Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Would You Have Picked Instead?

Who Would You Have Picked Instead?

Every year we go through this, saying we never wanted a certain player because we knew someone else was better in the draft.

Now's the chance to put it down for posterity.

Fritz, you can go first.

Instead of Gary at 12, you would have picked who?

Edit: any pick, any round
    Last edited by Smidgeon; 04-29-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

given who was left Dillard

I would have wanted Dillard since Jonah Williams went at 11. I really wanted a trade down to 17 or so.

I'm okay with Gary, but at the time I would have went with Wilkins or Dillard. Probably Wilkins.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

In the preference poll we did before the draft http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ey-Draft-At-12, Devin Bush, who turned out not to be available, was the favorite. Followed by Dillard and Burns. Nobody picked Gary.

almost anyone

he was on my DO NOT DRAFT LIST

then on top of it, he has a bum shoulder, that you know will cost him most of next year somehow

hope i'm wrong, but the guy screams bust

After i dug deeper into Gary, I’m gonna stick with the packers pick and say I’m happy with the pick.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    almost anyone

he was on my DO NOT DRAFT LIST

then on top of it, he has a bum shoulder, that you know will cost him most of next year somehow

hope i'm wrong, but the guy screams bust

Red, no kool aide for you ? Go listen to Gooty talk, then listen to this theme song 12 times, and maybe you'll change your mind and become the definition of the show name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEOeTX1LqM
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    1. Trade down for sure and then Dillard
    2. If I could not get a think then Dillard as top pick and Wilkins as next pick
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In the preference poll we did before the draft http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...ey-Draft-At-12, Devin Bush, who turned out not to be available, was the favorite. Followed by Dillard and Burns. Nobody picked Gary.

"Before" the pick occurred, I'd bet nearly all would have preferred Burns and Dillard.

I'm not sure anybody preferred Gary

Gooter talks a good game; I give him that He sold the pick hard in the presser and he did a great job with it

But I have no new info now and I'm not flipping into the Kool Aide bowl because the Packers took him

I hope he's a 10 time Pro Bowler and I'm wrong and he finally lives up to his ability.........unlike his production in college.

I would have taken Gary over Burns for Pettine's system.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I would have taken Gary over Burns for Pettine's system.
    Burns too small to play on outside ??

I'm satisfied with Gary, but what I was saying before the draft is if neither Devin is there at #12, get an O Lineman. Jonah Williams woulda been the best, but he was gone too. There were two or three I would have taken over Dillard: Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, maybe Risner or Lindstrom.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Burns too small to play on outside ??
    In our scheme probably. Most think he played in 230s last year.

I liked Burns. He put on weight for the combine and didn't lose any speed/agility. His pass rush moves are advanced for a college kid, and he can really bend around the corner.

If Gary is a better fit in Pettine's D, and Pettine & Co. can pull some of that potential out of him then the pick looks a lot better. If nothing else, they could put him at gunner and he'd be hell to block. (Plus it'd get Josh "illegal use of the hands" Jones off the punt team.)

I'd also probably have sat tight at 30 and if no good trade offers came in would have taken a OT like Risner or Ford, or maybe even Jawaan Taylor if the knee checked out. R2 probably would've been best available safety.

According to Gute, he had info that Savage wouldn't have made it to 30, I suspect OAK wanted him and took Abram instead.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I would have traded the pick for 16 seventh round selections
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Burns went up to 250 for the combine, but said in a radio interview that he was back in the 230s before the draft. He may have trouble keeping the weight on.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Burns went up to 250 for the combine, but said in a radio interview that he was back in the 230s before the draft. He may have trouble keeping the weight on.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    ted?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    LOL I wonder if this could even be possible -- to trade down until you had a bajillion picks. The #12 pick is worth about 1200 points according to the draft chart I'm looking at. Considering R7 picks are worth between 1 and 5 points each, I'd say if it were possible to get equal value it would probably be all of Round 6 and 7. That would truly be a Ted move -- to draft the entire senior class from SMU football team.