Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Status report on the health of Datko

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Status report on the health of Datko

Silverstein:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/207060661.html

Said that seeing him with his shirt off, its obvious that he has made gains in the weight room. Apparently he has been healthy and without restriction since week 4 last season. Could be a nice pickup, a guy projected to be a 1st or 2nd day pick before being injured.

I was going to wait until I heard something positive about him to get my hopes up. Hopes just went up for him. He's a highly regarded OT prospect, young, hard working, healthy, had a year to work on his technique/fundamentals last year. Could be one of this years big surprises.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Witness Protection Rat HOFer
    Datko has a chance. Good build and length. Footwork improved during preseason.

Good to hear this, and interesting as all get out. Always nice to have dark horse with high potential in the race.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Good to hear this, and interesting as all get out. Always nice to have dark horse with high potential in the race.
    Taucsher II?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha1 View Post
    Taucsher II?
    That's a scary dream to have. I'm not going that far.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    That's a scary dream to have. I'm not going that far.
    Why -- it is a good thing. Solid starter for five plus years.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaloha1 View Post
    Why -- it is a good thing. Solid starter for five plus years.
    Never mind. Had Clifton on the brain.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Draft picks and injuries. I'm pitching a bucket of salt over my shoulder.

I am hoping for a return to the mean a cross the board wrt injuries so hopefully this is the start.

Time to dredge up some of his college details from his Packer bio:

- Four-year starter at left tackle, opening 40 of the 41 games he played during his time at Florida State.
    - Was named to the preseason watch lists for the Outland Trophy (top interior lineman) and the Lombardi Award (top lineman) in 2011.
    - Was also a preseason All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection heading into the 2011 season.
    - Started 11 games at LT as a junior, allowing just one sack and being penalized just three times all season.
    - As a junior, was presented the Bob Crenshaw Award by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club as the Most Courageous Seminole.
    - Started every game at LT as a sophomore and allowed just two sacks all season, shutting out current NFL players Derrick Morgan, Robert Quinn and Willie Young.
    - As a true freshman in 2008, earned Freshman All-American honors from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Sporting News, Rivals and Phil Steele.

Started all games at LT as a sophmore and 11 as a junior, and gave up just 3 sacks combined in the two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

- Four-year starter at left tackle, opening 40 of the 41 games he played during his time at Florida State.
    - Was named to the preseason watch lists for the Outland Trophy (top interior lineman) and the Lombardi Award (top lineman) in 2011.
    - Was also a preseason All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection heading into the 2011 season.
    - Started 11 games at LT as a junior, allowing just one sack and being penalized just three times all season.
    - As a junior, was presented the Bob Crenshaw Award by the Tallahassee Quarterback Club as the Most Courageous Seminole.
    - Started every game at LT as a sophomore and allowed just two sacks all season, shutting out current NFL players Derrick Morgan, Robert Quinn and Willie Young.
    - As a true freshman in 2008, earned Freshman All-American honors from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), Sporting News, Rivals and Phil Steele.

Started all games at LT as a sophmore and 11 as a junior, and gave up just 3 sacks combined in the two seasons.
    IIRC: At the end on his junior year, Datko was touted as a possible first-rounder, he then tore his labrum, not labia, Fritz, which scared everyone off so we'll see. *fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    IIRC: At the end on his junior year, Datko was touted as a possible first-rounder, he then tore his labrum, not labia, Fritz, which scared everyone off so we'll see. *fingers crossed*
    If Sherrod does not come back from his injury people will start thinking it was a torn labia, not a leg fractured in two places.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Sherrod does not come back from his injury people will start thinking it was a torn labia, not a leg fractured in two places.
    Legs crossed tightly >>> both hands on top of head >>> OUCH !!

Can't concentrate on play like that. It's terrible !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post

How does a career starter at LT become a finalist for the Outland Trophy??? lol, give me some of the stuff they're smokin'
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

hes probably a better bet than sherry.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    hes probably a better bet than sherry.
    We will purge the non-believers with our love.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    We will purge the non-believers with our love.
    dude, his athletic numbers are the same. Sherrod does have crazy long arms, but datco comes from good coaching and has a full year under his belt with the packers. Thats on the practice field, working. Its not being a non believer. Its being realistic. If Sherry left college right now, hed probably be undrafted. 1.5 years out of football is a big problem, man.

Datco being healthy, having been able to work all last season, as experienced as he was coming out of a good ol program. . . He might be more game ready than most of this years 1st round picks, has more physical talent than most of them too.

I'm really pulling for Datko to crack the lineup this year. Maybe he could win the Starting RT spot, which would be huge given the competition that will be at that position. However, one thing concerns me - how come he couldn't get in the mix last year? He was on the practice squad and could have been moved up at anytime. Instead, Barclay comes up before him. Maybe they (the coaches) were still concerned about the injury and wanted to give him the entire year to heal? Nothing against Barclay - he came up and looked pretty good, but looking at draft status and Datko's ability prior to the injury - Datko should have wiped the floor with Barclay. I don't know.

After sitting and thinking about it, TT drafting guys like Datko and then this past draft - Charles Johnson - makes me really like these moves. Guys that you know can play, but have some kind of minor red flag, whether it be injury or personality or whatever - take a 7th round flier on them. If it works out, you're a genius. If not, it was a 7th round pick - no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Datco being healthy, having been able to work all last season, as experienced as he was coming out of a good ol program. . . He might be more game ready than most of this years 1st round picks, has more physical talent than most of them too.
    It was a joke JH.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.