i want to talk about this, and i'd really like someone to tell be i'm nuts on this observation just like some of my others

or else our o-line coach is a fucking moron

WHY........

do both of our tackles immediately retreat when the ball is snapped? they move back 2-4 steps before they even try to make contact with the defense. this causes 2 problems that come to mind

1. it gives DE's or OLb a nice head of steam before they get to the tackle. why not try and jam them at the line and try to slow them down? why not try and hold your ground? we are collapsing the pocket on our own QB before the defenders even do anything

2. it leaves massive holes for blitzers to fly through. on the one play yesterday, we sent the house. none of them got past the line of scrimmage because the o-line stood their ground, and there were no holes for the blitzers. now when both our tackles stand up and start moving backwards right away, it spreads out out line and leaves big gaps in between the tackles and guards, the guards then fall back so the holes aren't so big, and that leaves bigger gaps between the guards and center

and no, these are not just things that have been happening the last few weeks, they have at least been happening all this season, if not longer

am i just seeing things again, or is this a real thing?