Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Titans Game Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Official Packers/Titans Game Thread

Probably won't see starters much. The battle for the #2 RB position may be the most interesting today. This will be the last chance for Fergy and Gardner to show that they should start ahead of Jennings. I'm also hoping to see Ruvell Martin do in a game what he's been doing in practice.

On defense, I'm hoping to see some improvement from Marquand Manuel. Hopefully what we saw last week was a result from a lack of playing time. Expect to see a lot of Tyrone Culver and Mike Hawkins. It will be interesting to see if Poppinga is ready to push Ben Taylor for the starting SAM position. [/b]
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

What is the deal with Ruvell?

I have not seen enough of the games to know if he is not getting the playing time, if he is not getting seperation, or if the QB's are just not getting him the ball.

I think it would be a good idea to throw possible promising players in with the 1st or 2nd units for a few plays in pre-season to see what they can do.

Re: Official Packers/Titans Game Thread

Titans have been pretty bad this preseason, Volek may get cut, I would guess Collins isn't ready to play...this is a game that Green Bay should win at home.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    I can't watch. I'll be in front of this pc though. I assume WTMJ is streaming the audio broadcast?

Is there a play by play on packers.com or nfl.com for this game?
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass
    I can't watch. I'll be in front of this pc though. I assume WTMJ is streaming the audio broadcast?

nfl.com has a live game viewer with play by play....

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak

nfl.com has a live game viewer with play by play....
    I haven't gotten to it to check if they were gonna do that for the pre-season yet. Thanks Rastak.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Anything with audio?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

I just checked the WTMJ site and they have the countdown to kickoff but nothing stating that they'll be streaming the game.

I can't imagine they won't but I'd like to know for sure.

Who put up the audio link for the Cincy game? MJ??

Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack
    What is the deal with Ruvell?

I have not seen enough of the games to know if he is not getting the playing time, if he is not getting seperation, or if the QB's are just not getting him the ball.

I think it would be a good idea to throw possible promising players in with the 1st or 2nd units for a few plays in pre-season to see what they can do.

Yeah, I raised this question earlier in the week. In practice, he's 3rd on the team in receptions in 11-on-11 drills, but he's caught one pass in 3 pre-season games. He should get his chance today though, as I imagine they'll pull Driver pretty early.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Titans have been pretty bad this preseason, Volek may get cut, I would guess Collins isn't ready to play...this is a game that Green Bay should win at home.
    Already setting it up so you can downplay today's victory, huh? This from the guy who likes to brag that the Vikings beat the defending Super Bowl champions in their preseason game--without acknowledging that neither Big Ben, Willie Parker, nor Hines Ware played more than one series. You also stated that the Vikings beat Dallas's starters yesterday 7-3 in the first half--without acknowledging that Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens didn't play much.

BTW, Brett Favre is going to play one series, Ahman Green isn't going to play, and you aren't likely going to see some of the front liners play that much. Aaron Rodgers vs. Vince Young for most of the game. Seems pretty even.

True that....but, for some reason the Titans have had our number. Since '98, when we beat them at the end of the season, they have destroyed us in reg. season and preseason numerous times. They are to us what the Giants have been to the Vikings.

Why is this game being played in the middle of a Friday afternoon?

Is it because they don't want to compete with high school football?

Seems I remember something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack
    Why is this game being played in the middle of a Friday afternoon?

Is it because they don't want to compete with high school football?

Seems I remember something to that effect.
    Yeah thats what they said. They would have played yesterday, but league rules state you need 3 full days between games.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Already setting it up so you can downplay today's victory, huh? This from the guy who likes to brag that the Vikings beat the defending Super Bowl champions in their preseason game--without acknowledging that neither Big Ben, Willie Parker, nor Hines Ware played more than one series. You also stated that the Vikings beat Dallas's starters yesterday 7-3 in the first half--without acknowledging that Drew Bledsoe and Terrell Owens didn't play much.

BTW, Brett Favre is going to play one series, Ahman Green isn't going to play, and you aren't likely going to see some of the front liners play that much. Aaron Rodgers vs. Vince Young for most of the game. Seems pretty even.

Yea, that makes it pretty meaningless if the starters don't play much.

Anyway, are you suggesting that Tennesee is real tough? The battle of second stringers is a crap shoot, that's for sure.

As for Bledsoe, word out of Dallas is Romo may be the starting QB very soon, and he played damn near four quarters. Anyway, all this preseason stuff is pretty irrelevent in the long run as you know. Just like you take some good things out of each game, I do the same. Vikes did some good things on the road, did some bad things...we'll see how it goes when the gloves come off next week.

I just checked the WTMJ site and they have the countdown to kickoff but nothing stating that they'll be streaming the game.

I can't imagine they won't but I'd like to know for sure.

Who put up the audio link for the Cincy game? MJ??
    It wasn't me. Best I can do is look up the Packer Radio network from the Westwood one website.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Romo has no shot of replacing Bledsoe soon--unless Drew gets injured. They like him as the backup and future starter, but Parcells said that was a bunch of BS from the media. I believe him on this one.

These games are ALL meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Romo has no shot of replacing Bledsoe soon--unless Drew gets injured. They like him as the backup and future starter, but Parcells said that was a bunch of BS from the media. I believe him on this one.

These games are ALL meaningless.

Maybe, but he sure is getting alot of playing time. Time will tell on that one also.

Whatever happens today won't tell us anything about what will happen next week.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falco
    That's for the Magic 8 Ball to reveal.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by falco
    That might be true but a loss vs Titans would not benefit the 'Lambeau advantage'.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.