Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michael Huff on his way to visit GB

Michael Huff on his way to visit GB

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere:

Free agent DB Michael Huff has scheduled a visit with the Packers.
    Huff had a "nice visit" in Dallas, but is going forward with planned trips to the Ravens and Green Bay. Per ESPN Dallas, Huff isn't sure he can wait for the Cowboys to "get their salary-cap situation straight." It sounds like he'll have a new home by the end of the week. Mar 26 - 3:05 PM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Sorry if this was posted elsewhere:
    Very "Tank-an-esque" post, Patler.

Does TT know that he's coming?

Michael Huff is getting up there in age but still makes plays and isn't injury prone or he's reliable.

He's only missed 4 games in a 7 season career going back to 2007. He started 54 games over the past four seasons. He's a hard hitter who had 13 pass defenses and 2 picks last year. He has 11 career picks, but has 10 in his last four seasons alone.

http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelhuff/2495859/profile
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-26-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Very "Tank-an-esque" post, Patler.
    Where is Tank.

Doing a Doctorate?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

He'll be a Raven....end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    He'll be a Raven....end of story.
    You post that why?

Ohh yea !

TT has some beans for this and more beans for that. No beans for FA's that havn't already acquired a fine taste for Wisconsin sausage.

Look Good!? Doesn't matter...it's cheap.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 03-26-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You post that why?

Ohh yea !

TT has some beans for this and more beans for that. No beans for FA's that havn't already acquired a fine taste for Wisconsin sausage.

Look Good!? Doesn't matter...it's cheap.
    No.

Ravens need a safety, although some will disagree, I don't think the Packers NEED a safety. The upcoming draft is touted as a good safety draft. TT will probably draft a Huff's potential roster spot in April. Again, I see Green Bay being used to potentially drive the price up.

Blog Entries
    No.

Ravens need a safety, although some will disagree, I don't think the Packers NEED a safety. The upcoming draft is touted as a good safety draft. TT will probably draft a Huff's potential roster spot in April. Again, I see Green Bay being used to potentially drive the price up.
    On a scale of one to ten my hopes are about a 0; as all we need is Red coming in letting us know the deal is near done and then it goes negative

We signed about the only free agent I detested; how ironic for a guy who use to get pumped for free agency
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Just a couple FYI's

GB's cap situation....much cleaner than Dallas or Baltimore
    ESPN has Huff rated as the #18 Safety, ahead of Burnett
    He'd be a nice pickup for a couple years while the young guys develop
    Ed Reed got 15 MIL for three yrs
    My guess is he nets 2.75-3.5 MIL per year on about a three year deal
    Last edited by Bretsky; 03-26-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    GB's cap situation....much cleaner than Dallas or Baltimore
    Not really--unless you don't plan on extending Rodgers and Matthews this summer.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Does TT know that he's coming?
    Funnies thing in this thread!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Least it's something to look forward to! come on Teddy, pull out the check book, you dont have to front load ALL of Arods contract.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

Huff is a bit interesting. Same age as Collins. A bit bigger than Collins. Fast. Said to be a willing player in run defense, but not always with good tackling technique. Good enough cover guy that he spent a good part of 2012 at CB due to injuries. Made some second team All-Pro lists in 2010.

Could be a player who has been beaten down playing for one of the suspect organizations in the NFL. One whose career could have a resurgence when put in a different, better football environment, not unlike another DB who escaped from Oakland a few years ago.

I like what someone said above - sign him for a couple years while the young guys develop. Safeties notoriously take time to develop - Sharper and Collins are two examples - so if Huff could be had for a two year deal, that would give McMillan and Richardson and whomever the Packers draft this year some time to learn. By the way, anybody heard anything about Richardson's injured neck? Is his career in jeopardy?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Oh, Christ....TT won't sign him. Let's move on to the draft:

http://www.thefan1075.com/common/mor...49&post_id=123
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Not really--unless you don't plan on extending Rodgers and Matthews this summer.
    Cleaner with the extensions......plus....no guarantees we have to extend both "this summer" . We are far from the doom and gloom of Dallas. We have plenty of room to afford a 3MIL/year deal.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Cleaner with the extensions......plus....no guarantees we have to extend both "this summer" . We are far from the doom and gloom of Dallas. We have plenty of room to afford a 3MIL/year deal.
    I'd be surprised if that's all he gets.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

No.

I've just been studying what TT might do with this draft RE: addressing the FS/SS position.

ie Use #26 for FS Eric Reid or trade down for another pick on day two and target SS D.J. Swearinger or FS Matt Elam with his second round pick.

PACKERS !

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Trading down in this draft will be though I think since everyone is going to have the same idea. Very deep class that is extra weak at the top. 6 or 7 guys that I would rather have than Huff though. Huff is a hell of an athlete but he's way too soft to be the answer on a defense that is too soft. I want a tone-setter from our next safety.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Huff is coming for a visit? I'll believe it when we get a reliable report that he sets foot on the premises at 1265.