Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where are they now? Myles White edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where are they now? Myles White edition

I am a bit fascinated by this guy. He looked so good in preseason, now according to this non-update update, he didn't even make a practice squad.
    http://nflspinzone.com/2015/09/09/gr...ractice-squad/

I don't want to hear any "I told you so" talk. Nobody foresaw this guy falling off the NFL wagon.

Well, he is available, for the moment anyway, for the Packers to resign. But now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the guy.

He's working as the center field foul pole in Miller Park.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Where is Myles White, you ask? Hanging out with Cody Mandell!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I am a bit fascinated by this guy. He looked so good in preseason, now according to this non-update update, he didn't even make a practice squad.
    http://nflspinzone.com/2015/09/09/gr...ractice-squad/

I don't want to hear any "I told you so" talk. Nobody foresaw this guy falling off the NFL wagon.

Well, he is available, for the moment anyway, for the Packers to resign. But now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the guy.
    Let me channel some of our more skeptical posters and say that the fact Myles White can't even make someone else's practice squad shows that Ted doesn't know anything about constructing depth at a position.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think most other teams already have their version of Myles White sitting in their practice squad. That dime-a-dozen guy who doesn't suck at anything but isn't great at anything either and his best quality is that he's experienced in your offense.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think most other teams already have their version of Myles White sitting in their practice squad. That dime-a-dozen guy who doesn't suck at anything but isn't great at anything either and his best quality is that he's experienced in your offense.
    I could see the Packers bringing him back if Cobb or Montgomery went down (and before Abbrederis gets back into playing shape). He's a fringe player. He's fast and has worked hard, but there is one glaring weakness that makes him a fringe player. He struggles beating press coverage. The other thing that always bugged me about White is his body language when something went wrong. I always felt like he lacks confidence.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I could see the Packers bringing him back if Cobb or Montgomery went down (and before Abbrederis gets back into playing shape). He's a fringe player. He's fast and has worked hard, but there is one glaring weakness that makes him a fringe player. He struggles beating press coverage. The other thing that always bugged me about White is his body language when something went wrong. I always felt like he lacks confidence.
    I honestly don't get the Abby love. Sure, he's flashed in offseason work, but White has shown way more than him in both preseason and regular season (admittedly, that's not much). Until Abby both stays healthy and shows he can play in the NFL, he's just another Kevin Dorsey.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I honestly don't get the Abby love. Sure, he's flashed in offseason work, but White has shown way more than him in both preseason and regular season (admittedly, that's not much). Until Abby both stays healthy and shows he can play in the NFL, he's just another Kevin Dorsey.
    And White is another Taco Wallace.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

I think because not playing much cuts both ways. Until Abby he fails on the field he's still potentially a solid player. White may have shown more, but he's also shown his weaknesses and limitations. We can say with much more certainty that White will not be much more than a fringe player.

Hes white and played for the Badgers...whats not to get?

Honestly if he wasnt so injury prone I'd like him more but dude is not going to be able to last in this league. With everything we know on concussions I would think the next one he gets would make him think about walking away from the game. Chris Boland stepping away from the game had to open some eyes up, took a lot of balls to do that.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Hes white and played for the Badgers...whats not to get?
    and right on cue...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries

Abby is more talented, a better route runner, and has natural hands for special teams. But he has not played a game in two years and has only been to about 8 practices so it's hard to expect much
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He was a notch above the magician, but mainly because Abby had not made the field in two years. Before Jordy had a knee, many thought White was a long shot. Now that JJ is back, he's pretty much in the same boat.

I would guess he didn't make the practice squad because he's at his ceiling in what he is going to bring, and it is a 5th or 6th WR ability. I was surprised he made the practice squad last year for the same reason.

Speaking of practice squad players wish we still have Charles Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Speaking of practice squad players wish we still have Charles Johnson.
    We have to agree to stop discussing him. I need to move on.

And Dr. McKenzie needs an action plan for improvement.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

There's little upside to White's game. Abby may show the same limited upside, but we don't know what we have in him yet. I'm guessing TT could care less what color skin Abby and White have. White was signed to the Giants practice squad.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Packers signing Jones and White ending up on the Giants ps is a pretty good illustration of the 'one man's trash is another man's treasure.' idiom!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    There's little upside to White's game. Abby may show the same limited upside, but we don't know what we have in him yet. I'm guessing TT could care less what color skin Abby and White have. White was signed to the Giants practice squad.
    D'oh! Missed this part...and disproved my own take.

http://www.doorcountydailynews.com/s...4#.VfD0vxFViko

What a great story! White even gets jersey #89. Jones and White will be followed and compared to see who got the better of this shuffle.

Will be interesting to see if Abby proves to be an upgrade over White as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    http://www.doorcountydailynews.com/s...4#.VfD0vxFViko

What a great story! White even gets jersey #89. Jones and White will be followed and compared to see who got the better of this shuffle.

Will be interesting to see if Abby proves to be an upgrade over White as well.
    White wanted Ted to give him active duty pay on the PS? No wonder we let him go.