Thread: Eli wants to get PAID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Eli wants to get PAID

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ontract-report

Oh pleasepleaseplease NY, waste a ton of cap $ on this hump and sign him to a ridiculous deal and sink your stupid franchise.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Good. Every time a marginal/good player on some other team gets paid like they're elite it's good for Green Bay.

He has won twice as many Super Bowls as Rodgers, I think he should be paid twice as much as Rodgers!

He is going to get a big number, even if they fudge on highest paid. He has only one season left, has a HUGE franchise tag number next year and they have no alternative.

The only thing the Giants have on their side is that he might be able to make them pay more than anyone else. If they are careful, they may be able to top the list of offers by only a small amount. A reverse Yankee negotiating strategy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I hope they give him a king's ransom so that cripples their salary cap for years.

Eli might have 2 rings but QBs like Dilfer have a ring too.

He was one David Tyree catch and one Mario Manningham (?) catch away from being a two-time LOSING Super Bowl QB. IMO.
    "What's one more torpedo in a sinking ship?"
    Lynn Dickey, 1984

"Never apologize, mister. It's a sign of weakness."
    John Wayne, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"

Quote Originally Posted by K-town View Post
    He was one David Tyree catch and one Mario Manningham (?) catch away from being a two-time LOSING Super Bowl QB. IMO.
    Everyone who prevented 6 New England Super Bowls deserves a bonus.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Eli is streaky and reminds me of a slightly better Matthew Stafford. Is his contract almost up? I don't think the Giants have anyone in the pipeline, but I don't know that he has that much leverage. He hasn't been elite lately.
    Maybe TT can trade them Hundley in a year or two.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Eli came out and said he never said this nor did his agent.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Eli came out and said he never said this nor did his agent.
    Yeah but they are all dissembling by half. For Eli to get a market contract on an extension, his APY will likely be above the record for the new money at least. The team is leaking it to make him look bad. But Eli can only credibly claim he isn't asking for record money if he tells us how much he is looking for for the average of all the years of his deal.

Blog Entries
    On paper it would not surprise me if he gets the richest contract..something to brag about.....soon Lueck will get the richest contract as well
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?