Thread: SF forced into rebuilding

SF forced into rebuilding

That franchise is going to look a lot different this year than last. They had a run, but it seems to be coming apart now.

Harbaugh is gone. Love or hate him, 3 straight NFC title appearances, one leading to a SB berth can't be ignored.
    They look to be loosing Gore, Crabtree, and Iupati to FA.
    Now Patrick Willis and Justin Smith are said to be both retiring.

Packers seem to lose an important guy or two every year, but I much prefer that sort of turnover to half a dozen major contributors departing all at once.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Hard to fathom that just a year or 2 ago SF was looked at as one of Packers' biggest obstacles over the next 6-7 years
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Willis? Really? I had not heard that.
    Because of injuries? He just turned 30 in January.

And I wonder if there's anything to the Kaepernick story. The GM has vociferously denied the story. That could mean it's bogus, or that he's pissed that the word got out.

"Colin is our quarterback and we are excited to have him," Baalke said. "He is not going anywhere. The media reports suggesting otherwise are without merit and, quite frankly, ridiculous."

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    And I wonder if there's anything to the Kaepernick story. The GM has vociferously denied the story. That could mean it's bogus, or that he's pissed that the word got out.
    No surprise to me. SF's offense dropped to 20th last year. A couple of years of tape on these hybrid offenses and "boom" they seem to run out of steam.

Kaepernick was 289/478 for 3369 yards 19 TDs and 10 INTs in 2014. Plus another 600+ on the ground and a TD.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

So much for $60M guaranteed, eh? The media sure loves to quote that, it came up again when Suh's new contract was being discussed - that his guarantee was higher than everyone but Kap's. Doesn't matter that the guarantees aren't vested yet and are subject to de-escalators.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of clowns. Breaks me heart.

Seriously, who are they planning on tanking for?

Has to be a QB, right?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Seriously, who are they planning on tanking for?

Has to be a QB, right?
    Cardale Jones! LOL

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Well that means its SEA and GB! We will wrap up the North by the 8th game!
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Evidently, the damage to his left big toe is so extensive that there was some amount of discussion of amputating it... Not hard to see why he retired. He's on the fence of the HoF with guys like Sterling, who would probably have been in if not for injury...

Even if Harbaugh stayed, the downfall of the 49ers was fast approaching. They were aging and had tied up a decent amount of money into Kaep without many options for replacements.

if i'm the 9ers right now and seeing all this good players jumping ship, then i'm trying to offload the biggest mistake they've made (giving kap waaay too much money)

Blog Entries
    586 (Wazzat the number?) Baby!

The Seahawks are now everybody's hate team.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Evidently, the damage to his left big toe is so extensive that there was some amount of discussion of amputating it... Not hard to see why he retired. He's on the fence of the HoF with guys like Sterling, who would probably have been in if not for injury...
    All Sterling Sharpe needed was a few more years. Statistically, he was way ahead of Michael Irvin when he retired, and they came into the league the same year.

I wonder if this is wind-down phase of their stadium financing plan.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.