THURSDAY, April 13, 2006, 5:08 p.m.
By Bob Wolfley

Driver says Packers should let Walker go
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver said the team should let Packers receiver Javon Walker go, given the bad feelings Walker has about the organization.

Walker, who is under contract with the Packers, has said he will not play again for Green Bay.

"Right now, Javon, what he's telling everyone is that he wants out," Driver told radio station WAUK-AM (1510) on Thursday morning. "I would love to have him he knows I love him dearly. But if he wants out, the best thing to do is just let him go. Go where he's going to go, somewhere else and be happy."

Driver said Walker is unhappy because he has been unable to get a new contract with the Packers.

"I think Javon feels he's made plays he felt he had the great year and felt he wanted to be a Green Bay Packer the rest of his career," Driver said. "I guess he wanted that new contract, but the Packers felt like they wanted to see a little bit more in him. And Javon, after that, felt like he wasn't going to go out and play for a team that didn't respect him, or didn't feel like they had to compensate him well."

Driver said Brett Favre is not hurting the team by not having made up his mind to retire or play another season.

"I think when a guy has made a legacy in an organization, you give him the time to make that decision," Driver said.

Driver said he wants Favre to return to play.

"Right now, I am hoping Brett comes back," Driver said. "I am trying not to look at Aaron Rodgers being my quarterback right now."

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch...3/2006&id=4810