Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Redskins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Studs And Duds - Packers vs. Redskins

Studs

Aaron Rodgers - Not his best day, but was victimized by drops and poor OL play.

Aaron Jones - 6 carries for 42 yards. Needs to get the ball more.

Duds

Offensive Line - Too much pressure. Too many penalties.

Kentrell Brice - Turned what should have been an interception into a Washington TD. Then had a missed tackle that probably led to an end to Wilkerson's season.

Lance Kendricks - Packers were on the verge of getting back in the game if he catches the ball.

Randall Cobb - Drops.

Punt return team - Stop with the penalties please.

Throw Stubby right in the mix...that team was unprepared and failed to adjust. Tough loss today.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Dud - The roughing the passer bullshit. It didn't lose the game, I'm just tired of the league gaslighting us about it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Dud - The roughing the passer bullshit. It didn't lose the game, I'm just tired of the league gaslighting us about it.
    Gaslighting - perfect term - there is no way CMIII is not questioning himself now. First thing he did after the sack was look to the ref to see if there was a flag. He's got to be questioning his every more at this point.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Gaslighting - perfect term - there is no way CMIII is not questioning himself now. First thing he did after the sack was look to the ref to see if there was a flag. He's got to be questioning his every more at this point.
    He's a marked man no doubt. I think it goes all the way back to the boneheaded flag for dragging Kapercrap out of bounds a few years back.

Bottom line the new rule is, if it looks viscous its a penalty and no other parameter need be met.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He's a marked man no doubt. I think it goes all the way back to the boneheaded flag for dragging Kapercrap out of bounds a few years back.

Bottom line the new rule is, if it looks viscous its a penalty and no other parameter need be met.

But that's not the bottom line. The last two weeks the hits Clay has been flagged on have not looked even a little vicious. They have looked like football, which evidently the NFL is not in the business of anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

Unfortunately the Refs can't even keep it that simple. Aaron got half-suplexed on his head, at much nastier looking hit. No flag. I have seen a lot of football this year, it's been all over the place. There have been multiple plays identical or worse than the 2 Clay hits not flagged at all. It's one thing to pussify the sport, but make it fair.

The defense doesn't look a whole lot better than last year. Pettine had no answers.
    Gave AP 120 yards rushing.
    The secondary looks lost against another competent QB.
    Our safeties specifically do not provide much.

I didn't think the offense played well either.
    Don;t understand MM's game plan and playcalling.
    Rodgers was not that great. The OL was porous. WR's/TE's didn't respond well to the weather.

What a crappy game! I really don't know where this team is headed now.

To be specific on O: DUds: Bulaga, Spriggs, Cobb, Kendricks played poorly. I guess I would put Rodgers on the Studs since he was the only reason we had a chance today.
    On defense: Duds: Brice, Dix, LB's/DL in general. No studs.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 09-23-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Duds- Rodgers, sure he is gutting it out but was inaccurate much of the game. Stubby- Yet again fails to adjust, unprepared. I think he goes into games hoping his game plan will fool the other team and/or they will be mesmerized by AR. The NFL for their lack of clarity. So just how is Clay to avoid a penalty in that situation? If they are going to call it. They HAVE to have a solution. Stubby again. Once that horseshit call on Clay was called. Nothing short of causing a big enough scene to get ejected is sufficient there. Stubby for avoiding the run but calling those stupid ass worthless behind the LOS passes.

Studs- Rodgers for gutting it out hurt. Clay for picking up his game even if the league is against him.

Wow. Could be Stubby's last year coaching this team. They look entirely uninspired - much like his hiring of Pettine.

I would wonder aloud if maybe Tex was right about Capers, but in fact this defense looks an awful, awful lot like last year's - they both suck.

I think MM has outlived his time in GB. Patler has talked about coaches having only about ten years before it all gets stale, with Belicheat being the exception.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wow. Could be Stubby's last year coaching this team. They look entirely uninspired - much like his hiring of Pettine.

I would wonder aloud if maybe Tex was right about Capers, but in fact this defense looks an awful, awful lot like last year's - they both suck.

I think MM has outlived his time in GB. Patler has talked about coaches having only about ten years before it all gets stale, with Belicheat being the exception.

JUST TEX ???

Capers was Average. He was never the problem; everybody just bought into Wisty who spent year after year hammering Dom Capers when in reality the majority of the faults were with ThanksTed

Ted's subpar drafts on defense and lack of other actions in building up the defense has left them devoid of playmakers on that side of the ball.

HOW MANY SACKS DID BOTH TEAMS HAVE ?

Green Bay, who in general had a healthy offensive line today...well until Bulaga got hurt, and was replaced by ThanksTed's shitty second round pick from a couple years ago, gave up 4.

Washington, whose offensive line has been absolutely decimated with injuries, statistically gave up ZERO sacks.....however...we all KNOW they gave up ONE sack.

HMMMMMMMMM......I don't think backup OL are superstars; what does that tell you about us ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think a big part of the issues Pettine has are the cupboard is bare. I like Gute's draft, but TT missed on so many defensive players the last 3 years, that we can't fill all the holes. I think the defensive scheme is better, but there are not enough talented players to fill all the holes.

I'm on the fence on MM. The head coach is ultimately responsible for the team performance, but I think we knew there would be some growing pains 3 games into the season, and the AR injury has not helped. The slow starts are very troubling especially on offense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    I think a big part of the issues Pettine has are the cupboard is bare. I like Gute's draft, but TT missed on so many defensive players the last 3 years, that we can't fill all the holes. I think the defensive scheme is better, but there are not enough talented players to fill all the holes.

I'm on the fence on MM. The head coach is ultimately responsible for the team performance, but I think we knew there would be some growing pains 3 games into the season, and the AR injury has not helped....AGREE ON THIS POINT AS WELL....

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

I'm on the fence on MM. The head coach is ultimately responsible for the team performance, but I think we knew there would be some growing pains 3 games into the season, and the AR injury has not helped. The slow starts are very troubling especially on offense.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head with your first point.

I'm not sure what to think about MM. How can you tell if the playcalling sucks when they don't execute? The drops were big drive killers. We should have used Aaron Jones more but we don't know how many times AR is changing the plays before the snap.

the problem is not only drafting sub par defensive player, but then compounding the problem by not only keeping those picks, but in some cases, paying those picks big coin (looking at you guys mathews, perry and daniels)

Well the solution to drafting late and drafting poor is upon them with a Top 15 pick again at this rate. Washington stocked their D line with 3 high draft picks. Packers can pick up another one and a safety in 2019.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I thought our overall talent level was slightly below average, but I'm beginning to think it might be worse than that.

We have too many guys making too much $$ but not playing to it, and too many guys that don't belong in the league at all. Add to that stubby's stale offense and you have a sub-500 team.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    I thought our overall talent level was slightly below average, but I'm beginning to think it might be worse than that.

We have too many guys making too much $$ but not playing to it, and too many guys that don't belong in the league at all. Add to that stubby's stale offense and you have a sub-500 team.

Last year you blamed Dom
    This year you blame daStub

But who is this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Last year you blamed Dom
    This year you blame daStub

But who is this ?
    Well, we're not winning, so something(s) is wrong. Just have to identify the problem.

I'm willing to look past the Redskin game and look at the big picture... Pettine needs to figure out how to hide our weaknesses, which are many.

We're completely dead at LB... every LB on the roster is a below avg player.
    wist

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Well, we're not winning, so something(s) is wrong. Just have to identify the problem.

I'm willing to look past the Redskin game and look at the big picture... Pettine needs to figure out how to hide our weaknesses, which are many.

We're completely dead at LB... every LB on the roster is a below avg player.
    I would like to see one guy who can consistently win one on one. That Alex Smith bomb reminded me of the Packers game from a couple of years ago when Washington whipped the Packers and kept bombing it. If I know I can get your team blocked and there is no pressure and that the safety help is not helping, why wouldn't you keep pressing the issue. I'm surprised they didn't do more.

The Redskins only scored 3 in the second half, but I think they were trying to run out the clock with an 18 point lead; counting possessions. I don't really care about sacks, and at this point, they just seem like penalties waiting to happen. I want the front seven to be able to make the QB move off his spot. That didn't happen often enough.

I get that other teams had to suck and have high draft picks to solve their woes, but some teams seem to be able to fix their problems faster than the Packers are able to. Why is that?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan