Thread: Say it Ain't So Greg Jennings!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Say it Ain't So Greg Jennings!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ushing-record/

Greg Jennings wants Adrian Peterson to break rushing record

Posted by Mike Florio on December 18, 2012, 9:54 AM EST

AP
    In a move that will be regarded by some Packers fans as evidence of dogs and cats living together, Green Bay receiver Greg Jennings says that he actually wants Vikings running back Adrian Peterson to break Eric Dickerson’s single-season rushing record of 2,105 yards.

Given that Peterson would need two fewer yards than his own single-game record of 296 to accomplish that feat against the Texans in Week 16, Jennings necessarily wants Peterson to break it against the Packers in Week 17.

”I want him to do it,” Jennings told Dan Patrick on Tuesday morning. “It’s impressive to see a player dominate like that. . . . It’s almost devastating if he gets that close and doesn’t get it.”

Of course, it would be more devastating if Peterson puts up a record-breaking performance as part of a Vikings win over the Packers that costs Green Bay a possible bye week and forces them to host the No. 6 seed in the wild-card round and travel to San Francisco for the next wave of the postseason.

But with Jennings’ contract expiring and no indication that the Packers are trying to keep him around, it could be that Jennings is starting to emotionally disconnect from the Green Bay franchise — and the fierce rivalries that go along with it.

************************************************** *************************
    I want no Viking to set any record at any time, especially against the Packers!!

Packer D I'm sure has a different view than Greg as well.

WTF

No place in the game for this type of thing. Grab the pitchforks and torches!

Suspend Jennings for comments detrimental to the team.
    C.H.U.D.

i was at a game years back at lambeau where shaun alexander broke the single season record for rushing touchdowns. you know what all the packer fans did?

standing ovation

AP is a great player and it sounds like a good guy off the field. what he's done this season, after his injury, is nothing short of amazing

i'll be cheering for him to get the record, i'll also be cheering for a packer win

and i'll tell you what else. I think he's the MVP

If Peterson breaks the record against them I'll tip my hat. But to say he wants him to break the record is fucked up in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i was at a game years back at lambeau where shaun alexander broke the single season record for rushing touchdowns. you know what all the packer fans did?

standing ovation

AP is a great player and it sounds like a good guy off the field. what he's done this season, after his injury, is nothing short of amazing

i'll be cheering for him to get the record, i'll also be cheering for a packer win

and i'll tell you what else. I think he's the MVP
    The media is sure building of late on Adrian Peterson as the MVP. Win it or not he's the MVP in the NFL this season.

Adrian Peterson has carried the Vikings when his number has been called. The following might amaze you. Adrian Peterson has had 18 carries or fewer in half of Minnesota's games this season. Minnesota's record in those seven games is 2-5. The Vikings are currently last in the NFL in passing, so you may wonder why hold back Adrian Peterson? A running back that presently is averaging over 6 yards per carry.

The whole story is amazing to many who love the NFL. I hope that I will have the distinct pleasure to see Adrian Peterson set his record against our team at the Metrodome. That, that game will be available to me at my home. I'll see him play Vs the Houston Texan's this Sunday as he reduces the total of 294 yards he needs to surpass the record.

GO AP GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 12-18-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I'm checking on the Packer fans opinion of AP and breaking the record. Amazingly among Packer fans there is strong sentiment for AP getting that done and for Adrian Peterson winning the NFL MVP. I believe that AP will get a majority of fan support and AP will break Eric Dickerson's record of 2105 rushing yards, set in 1984.

The fans won't have a vote on his 2012 performance as the NFL MVP. Consider this article as you weigh in on Adrian Peterson's amazing season to date.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/12...son-comparison

Is Adrian Peterson's 2012 More Impressive Than Eric Dickerson's 1984?

By: Christopher Gates on Dec 18, 2012
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is not your father's NFL: Cutler and Rodgers are buddies
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

AP got 210 against the Packers, and the Packers won. As long as the Packers win again, I don't care if he gets 300. I'd rather have AP have the record than Dickerson.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    AP got 210 against the Packers, and the Packers won. As long as the Packers win again, I don't care if he gets 300. I'd rather have AP have the record than Dickerson.
    +1

The conversation wasn't quite what that blurb conveys. Patrick asked him this theoretical: would you sign up for Packers winning the game and Peterson breaks the record? The man who broke his freaking leg said yes he would take that deal.

But it was an all-round awkward conversation. He later said he would consider letting him have the record late if he played defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The conversation wasn't quite what that blurb conveys. Patrick asked him this theoretical: would you sign up for Packers winning the game and Peterson breaks the record? The man who broke his freaking leg said yes he would take that deal.

But it was an all-round awkward conversation. He later said he would consider letting him have the record late if he played defense.
    Who's the man who broke his leg? And letting him have the record brings back memories of the other phantom sack, and I don't mean Everett's.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Who's the man who broke his leg? And letting him have the record brings back memories of the other phantom sack, and I don't mean Everett's.
    NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

They have to review that TD up top. It looks like the ball didn't cross the plane of the goal line.

It looks like he came down too hard on the red circle thing and his leg just went "BOOM!"

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    AP has overcome serious family issues. Appears to be a good role model.

It would be nice someone like AP to hold this record. BTW hope someone breaks Strahan's sack record. (Believe Alson Smoth of the 49ers is in good position.)

Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha1 View Post
    AP has overcome serious family issues. Appears to be a good role model.

It would be nice someone like AP to hold this record. BTW hope someone breaks Strahan's sack record. (Believe Alson Smoth of the 49ers is in good position.)
    i think i saw that him and watt are both on pace to break it

Both are at 19.5.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I've always liked AP... that's cool if he breaks the record. It's not a single game thing, it's not like we'll be remembered as the team he went nuts on (unless he runs for 300+ ha).

Jennings needs to go back to not talking. He talked a bunch of shit before his surgery and now he comes back for a couple games and he's back to doubting he'll be a Packer and all that. Just shut up and play, Hollywo--errr, Greg.

why AD over Dickerson? I didn't think he was such a bad guy.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    I'm in a fanasty league in NY with progressive scoring; $500 entry and payout over 3G. We partner up. 8 cut throat teams. We have AP
    I want AP to run for 250vs Green Bay and I want the Packers to win 38-21 with all three TD's coming from AP
    Bretsky wants it all; the money and the Packer victory
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?