Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs. Football Team

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

More Banjo - Packers vs. Football Team

Rodgers 274 yards, 3TD's, 127.6 rating.

Tonyan had best game of year 63 yards and a TD.

Campbell 13 tackles.

Gary 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 4 QB hits, constant pressure.

Keke 1.5 sacks

Lowry Half a sack, FR, FF.

Packers never really tried to establish running game with 35 passes and 15 runs.

Defense with 3 redzone stops.

Probably Gary's best game ever
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Kind of a comfortable win, which is nice because the O-line did not play very well.

Only caught snippets of the game on RedZone.

It seemed that every time it cut to the Packer's D, Gary was making a play.

Like a highlight reel.

He was the man. To come up with a game like that with both Smiths out was huge, not just for today but for the future.

Posted this in the gameday thread but don't know if anyone will go back and see it

As the post-game Interview with Pam Oliver is wrapping up, Rodgers says 'love you' to Pam, she answers a little haltingly (surprised I think) with 'love you too' he squeezes her shoulder and walks away. Honestly, it was kind of a nice, warm moment between a couple of people who's crossed paths a lot and seem to have respect for each other, just unexpected on live TV.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Posted this in the gameday thread but don't know if anyone will go back and see it

As the post-game Interview with Pam Oliver is wrapping up, Rodgers says 'love you' to Pam, she answers a little haltingly (surprised I think) with 'love you too' he squeezes her shoulder and walks away. Honestly, it was kind of a nice, warm moment between a couple of people who's crossed paths a lot and seem to have respect for each other, just unexpected on live TV.
    That's kind of sweet.

Mercilus showed power and can help situationally. Hamilton and Garvin are not good pass rushers. One or both might be able to set an edge, but they're JAGs as pass rushers.

Gary is explosive on most plays and sets a good edge. He's the best they have as an outside rusher. Future is bright there.

Z is more experienced as a rusher, but I'd rather have Gary to rush and set an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Campbell 13 tackles.
    Campbell continues to look like a great aquisiiton - wonder how many of those were on Heinicke's 10 runs?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Rasul Douglas actually looks decent.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I'm not ready to pass judgement on Garvin.

He is young.

He looks slow, but that might just be the game is too fast for him atm.

I think he has some power.

See how he's playing at the end of the season.

A win is a win is a win. Not a very good game in a lot of ways.

The O Line was about what I'd expect against a good opponent's D - no holes for our RBs and a consistent pass rush. Rodgers was excellent - as expected, as just about always. A lot of attention on Davante, but Tonyan, Lazard, Lewis took advantage of it.

Our D Line was good when it counted , the red zone, but got pushed around a lot in the rest of the field. Gary damn good, and Garvin and Mercilus were decent against what apparently is a good O Line. Stokes was good except for a couple. Rasul Douglas is looking like a keeper. He and Chandon Sullivan are making us thankful that Kevin King is inactive.

This was another game that proves the extreme value of Aaron Rodgers and how screwed the Packers would be without him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Interior O-Yokozunas struggled with the both the pass and the run. Newman and Runyan made Klemm and Whitticker look like Sitton and Lang.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Didn't see the game

Dare I ask, any injuries today?

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Didn't see the game

Dare I ask, any injuries today?
    None that I know of.

Aaron Rodgers pass chart. 10 completions at or behind the line of scrimmage. Nice job of taking what the defense gives you.

That's some cool data. Thanks for posting.

Green Bay is suddenly 7th in yards/game allowed, 7th in points/game allowed, 7th in takeaways, and 7th in sacks. Tougher games ahead, but still pretty impressive considering the injuries.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Another interesting stat: Washington's OL had only given up 6 sacks in 6 games coming into this game. Packers got them for 4 sacks.

WAS's DL is no joke. Allen has been having a very good year, and Sweat was a nuisance all day. Wasn't surprised running the ball would be tough sledding, but I am surprised they didn't really stick with it. Rodgers was throwing a lot of short swing passes to Jones early and maybe that was "an extension of the running game". Seemed like they put Vaseline on one of the footballs the way it was getting fumbled. You had to expect an OL with backups to struggle against that front. Probably the most I've seen Rodgers pressured all year (I've blacked out the NO game from my mind lol).

Rasul Douglas played fine, especially for a #4 outside CB signed off another team's PS a few weeks ago. Eric Stokes is a keeper. This might turn out to be a good draft for Gute.
    Rashan Gary is top 5 in the league in QB pressures. Dude had TEN yesterday. He was a monster against an OL that is normally very good but was missing 2 starters.
    Garvin and Keke are fine; the snaps they are getting will matter. Keke is getting better.
    Defense gave up a lot of yards, but ultimately stopped WAS from scoring which is what matters I guess.

Good to see Lazard and the TEs involved in the passing game. Rodgers played good but most of the team struggled. Re: Newman, he needs to get stronger and also get more experience. Seems like he doesn't handle stunts and twists well, and he'll get that down over time. I think the offseason will be important for him and Myers.

Refereeing continues to be very very iffy, which is troubling even if the calls even out for both teams.

An ugly win is still a win.

' Wasn't surprised running the ball would be tough sledding, but I am surprised they didn't really stick with it. Rodgers was throwing a lot of short swing passes to Jones early and maybe that was "an extension of the running game" '

Agreed, I think MLF game planned it this way, esp. when you look at the graphic Joe posted above.