Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Patriots Week Discussion

Official Patriots Week Discussion

Silverstein thinks the moves needed to be made and then makes only one good case that they help.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ls/1821324002/

Dix clearly understood the Packers weren't ready to reward him with a new deal. He was a year away from getting that deal at best and he clearly wasn't willing to ball out like Shields or Cobb were to secure the deal. It makes some sense from a self preservation standpoint, but you probably don't want to publicly admit it as Dix did. He backed the Packers into a corner.

But there is no question the Packers don't seem ready to improve with Dix being gone. Whitehead couldn't beat him out. Tramontana isn't a safety and neither is Breeland. No one near the team expects Jones to be elevated to starter.

Maybe the locker room is a vipers pit this year? But it doesn't seem like addition by subtraction. Seems like building for the future. Not sure you beat the Patriots or Vikings just by clearing the team focus.

The beat guys seemed convinced that Silver's player sources were vets, not bench guys. Wilde knows and likes Silver and is convinced its not a contrived story. In this case, it might be addition by subtraction. Even if Monty is not viewed as a me first player, his departure removes that topic from discussion. And it clearly puts Aaron Jones in line for more work. Which I think is a message from the GM to the coach.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Jackson probably could play safety, but would need some seasoning first. I get the impression he's not quite ready mentally.

But J'xander is a very good corner. He looks every bit as good as Shields at Shield's best - already. Maybe even better.

I've watched the Rams 3-4 times and haven't seen Cook managed quite so well. J'xan looks like a seasoned Belicheat defensive back - knows how to hold on every play if necessary!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Jackson probably could play safety, but would need some seasoning first. I get the impression he's not quite ready mentally.

But J'xander is a very good corner. He looks every bit as good as Shields at Shield's best - already. Maybe even better.

I've watched the Rams 3-4 times and haven't seen Cook managed quite so well. J'xan looks like a seasoned Belicheat defensive back - knows how to hold on every play if necessary!
    Action Jackson looked fine and dandy at corner while Alexander rested his groin. Trust me, as a shutdown corner in high school, I know something about groin injuries - it sucks; had to wait 3 weeks for it to heal before my hot English teach and I could resume amorous relations.

Point is, T-Will is certainly over the hill. Dude is allowing at least 2 big plays a game. Doesn’t matter a fuck that he’s a highly respected vet of NFL wars. Either move Williams to FS or bench him.

Play Action Jackson. At corner. Jax is a sloth, but he ain’t an abomination of Mr. Hyde proportions, I’m telling y’all.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Joe Ostrowski

Verified account

@JoeO670
    Follow Follow @JoeO670
    More
    NFL Net Yards Per Play:
    1. LAC +1.1
    2. LAR +0.9
    3. PIT +0.8
    4. GB +0.7
    5. HOU, KC +0.6
    7. BAL +0.5
    8. BEARS, JAX +0.4
    10. TB +0.3
    11. DAL, SEA +0.2
    13. CAR, MIN +0.1
    15. DEN, NO, WAS 0
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think the Rams are much better than NE right now. If we play like we did in LA without turning the ball over I like our chances.

Eliminate turnovers on the road and you have a chance. Exactly as it was in LA until the 57:52 mark in the game.

if they play at least as good as they did last week they could win this. Rodgers needs to be better! Scott needs to be better! that said i expect a close loss. it's on the road. there's added uncertainty at safety. Gronk/Edelman eat teams alive. hope i'm wrong...but the Packers have found amazing ways to lose games this year.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    if they play at least as good as they did last week they could win this. Rodgers needs to be better! Scott needs to be better! that said i expect a close loss. it's on the road. there's added uncertainty at safety. Gronk/Edelman eat teams alive. hope i'm wrong...but the Packers have found amazing ways to lose games this year.
    We have found amazing ways to win, lose and tie games this year.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Eliminate turnovers on the road and you have a chance. Exactly as it was in LA until the 57:52 mark in the game.
    What happened then?

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers CB Tramon Williams said he will play safety Sunday against the #Patriots. He said he might play some corner too, but he is making the switch at the request of Mike Pettine.

Quite a role of the dice.

I suspect this means Action Jackson will play. I hope he takes Edelman's head off.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So you put King on Gordon, Alexander on Edelman, and Jackson on Hogan. Tramon works with Brice/Whitehead? Burks on Gronk with Tramon helping?

I would not switch Josh Jackson to S. He's a CB and should stay there this year. I think it's too hard for a rookie to learn a new position on the fly...he's probably just barely got CB figured out in Pettine's scheme.

You're better off putting Tramon or Breeland there if you're strapped for a S -- and they are. Those guys have at least been around the block. Playing S and CB are different animals though -- different responsibilities, different angles, keys, etc.

i'll be interested to see how the team look this week

gutey didn't improve the team at all by getting rid of our by far best safety, and really didn't get much in return

so how does the team take it when we get worse in preparation for a playoff push?

anyone else hear about brady taking a shot at fat mike and his horse shit offense this week? he said if rodgers was on the patriots he would be throwing for 7000 yards a season

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-brady-t...133902363.html

Have the Green Bay Packers put enough talent around him? Has the coaching staff, with a basic offense that doesn’t impress anyone, gotten the most out of their all-world quarterback?
    something that some of us have been saying for awhile. our head coach his holding back our GOAT QB

I want to see a lot of those jail-break blitzes against the immobile Brady.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I would not switch Josh Jackson to S. He's a CB and should stay there this year. I think it's too hard for a rookie to learn a new position on the fly...he's probably just barely got CB figured out in Pettine's scheme.

You're better off putting Tramon or Breeland there if you're strapped for a S -- and they are. Those guys have at least been around the block. Playing S and CB are different animals though -- different responsibilities, different angles, keys, etc.
    jackson has looked too damn good at CB to screw him up by moving him to safety

is the reason we aren't hearing much about him because he's shutting guys down? you don't really hear his name called, not even for making mistakes or blowing coverage

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    So you put King on Gordon, Alexander on Edelman, and Jackson on Hogan. Tramon works with Brice/Whitehead? Burks on Gronk with Tramon helping?
    I don't care about the matchup, I am just rooting for the taunting, jawing, red ass Edelman to be carted off the field for a couple of plays.

Or I would settle for his bell being rung and him lining up with the defense for a play.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I want to see a lot of those jail-break blitzes against the immobile Brady.
    You gotta get there first.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    jackson has looked too damn good at CB to screw him up by moving him to safety

is the reason we aren't hearing much about him because he's shutting guys down? you don't really hear his name called, not even for making mistakes or blowing coverage
    He's not starting and he seems to be #4 CB. He has been the 3rd, but its been injury related. I think people are ignoring him but he's clearly not getting toasted regularly (though he does collect penalties). Starting, it was Tramontana and King (Bears), then Tramontana and Jaire (Vikes and Redskins), then Tramontana and Jackson (Bills), the Tramontana and King (Lions, 49ers, Rams).

He's been the 3rd highest snap count CB 5 times, but appears to be the #4 CB. Alexander seems like the clear #3.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You gotta get there first.

The Patriots are about the same as the Rams, and I doubt Brady will be as good at escaping as Goff.

Where are the Packers on that list? It seems like we get more early pressure than just about anybody with our sad sack O Line.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

Where are the Packers on that list? It seems like we get more early pressure than just about anybody with our sad sack O Line.
    Actually, I think you're the only one who really thinks that.