Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vernon Davis

Vernon Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5g7...vernon%20davis

I just showed this footage to my wife...She was like "Is this real? He is so hyper. His adrenaline is so high, he's a big unstoppable horse. This isn't real is it?"

I was like "it is real and yes he is the only person alive who can do that."

I just wanted to rehash an old topic fellas. I love Vernon Davis. I believe in defense first but this guy is truely special.

I seriously think, if we stay at #5 we take AJ, and then if he's still there i suppose Mario...if we move down, and of course it all depends on what happens, but if we move down a few spots we take Vernon. But #5, AJ is my pick. if say #7 and SF doesn't take him, Vernon is our guy. if we trade down to like a 9 or 10...i really have no idea what direction they go...Jimmy Williams??
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

I just can't see taking a TE at #5. Maybe around #10.

We would really be using Vernon as a H back or a WR cause Bubba "fits" what McCarthy does to a T. I am really looking forward to seeing what bubba can do in this offense, especially since he is sucha good blocker.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Davis is not a TE IMO. He playes TE but he has the explosive ability of a WR.

Bubba will be what he is; A great blocker and red zone defender. Davis will basically be a dual threat run block/pass catch TE who streches the field like no other TE in NFL history.

There has never been a TE like Vernon Davis so its not really fair IMO to say you shouldn't draft Davis based on his position.

Watch the game tape. He's dominate.

? HOFer
    Except scouts say he is a terrible blocker and downright refuses to.

You're getting giddy over his 40 time. Anyone who has a chance to make 10 million dollars can train for 3 months hardcore and dedicate themselves to getting the fastest 40 time imaginable.

He played in a weak football conference on a bad team. He only started two years too, and only really played well in one.

I remember another receiver who was super highly touted coming into the draft. He went #2 overall. He will probably be out of football next year.

This dude is....
    overrated *clap clap; clap clap clap*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickCollins
    Davis is not a TE IMO. He playes TE but he has the explosive ability of a WR.

Bubba will be what he is; A great blocker and red zone defender. Davis will basically be a dual threat run block/pass catch TE who streches the field like no other TE in NFL history.

There has never been a TE like Vernon Davis so its not really fair IMO to say you shouldn't draft Davis based on his position.

Watch the game tape. He's dominate.
    NICK

GREAT VIDEO; CAN I REQUEST A POSTING OF THE AJ HAWK VIDEO ??
    I'm guessing there must be one as well.

I didn't know a ton about Davis until I saw him compete in that college all star competition. Chad Jackson was the best WR, but Vernon Davis was clearly the best RECEIVER and he as the only TE playing against WR's. Barring injury I feel he will be a dominating TE for many years to come.

I've said all along Hawk is my choice and I do think TT will take him if he stays at 5. I don't think Vernon Davis will last past pick #6 since I think San Fran will also be heavily scouting who they like more between Hawk and Davis.

If GB does not end up with Hawk, Davis, or Mario Williams, I'll be very disappointed.

Blog Entries
    Partial,

Like you, AJ Hawk is my guy. Many will call me insane, but the only guy I'd clearly take over him is Reggie Bush. Then if Leinart slips I suppose I'd consider him to.

But I'd take Hawk over D Ferguson, Vince Young, Vernon Davis, and Mario Williams.

But if Hawk is not there for us I do think Davis will be a very good to great player. I haven't read about his inability to block, but the guy is very strong.

The A.J. Video was not nearly as impressive as the Vernon Davis video. I love A.J. Hawk as a player but Davis is just better.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCollins
    The A.J. Video was not nearly as impressive as the Vernon Davis video. I love A.J. Hawk as a player but Davis is just better.
    Aaron Rodgers should hope we pick up Davis, AROD will be a 10x better quarterback with him.

Yup,

I have a feeling that T.T. keeps telling Brett to wait because he knows he's going to piss his pants in happyness on draft day.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Hawk < Davis < Huff

Be wise, draft Huff.

Williams is the second best player in this draft. He does carry some risk but his ceiling is truely unlimited. Hopefully the Saints trade out of 2 or pick Liny.

Huff < Davis < Williams < Hawk

Davis would be interesting in a Packer uniform if Mario is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    GREAT VIDEO; CAN I REQUEST A POSTING OF THE AJ HAWK VIDEO ??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6O8kZ8LrDk&search=a.j.%20Hawk[/url]

The Press Gazette has 2 articles on Vernon Davis today.

The GBPG writer thinks a clue that the Packers might take Davis with the #5 pick is they've drafted TE's early in the 1st round before.

For example, in 1957 they drafted Ron Kramer with the #4 pick.

They only had to go back to 1957 to find someone?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    [quote="Partial"]Except scouts say he is a terrible blocker and downright refuses to.

You're getting giddy over his 40 time. Anyone who has a chance to make 10 million dollars can train for 3 months hardcore and dedicate themselves to getting the fastest 40 time imaginable.

He played in a weak football conference on a bad team. He only started two years too, and only really played well in one.

(Snip of the goofy claps)

Iquote]

No, there Partial.

Scouts DON'T say he can't block.

The reason?

The guy is a devastating blocker. The scouts say he is an "old school blocker", a destroyer, a decleater. One of the best blocking tight ends in the last few years. Like when he destroyed Mario Williams after Williams had a stellar first half against Maryland.

In fact, there isn't one thing correct about your entire post.

At least ya spelled "clap" right.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    They only had to go back to 1957 to find someone?
    Hi Ziggy,

Yes, 1957. I thought it was stretching it a bit to think that would influence the Packers drafting logic 49 years later. Or, that "The Packers draft TE's early all the time".