Thread: Why does everyone refer to a Jones drop in the endzone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why does everyone refer to a Jones drop in the endzone?

The replays of the third down pass to Jones clearly showed that Tracy Porter got his hand in and raked the ball away before Jones was able to catch it. Is that a drop? It was a very good play by Porter, but the throw was up at Jones head and probably late. Jones actually beat Porter, turning him completely around. An earlier throw would have been there. Even when he threw it, if Rodgers delivered further out or further down, it is doubtful Porter could have gotten to it. He put it in almost the only area Porter could get to other than inside.

After watching it several times over, I can't really blame Jones a lot on that one.

It also looks like if Rodgers was really throwing to Cobb on 4th down, it would have been well behind him.

Rodgers was high on a lot of throws in that game, and not real precise on others.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    No doubt Rodgers is struggling. Better passes win that game. And it was rainy and wet. And passes had already been dropped. All the more reason it's baffling that they didn't try a run or two inside the 10. Or on other run heavy successful drives earlier in the game. Especially against a team that is truly awful versus the run. Just amazing.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

All that being said, Jones could have caught that ball. But it was not a drop.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Rodgers was high on a lot of throws in that game
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

I thought the same thing when it happened - a throw another foot to the right would've been impossible for Porter to get to. Not the most accurate throw, but if Jones had put both hands out like he usually does, instead of waiting for the ball to come in, he might've been able to catch it. But it was not the best throw.

And while I could not catch a Rodgers fastball, I thought Davante Adams was supposed to be able to do that. The ball was wet, sure, but Chicago receivers didn't have the drops the Packer receivers did.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    And while I could not catch a Rodgers fastball, I thought Davante Adams was supposed to be able to do that. The ball was wet, sure, but Chicago receivers didn't have the drops the Packer receivers did.
    According to Stubby, they are doing ball drills all week: Balls here, balls there, balls everywhere. What they need are more balls on the field (and kept OFF the field).

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    According to Stubby, they are doing ball drills all week: Balls here, balls there, balls everywhere. What they need are more balls on the field (and kept OFF the field).
    Are they suckin' dick or catching footballs? I'm confused.

Maybe this is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by channtheman View Post
    Are they suckin' dick or catching footballs?
    Why choose? These activities are not mutually exclusive. James Jones has proven that.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Teabaggin' at practice?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

i've noticed that on a lot of a-rods passes lately

the pinpoint accuracy is not there, or if it is there, he's not throwing it to the ideal spot where only his receivers can get it

he himself has been playing pretty shitty, kind of a dick move for him to then call out others for their preparations, when he is just as much to blame as the rest of them

how many times in the last month have we seen him overthrow guys by about 5 feet? and compare that to how many times we've seen him do that over his career

a-rods accuracy is gone, the question is, why?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i've noticed that on a lot of a-rods passes lately

the pinpoint accuracy is not there, or if it is there, he's not throwing it to the ideal spot where only his receivers can get it

he himself has been playing pretty shitty, kind of a dick move for him to then call out others for their preparations, when he is just as much to blame as the rest of them

how many times in the last month have we seen him overthrow guys by about 5 feet? and compare that to how many times we've seen him do that over his career

a-rods accuracy is gone, the question is, why?
    Can you be sure the receiver is where they should be?

The rest of it, I believe, is because of the banged up shoulder.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Can you be sure the receiver is where they should be?

The rest of it, I believe, is because of the banged up shoulder.
    we've seen it on deep passes where our guy has their guy beat and is sprinting 30 yards down the field

nothing the receiver can do different there

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    It also looks like if Rodgers was really throwing to Cobb on 4th down, it would have been well behind him.
    I thought the same thing
    Go PACK

They are sucking dick at catching footballs.

KYPack