View Poll Results: How Will The Packers Do In The Playoffs?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lose In Divisional Round

8 32.00%
  • Win Divisional, Lose NFC Title Game

11 44.00%
  • Win NFC Title, Lose Superb Owl

2 8.00%
  • Another Lombardi Trophy!

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Will The Packers Do In The Playoffs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How Will The Packers Do In The Playoffs?

One and done? Superb Owl Champs? Somewhere In Between?

Poll To Follow.

Unless Rodgers can significantly improve his accuracy, they'll be one-and-done.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I can understand people feeling that way, but I'm not so sure. Reason is, Rodgers' accuracy is not a major reason this team won 13 games. They won 13 games because of turnover differential and red zone efficiency. If they falter in one of those areas, they may be one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I can understand people feeling that way, but I'm not so sure. Reason is, Rodgers' accuracy is not a major reason this team won 13 games. They won 13 games because of turnover differential and red zone efficiency. If they falter in one of those areas, they may be one and done.

If this team were led by a vintage Rodgers, they'd go toe-to-toe with anybody, and beat most of 'em - the defense is the best that Green Bay has had since that 2013 or 14 year - when they lost to Seattle in the NFC Championship game. The special teams is solid now, with Crosby and Scott bouncing back and Ervin on returns solidifying that part.

They have the defense. They have the special teams. They have a rising star in Aaron Jones. The offensive line, I don't care what Tex says, is solid. They have an All-Pro receiver in Davante Adams.

But their tight end corps is weak, as is the receiving corps not named Adams or Lazard.

But the biggest problem will be Rodgers's accuracy. Green Bay cannot beat a playoff-caliber team if Rodgers can't get his accuracy back for the playoffs. Teams with quarterbacks like Brees and Wilson will overwhelm the Packers if Rodgers can't play better than he has lately. The defense can only hold up for so long against guys like those two.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

If this team were led by a vintage Rodgers, they'd go toe-to-toe with anybody, and beat most of 'em - the defense is the best that Green Bay has had since that 2013 or 14 year - when they lost to Seattle in the NFC Championship game. The special teams is solid now, with Crosby and Scott bouncing back and Ervin on returns solidifying that part.

They have the defense. They have the special teams. They have a rising star in Aaron Jones. The offensive line, I don't care what Tex says, is solid. They have an All-Pro receiver in Davante Adams.

But their tight end corps is weak, as is the receiving corps not named Adams or Lazard.

But the biggest problem will be Rodgers's accuracy. Green Bay cannot beat a playoff-caliber team if Rodgers can't get his accuracy back for the playoffs. Teams with quarterbacks like Brees and Wilson will overwhelm the Packers if Rodgers can't play better than he has lately. The defense can only hold up for so long against guys like those two.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    This.
    +1

Agreed! It’s in Rodgers hands.

Yeah, we're one and done.

We're gonna draw NO in the 2nd rd... NO is a very good, very experienced team.

Lefleur made some stupid mistakes in the Lions game, so he has some learning to do; Rodgers is a shell of his former self physically, and who knows what the fuck he's looking at while in the pocket; the defense is much improved, but very Jekyl and Hyde...

Brees and co will roll us pretty easily I think.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    Yeah, we're one and done.

We're gonna draw NO in the 2nd rd... NO is a very good, very experienced team.

Lefleur made some stupid mistakes in the Lions game, so he has some learning to do; Rodgers is a shell of his former self physically, and who knows what the fuck he's looking at while in the pocket; the defense is much improved, but very Jekyl and Hyde...

Brees and co will roll us pretty easily I think.
    Keep in mind Brees and Sean Payton are 7-1 in the dome in the playoffs, 1-5 elsewhere. They're just not the same in the cold.

I'm gonna withhold my vote for now. I'm reasonably sure we win in the division round, but I can't bring myself to predict either losing or winning against the Niners - ditto that against the Ravens if in fact when we play either of them.

I say again, New Orleans is overrated. I'd be more confident against them than the Vikings a third time.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Joe, you shouldn't have closed the vote before we even know who we play first.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Joe, you shouldn't have closed the vote before we even know who we play first.
    Poll is still open.

I'm pessimistic because anything older than about three days is a blur.

The offense has been just- missing opportunities for weeks now. I'm as pissed as anyone in the number of shot plays Rodgers took Sunday but if they can hit on 2/3 of those per game I still think they can beat any of the NFC teams. Brees and the Saints are gonna look a lot different in 20 degree weather.
    Go PACK

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    All the way baby!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

SF almost lost to a team with street pickup RBs.
    C.H.U.D.

With New Orleans I always expect 8-0 at home, 4-4 on the road. To me, that means they're beatable in the cold. I voted but if I could retract it, I would. I think they win the first game. We'll see how everyone looks this the next two weeks and go from there.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First game gets everyone’s hopes up. Second game leaves us all crushed after they get oh so close.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    First game gets everyone’s hopes up. Second game leaves us all crushed after they get oh so close.
    It’s the embarrassing dismantling game like the San Fran 9ers one that scares the bejayzuz out of me. I think I could stomach a close loss much-much easier.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Packers over Saints

Packers over Seagulls

Packers over Patriots

GOAT retires after SB. Unretires in July. Signs with J-Mac-led Giants.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.