Thread: MCGINN........."RAY LEWIS ALMOST A PACKER""

Blog Entries

MCGINN........."RAY LEWIS ALMOST A PACKER""

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    It's good to see the JS is committed to recycling

Yeah well, John Michels has as many Super Bowl rings as Ray Lewis. So there.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

How could Ron Wolf be so stupidly confident that the Ravens wouldn't take Lewis? A guy is not your guy until you've handed the commish your card and it's your pick, right?

And if they loved, loved, loved Lewis so much, why not move up? I wonder if they tried to or could have? It doesn't sound like Wolf did.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    How could Ron Wolf be so stupidly confident that the Ravens wouldn't take Lewis? A guy is not your guy until you've handed the commish your card and it's your pick, right?

And if they loved, loved, loved Lewis so much, why not move up? I wonder if they tried to or could have? It doesn't sound like Wolf did.
    Why is it stupid? He let the draft come to him instead of doing a Sherman-esq jump up in the draft to get a player he'd decided he could not do without. Not like Lewis was a sure thing, at that time, he was just a guy they liked.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

I would like to know why he thought Lewis would slide by. What did he think they needed to do? Because the Ravens version of this story is that they wanted a LB in round 1 (after getting Ogden in the top ten) and Newsome had been resisting the urge to trade up. Lewis was the last LB they had on their board with a 1st round grade.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.