Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs. Chiefs

More Banjo - Packers vs. Chiefs

Love 19-34, 190 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

Packers 25 rushes, 122 yards

Barnes 9 tackles, 1 TFL

Packers hampered by STD's. Special Team Disasters.

Kenny Clark hurt, did not return.

Discuss.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Someone needs to take GameDay thread.

After 7 straight wins, will need someone else to start Game Day Thread next week.

George Cumby, thank you for your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    After 7 straight wins, will need someone else to start Game Day Thread next week.

George Cumby, thank you for your service.
    The pleasure was all mine, Gentlemen.

Good luck to whoever starts the next streak.

Love improved as the game wore on. I think that's a real positive.

He's fast with that sidearm.

I'm really loving this D.

ST's fucked us on this.

Love played better in the second half. Just well enough that you still say maybe.

I watched full games of his college career. I thought he threw like crap on the run. Still looks that way.

Ideally this puts an end to this "last dance" idiocy. Without Rodgers, the Packers sink to chronic mediocrity. Love was able as expected - mediocre. The O Line was about as expected - mediocre. The D was solid - better than expected.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

LaFleur stating obvious. Couldn't make Chiefs pay for blitzes, so they kept blitzing.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Ideally this puts an end to this "last dance" idiocy. Without Rodgers, the Packers sink to chronic mediocrity. Love was able as expected - mediocre. The O Line was about as expected - mediocre. The D was solid - better than expected.
    That was Loves first game. And as mentioned, he didn’t find out until Wednesday that he’d be starting. He also had to play at Arrowhead.

I’d like to see him get one more shot at home with a full week to prepare.

Love didn't "Wow" me, but he didn't play all that bad - about what I would expect from someone starting his first ever in season NFL game. Jittery at times, some nice passes and some head scratchers.

O-line looked like shit, but Chiefs blitzed a ton. Defense looked decent at times. To hold the Chiefs, at home, to 13 points is saying something, especially since special teams really screwed the pooch and didn't help at all.

Speaking of special teams - what a shit show! MLF needs to...fuck if I know, but do something about the special teams screw ups. In a game where we already know we are hindered because the QB situation, we can't have other facets of the game fuck up as well.

What I noticed about Love

The kid was obviously nervous and it mainly showed in his footwork. Feet were always moving and he was often throwing the ball between steps.
    This resulted in low velocity, inaccurate throws.

The rush rattled him in the first half. He looked to run even with a decent pocket to throw from.

Team was constantly in bad field position, probably adding to tension and nervousness. STs were a nightmare.

4th quarter he looked much more in control. Footwork was better and the ball was thrown more crisply.

MLF running the ball on first 2 downs in 1st half left Love in a bad position.

4th quarter, he was allowed to throw in rhythm on early downs.

I really expected 4th quarter performance after the first drive of the game. I thought he would get his game together earlier.

That includes the 4th quarter INI, which I thought we might see a couple of times because of inexperience.

He ended the game looking like a 2nd string QB. He started the game looking like a practice squad QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    That was Loves first game. And as mentioned, he didn’t find out until Wednesday that he’d be starting. He also had to play at Arrowhead.

I’d like to see him get one more shot at home with a full week to prepare.
    As I said when you posted that in the other thread, RG, you want to see him start at Seattle - and we lose that game too? We simply aren't gonna beat anybody decent without Rodgers. That includes Seattle with Wilson and probably Seattle without Wilson.

Now if you want to see him start the last game against Detroit after we've clinched the top seed, I'm with you on that hahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Spagnola did what he always does against young qb's. Heavy blitzing and shifting coverages right before the snap.

Like mentioned above, Love had terrible footwork leaving him unable to out any zip on the ball 1st half. This crap run, run 3rd and 7 did him no favors.

It was a good experience for him. Now he can watch film and build off what he thought he saw and what was actually going on. You know they have to game plan for Love to start because Rodgers has to test negative at 10 days or he won't be able to play, which means this whole next week of practice is Love's.

The one thing Love disappointed me on, he had no drive behind his throws. Even the TD to Lazard wasn't on a line. Hopefully just a combo of bad footwork and being unsure of where to go with the ball. He had a few throws where he'd hit the drop and let it rip but they were the exception.
    Go PACK

Good run blocking this week. Too bad love isn't able to identify blitzes because there was a ton of opportunities against this d. He did look better as the game went on. After the first drive I was really really stressed.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Well, despite the loss, the Packers seem to be getting good results elsewhere. Dallas got punked. The Rams appear to be laying an enormous egg.

I'm worried about what happens when Rodgers gets back. Florio said there was no risk of suspension for the current scenario, only fines. However, if Rodgers doesn't completely toe the unvaccinated line moving forward, he could be suspended. Will he be willing to abide by the rules established by the league and NFLPA?
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I think all the pressure that KC brought really affected Love. I'm disappointed we didn't really attack the center of the field. There were times it was completely vacated by the Chiefs D.

I liked Jordan Love in his presser. They asked him if he thought he could be a starter right now and I liked his confidence. He said he could.

He’s a good kid. He’s got a little fire in him.

Maybe he’ll make it. Maybe he won’t. But he’s a competitor and a good kid. I like him.

Lucas Patrick was a turnstile. Jenkins was impressive. If Patrick was just average I think we turn at least one missed fg into a rd.

Dillion looks better every week, especially in passing game.
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Lafleur said even if Rodgers can’t practice until Friday that he’s starting against Seattle.