• Arrington

10 32.26%
  • Both

13 41.94%

Thread: Arrington or Woodson?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrington or Woodson?

Arrington, Woodson, neither, or both? Knowing the likely cost and the ups and downs of the signings, who would you want?

Re: Arrington or Woodson?

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Knowing the likely cost
    No, we really have no idea on Arrington's price, other than it will have to come down from his current expecations.

It will likely be for over $5M/year, and maybe closer to $6-7M. It's a ballpark guess, but some don't feel he's worth $5M/year.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    It will likely be for over $5M/year, and maybe closer to $6-7M. It's a ballpark guess, but some don't feel he's worth $5M/year.
    Do you feel he is worth it?

I think Arrington's price is still mysterious. He's coming off two down years. I would think teams would rather go for a shorter contract.

Kampman got about $5 per year, right?

I think Arrington at 3 year, $15M is about fair, I'd risk that. But he wants more and longer.

Whatever his number is gonna be, I think the Packers will be a likely destination for Arrington.

Well, Kampman got 5y/$25M, but it was a legit contract. Not much backloaded and a lot of upfront money. Most guys that get a contract that looks like $5-7M/year don't get close to that in real dollars. (See CB Brian Williams and many others). At this point, in real dollars, I'm expecting Arrington to get around $5M/year, but it will be backloaded to look like more, so if possible, he can save some face for getting out of his Redskins contract.

Rumors are circulating that Arrington will sign with the Jaguars. Not sure if they are trustworthy though.

I am a bit shocked at how strongly the poll favors getting Arrington.

I voted to get him. But I see so many holes on the offensive side of the ball, I'm not sure it is such a great idea to tie up so much money long term on defense. If Arington signs a relatively short deal with Jacksonville, I will feel envy.

Harv has TT done any deals with backloaded numbers?

That new Safety is decent bonus, decent pay. The rookies all got decent bonus decent pay. I know A-Rod's depends a lot on Lord Favre's intentions. But I am trying to think of a deal where the player got a lot of funny money.

TT seems to be true to his word in this area.

I voted for both!

Blog Entries
    Rumors are circulating that Arrington will sign with the Jaguars. Not sure if they are trustworthy though.
    Took a physical with the Giants today,

Allegedly.

Yep sounds like he is going to the Giants!

JSO is saying that the Packers are still in it. Other teams are interested, but it's possible that it comes down to the Giants or Packers.

LA belongs on Giants. He wears LT's number, 56. They even look a bit alike.

Wonder if he does cocaine.

Looks like 7 people will be happy.