top 20 LT
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Always got to pick on the fat guy. . . .

There's only one place to go then. . . . UP!!

I'm in Newhouse's corner. He sucked, but was consistent in his suckiness. It wasn't like he just lapsed and got ran by or over. . . . A good offseason and some experience under his gut and he could be a top 20 LT
    Or at least top 50...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Newhouse is a bit overmatched against top pass rushers. Hopefully Sherrod beats him out. Newhouse would be a damn fine backup at either Tackle or Guard.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I would be stunned if he was truly the worst. He was never a complete tire fire and plenty of playoff teams have had a smoldering heap at Left Tackle (see Packers, 1996).

But I will be rooting hard for Sherrod anyway.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    But I will be rooting hard for Sherrod anyway.
    I am hoping Datko's shoulder had been finally fixed. I find him to be a very intriguing prospect at LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I am hoping Datko's shoulder had been finally fixed. I find him to be a very intriguing prospect at LT.
    In terms of pure talent, Datko is possibly the best offensive tackle on the team (in terms of grit and competitiveness, nobody beats Bulaga however.) Did he not miss significant time in college with that shoulder (and development along with time) he would have likely been a first round pick selected higher than Bulaga or Sherrod were. He did not, which is why we got him in the seventh round (I believe most teams gave him the worst draftable medical grade). But if he can get that right, he may well be starting at some point down the line.
    </delurk>

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker64 View Post
    In terms of pure talent, Datko is possibly the best offensive tackle on the team (in terms of grit and competitiveness, nobody beats Bulaga however.) Did he not miss significant time in college with that shoulder (and development along with time) he would have likely been a first round pick selected higher than Bulaga or Sherrod were. He did not, which is why we got him in the seventh round (I believe most teams gave him the worst draftable medical grade). But if he can get that right, he may well be starting at some point down the line.
    Datko had a torn labrum, if I recall. The same injury that robbed James Starks of his senior season. That's an injury with a high recovery success rate. Datko definitely interesting.

I didn't think Newhouse did THAT poorly last year. Some top end guys owned him, iirc, but I seem to remember him acquitting himself well, otherwise.

Didn't he settled down some after having a rough start? I wonder if they factored that type of thing into their ratings.

After facing Pepper x2, Allen x 2 and Hali last year I think he did quite well. I do believe that Newhouse is vastly underrated, however I think you guys have heard me say this before.

I don't think so. According to ProFootballFocus, he starting improving around midseason, but then relapsed in the last 4 games and especially in the playoff loss to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't think so. According to ProFootballFocus, he starting improving around midseason, but then relapsed in the last 4 games and especially in the playoff loss to the Giants.
    He didn't start against the Giants. He eventually replaced Clifton, who was playing poorly. Newhouse did give up 1 sack, but was the better of the 2 LT's that day.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Datko had a torn labrum, if I recall. The same injury that robbed James Starks of his senior season. That's an injury with a high recovery success rate. Datko definitely interesting.

I didn't think Newhouse did THAT poorly last year. Some top end guys owned him, iirc, but I seem to remember him acquitting himself well, otherwise.
    The concern with Datko is that he has had the shoulder problem since high school. I believe he had surgery while in high school, and it didn't completely correct the problem. He continued playing with it being less than right all through college, but aggravated it and needed a second surgery his last year in college. He claims it is finally right, better than anytime since high school. Hard to know until he gets back on the field.