Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ Dillon injury

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AJ Dillon injury

Any news on the severity of Dillon's injury?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

MLF doesn't talk about injuries much. Probably won't know much until after practice on Wednesday.

More importantly, what about Crosby?

Blog Entries
    It's a quad injury.

There is some scuttlebut that it's minor.

Real info will come out as Joe says.

Mase? I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    More importantly, what about Crosby?
    Forgot about Crosby's shoulder injury! Pretty bush to cream a kicker like that on a broken play. Crosby continued to handle kicking duties but his kick off seemed a little short, no touch backs in the 2nd half. Don't know if he was hurting or that was elements.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Mase looked like he bruised/sprained his AC joint.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Mase looked like he bruised/sprained his AC joint.
    Not being a wise ass, but the injury is to his non - kicking side shoulder?

I suppose total body balance is key to an NFL Place Kicker, but can't he just take a needle and get on with it?

If anything, I would expect the left shoulder to be more important for a right-footed kicker. That's the arm that drives counter-balance to help generate the kicking force.

He made a couple of kicks and kicked it off out of the end zone, I think, after the injury. The problem, as I see it, would be if coverage fell apart on a kick off, and the old guy needed to make a tackle.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Doesnt hurt us at all. Williams and Jones are fresh. Two games left with a bye and 8 days rest this week. As long as it's not severe, all that matters is that his young career doesn't get derailed with a bad offseason.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

For being such a big guy, Dillon seems kinda fragile. If the money was the same, I'd take Jamal Williams over him - but of course, it isn't. Neither or even both of them is adequate to replace Aaron Jones.

I like him long term. This year he's a rookie and rookies suck
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I like him long term. This year he's a rookie and rookies suck

Long term IMO Dillon is going be be really really good; him and Jones are a wonderful combo
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Long term IMO Dillon is going be be really really good; him and Jones are a wonderful combo
    Too bad Jones is gone after this year.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I know you love Jones. But we’ve had success w/ young/cheap backs for years. There are only a few elite/highly paid RBs.

As much as I’d love to see Jones next year - I’m wondering how much it’s Jones vs OL/Scheme. Hope he lands in AFC either way.

Williams/Dillon is still a scary good backfield.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Quad injury, sound like MLF is cautiously optimistic he'll play. They'll know more on Wed and probably bring him along carefully.
    I doubt he's fragile; he basically WAS the Boston College offense.
    I'm a little wary of calling him fragile or injury-prone just yet --- you don't log almost 850 rushes in 3 years into mostly loaded boxes by being fragile.

Denver always had great backs and a solid running game. Niners continue to just plug in guys with great success. Monstert was a career journey man. I agree Jones is very good but I doubt he is worth the fat paycheck given the economic realties of the game.

Shanahan always had success with his backs. Why would it be different for Lafluer. Plus look at our oline and qb

For the umpteenth time, Aaron Jones damn well better not be gone after this year, and Jamal Williams and Dillon without Jones would be basically mediocre. Our O Line is what it is/has had the success it has had mostly because of the excellence of Aaron - both of them.

Denver always had great backs and a solid running game. Niners continue to just plug in guys with great success. Monstert was a career journey man. I agree Jones is very good but I doubt he is worth the fat paycheck given the economic realties of the game.
    Agree.

I think Jones is an important part of the offense and a playmaker, but I don't think he's irreplacable.
    Signing a RB to a huge 2nd contract is highly questionable. Jones is on a pitch count, it's not like he's Derrick Henry or Zeke; I have trouble paying $15M for that player.
    If Jones walks, they will need a speed back. Williams is also a FA and is solid. Dillon can be good in a committee. I just think they need a shiftier back than those two.

There is mutual interest to get a deal done, so who knows.