View Poll Results: After hearing Rodgers chat with his Media Tool, What do you want GB to do with Aaron Rodgers ???

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Him

7 24.14%
  • Trade Him

22 75.86%
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want FB to do with AROD in 2023---AND some thoughts

Blog Entries

What do you want FB to do with AROD in 2023---AND some thoughts

Listed to the full Gutebag interview several times, and the complete Rodgers Rant with his TOOL....the G'd Dam Know Nothing Media Guy......and OMG here are some obvious thoughts

Guters clearly wants the drama to go away. He wants AROD to take his time, and let him know if he's all in or not. And if he comes back all in he wants his QB to be a leader and be there for his team at the OTA. He no longer wants Rodgers as the Assistant GM.

Rodgers, OMG strikes back hard. It was obvious to anybody paying attention he stirred up a lot of shit last year and was a real d'ckbag on this journey back onto the Packer roster. But those who close there eyes could still deny it all happened because AROD hid behind everything and never really make his views public.

Yesterday, by using the Dam Media as his tool, he came out swinging back. It's obvious he wants love from Guters and he wants all his needs met. Those include turning back the clock and bringing back his elderly friends (Cobb/Lewis/Lazar/Tonya.etc) AND going out and getting more weapons....despite the Cap..............AND.........he verbally floated out that he can play at an MVP level, whether it's for GB, or another team, AND then floated out the trade idea.

Not even Favre went to this level. Rodgers is all in playing football (and I truly believe he's back to GB next year), but he's not all in for Gute doing what's in the best interests of the team....unless it suits him

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyy you ask ? The answer is staring you in the face. Wilde, Tauscher, and others called the obvious. LAST week was the player meeting, and the Captain Obvious answer is Gutey told Sharon some stuff he didn't wanna hear.

Let's face it, we need to show Cobb the Door or make him a coach. And Lewis can go as well.
    Perhaps Tonyan comes in cheap and I don't have a view on Bach.

Since the player meetings did not go well, Aaron become SHARON and decided to use his tool as his platform to attempt to get his way again. We knew this was coming a few weeks back when he floated out the idea that he wants to see what GB would want to do at season end by again using the media. That was a sign of what was to come.

If Gutebag plays his cards right he should come out smelling like a rose on this one and Aaron turning Sharon knows that so he's trying some manipulation here. Just come out and announce he's going to make the moves in the best long term interests of the Green Bay Packers, and he appreciates everything Rodgers has done and they hope he commits to come back.

And then Dump Cobb and Lewis and do what's best for the team.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, after hearing Rodgers would be open to a trade, WHERE is your Mindset at ?

What should GB do with Aaron Favre.....I mean Sharon Rodgers......aka...Aaron Rodgers
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I'll add this; GB has the leverage here. Rodgers is going to play next year, for sure......somewhere, probably with Green Bay And I'm ok with that. I'm also OK with GB making a splash to get another weapon. Perhaps you sign Giesecki if you like his upside, perhaps you trade a 3rd round pick (I might be dreaming but since all our 3rd round picks suck we should trade them every year) for Waller. Or maybe another splash I don't know about.

But I don't want Gute to lose control, and sign the veterans with no upside, and I don't wanna sacrifice much of the future for the present anymore. And Flower boy needs to take back control of the team.

Don't think we're winning a Super Bowl with Rodgers soon. And I'll say another thing most in here thing; we're not winning a SB with Barry at DC either.

Another interesting offseason is ahead of us, thanks to our Drama Queen QB and his Dam Media Tool
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think Gute should make the moves HE feels are best for the team, which means bringing back Bakhtiari, letting Cobb leave, maybe keep Lazard and Tonyan depending on their market value. Then see if Rodgers is interested. If he isn't, ask him if he wants a trade, or wants to retire.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Gute should make the moves HE feels are best for the team, which means bringing back Bakhtiari, letting Cobb leave, maybe keep Lazard and Tonyan depending on their market value. Then see if Rodgers is interested. If he isn't, ask him if he wants a trade, or wants to retire.

BUT playing devils advocate, I think step 1 is getting a committment, a true committment, either way form Rodgers. That could effect what Gute does with some of the guys.

And my gut tells me Gute at bare minimum, has already told Rodgers in the end of season meeting that they are going to move on from some of the vets (implication is Cobb and Lewis at least and maybe more) AND that is why the reaction was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqirFUfB2Vg

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This poll is shit, worse trolling than the last poll you made when it comes to options. I wanted him traded before the interview.

Blog Entries
    you wanted him traded long long ago. But sentiments change as well

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    McAfee is not a journalist. He’s a semi-pro comedian impersonating a late night talk show host. Like Tank Elf Duke, McAfee can be funny at times.

She who ain’t too fond of McAfee, his doink comedy, and his penchant for uttering the greatest German word of all time - fuck - should watch Disney+ instead.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 01-19-2023 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Flipping burgers for $7.25/hr.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Easy answer, trade him of course, but that ship has sailed..

i think gronks is a god damn moron most of the time, but he made a great point about what erin said

why is he talking about getting back to an MVP level, when the goal SHOULD be getting another super bowl?

shows where is priorities are, its all about him

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i think gronks is a god damn moron most of the time, but he made a great point about what erin said

why is he talking about getting back to an MVP level, when the goal SHOULD be getting another super bowl?

shows where is priorities are, its all about him
    Gronks incorrect as usual.

12 also said he only wants to come back to a situation where he thinks he can win a Super Bowl. Why can’t you want both? Gronks just picking on headline and you snapped up that same narrative. 12 is one of the most competitive players out there - of course he wants Rings. Jebus…

I think it's very clear they're moving towards a trade.

How can anyone listen to this and not think that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHrlfIlhvY

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Gronks incorrect as usual.

12 also said he only wants to come back to a situation where he thinks he can win a Super Bowl. Why can’t you want both? Gronks just picking on headline and you snapped up that same narrative. 12 is one of the most competitive players out there - of course he wants Rings. Jebus…
    I think the issue is he talked about winning the MVP before saying the team he plays on has to be capable of winning the Super Bowl. The statement was an all about "me" statement. Aaron is excellent at looking out for Aaron first. I don't blame him. He only has so many years that he can make this kind of money.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I am not sure how to vote on the poll.

On one hand, he gives us the best chance of winning next year and is a known entity. On the other hand, we can't afford to pay elite top dollar money for average QB play.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I am not sure how to vote on the poll.

On one hand, he gives us the best chance of winning next year and is a known entity. On the other hand, we can't afford to pay elite top dollar money for average QB play.
    If he's offering you average QB play, what exactly does he give you the best chance of winning?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

It’s a mess. I voted to keep him. We have a chance to get some lucky growth and a great draft.

But I see trading too. He’s tradable. His contract hits are 31, 40, 59 and 53 (183 total or 46 per) We eat 40 of that so it’s 36 per to whoever takes him. That is absolutely tradable. The contract was looking like a cinder block around the ankle, but when you look at the trade option it’s much more flexible.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

They made a contract that made winning early possible if he stays as an option. Another option is he retires and we can handle the hit. And the third option is to trade him to a team who gets 36 per year deal.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I think it's very clear they're moving towards a trade.

How can anyone listen to this and not think that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWHrlfIlhvY
    First part of the presser I'd say yes, you are right. When somebody asked if they wanted Rodgers back, Gutes said something like "Yeah we want all our guys back." That seemed to indicate that maybe no. My sense from the first half of it was that they hope Rodgers wants to keep playing but that maybe they'd like it if he wanted to play for someone else, so they can trade him.

Second half, he seemed to back off that and came out more strongly in favor of Rodgers staying - that he still gives the team the best chance to win.

So hell, I don't know.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Good Poll, Bretsky. Good to get people on the record - for sanity and good sense or for stupidity and ingratitude.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

^ "Ingratitude". LOL.

What, pray tell, do I owe Karen Rodgers?

I think he could play better next year, but you're gambling on a lot of things going right, especially if you think he'll return to MVP form.
    He's on the physical decline & more likely to get injured as he ages, and he's not seeing open receivers. If you can get your hands on All-22 film watch how often he's still choosing to go for a lower percentage "big play" vs. throwing to his open receivers and giving them a chance to do something. A lot of his greatness was with his accuracy and throws outside the pocket, his mobility and ability to do that has diminished. Not much upside to keeping an aging, expensive, middling QB unless you can pair it with a Championship caliber defense, and Joe Barry won't make that happen.

It's a roster with talent, but they've tried "running it back" for two years now and it hasn't worked. (Something something definition of insanity.) Some of that talent will have aged out or been cut for cap purposes.

Eat the $40M, trade him for a R1 swap and a R2 to a team like NYJ -- i.e., somewhere in the AFC that has enough talent where Rodgers feels he can do well. Start Jordan Love, see what you have in him running the MLF offense vs. what looks like a moribund MLF-McCarthy hybrid. If JLove sucks, you're in a position to draft top 10 in what should be another good QB class. They'll have cap space and a clean slate to move ahead. If JLove turns out to be top 15 QB level, you're probably as good as Rodgers was this year, possibly better...and can extend him.

I don't see much upside to bringing back some of his guys: Tonyan, Lazard, Cobb, Lewis, Crosby are what they are at this point. You might give up some consistency losing them, but replacing them with younger ,cheaper, more athletic players gives you a chance to improve vs. treading water with old guys on a middling team. That might also get him listening to a trade for greener pastures.

Love Rodgers the player and what he's done for GB, but it's time.