Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Other Games Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Week 8 Other Games Thread

Wow. That was just an ass-whooping by Tampa last night. The bandwagon is pretty light for the Vikes up here in MN. Suddenly the sky is falling and Ponder is no longer thought of as the QBOTF.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Wow. That was just an ass-whooping by Tampa last night. The bandwagon is pretty light for the Vikes up here in MN. Suddenly the sky is falling and Ponder is no longer thought of as the QBOTF.
    How many years have we seen Viking teams that aren't expected to be real good start out very well, only to have reality hit at mid season? I can't remember the last time they were a team that got better as the season progressed, but they are often a team that fades.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    How many years have we seen Viking teams that aren't expected to be real good start out very well, only to have reality hit at mid season? I can't remember the last time they were a team that got better as the season progressed, but they are often a team that fades.
    However, somehow the Bears make a living on being an overperforming team year in and year out.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    However, somehow the Bears make a living on being an overperforming team year in and year out.
    True. In addition, in years that they start out well they generally seem to carry it through, absent a significant injury or injuries.. For a lot of years now, they have scored a lot of points on defense and on special teams. When you look back on a season and wonder how they won 10, 11, 12 games; you will find a bunch that were won due to "unconventional" scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    This tells me that Lovie is a good coach, hamstrung by his GM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    This tells me that Lovie is a good coach, hamstrung by his GM.
    I think so. It depends on how much input Lovie has on the FAs they bring in. It seems as though the GM is a bit shermanesque: The Bears always seem to be chasing last year's championship, filling holes in an effort to 'win now' and it seems to keep them perpetually a whisker away from being that team.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The Purple Jesus fumble really hurt....then once TB was up a couple scores it was all over for Ponder.

TB is a good team...and Vincent Jackson was a great pickup that has really helped them it seems.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    The Purple Jesus fumble really hurt....then once TB was up a couple scores it was all over for Ponder. .
    The Vikings coming back from way behind look exactly like when they play with a lead, or exactly the same as the start of the game. They have no downfield threat. Down 1, 2, or 3 scores, they still throw passes in the flat to Favrin, run, run, run Peterman and Gearhead, and maybe toss up a deep throw to a completely covered Jenkins. Rudolph is a slow Bubba Franks; He's Chmura with less strength, speed, and hot tubbing. He'll never fit in.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I was never scared of the Vikings, and knew they would start folding like a tent once their schedule wasn't filled with cupcakes. This division will come down to the Bears and Packers, which is as it should be. Week 15 is likely going to determine who wins this division.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

loved this totally-out-of-nowhere win by tb!! the only person that saw that coming was jason whitlock...his #payyourmortgage pick.

Lions and Bears both win.

Jets lose to Philbins. Go Joe.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I HATE the Bears. They are the luckiest team in the NFL
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I HATE the Bears. They are the luckiest team in the NFL
    I hate the Bears too, but that D is pretty gott-damn good. I keep waiting for one of the old guys to break and the D to fall off a cliff but it just never seems to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I hate the Bears too, but that D is pretty gott-damn good. I keep waiting for one of the old guys to break and the D to fall off a cliff but it just never seems to happen.
    They didn't look too great today
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    They didn't look too great today
    Ahhh. Didn't get to see the game or look at the stats yet. The only thing I saw was the pick 6 that was making the rounds. Did you see that game?

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Ahhh. Didn't get to see the game or look at the stats yet. The only thing I saw was the pick 6 that was making the rounds. Did you see that game?
    Ya I did. Carolina was moving the ball all over the field but kept settling for FG. Cutler was dog shit.
    Go PACK

WTF?

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    WTF?

It's Halloween at the pokey!

Those pants look familiar.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cowboys pull out a little misdirection on the goal line. Nice.

And my son is sleeping while my wife and daughter are not home yet from a baby shower. Time to power post.