Quote Originally Posted by Guiness
ok, with this post, I now fully agree you are pulling a sham.

Interesting numbers, as always. I will pick out one move that is fine in my books, and that's trade that got him Johnson. If it's the 7th, there's a guy you like, a move like that is fine. There could be competition for him as a undrafted FA, so get the rights to him.

The shenanigans with the 86th and 87th picks must've made him the laughing stock of the league.
Pulling a "Sham"? Info was from Chad Reuter's 2005 NFL Darft Guide that was on Packerchatters last year. It recapped Packer drafts a long time past.

Regarding the trade to get Chris Johnson, giving up your 6th next year for a 7th the current year to me is sort of insane. He gave up 50 draft positions to draft a player that would be a long shot at making his roster. He traded what turned out to be #185 just to get #245. Here is the really insane part of it: HE ALSO HAD PICKS #253, #256 and #257 as free agent competition. He traded away the next years 6th round pick to get #245 because he was afraid Johnson wouldn't last until #253. Was Johnson worth that much? Was the risk of losing a guy who lasted to the 7th round worth that much? So what if one of the 8 teams who would have drafted had taken him?

I can agree with your thoughts about competition for an undrafted free agent that you liked, and it might have made sense if the Packers had no 7th round pick, but they had three of them. Apparently #253, #256 and #257 were too low for Sherman so he traded to get #245!