Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Lions Game Thread

Official Packers/Lions Game Thread

Well, I'll try my luck starting a game thread. I doubt it has any outcome on the game, but whatever. It's worth a try.

Winning this game is my last hope for a decent season. The Lions are a bad team, scoring 13 points all season. Their defense looked good last week, but this weekend they got lit up by Grossman. We've improved from last week, and we should beat them, but should doesn't count, so we can only hope.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Re: Packers/Lions Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Well, I'll try my luck starting a game thread. I doubt it has any outcome on the game, but whatever. It's worth a try.

Winning this game is my last hope for a decent season. The Lions are a bad team, scoring 13 points all season. Their defense looked good last week, but this weekend they got lit up by Grossman. We've improved from last week, and we should beat them, but should doesn't count, so we can only hope.
    We should of beat the Saints, but did that happen.

lions 24, Packers 17
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, EVERYONE in Lion land is bitterly bitching about the Lions and predicting that the Pack will win next week.

Does this mean we get the #6 announcing team next week? I can't imagine it getting worse than this week's crew...but I suppose it is possible. Going lower than "Nick Barnett plays MLB better than anyone else in the league" is going to be very difficult.

I heard Randy Wright may be doing the game
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Oh, come on. Don't be so bitter.

It's Ray Rhodes, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    Oh, come on. Don't be so bitter.

It's Ray Rhodes, man.
    I have respect for the Saints & new star Reggie Bush...but...losing at home to the Saints while allowing 380 yards & 34 points is just plain BAD.

Is should be an even match, Packers at Lions, but it won't be.

Lions 31 Packers 16
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

I've never done this before, so i'm going to do this...Packers WILL win next sunday. Write it down, permenant marker.

Packers 24
    Lions 10

Put up or shut up time next week. It's time to get some production from everyone, and Brett Favre's drive to improve and win, will carry this team next weekend.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    yeah, the lions had 11 penalties IN THE FIRST HALF????
    Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72
    I've never done this before, so i'm going to do this...Packers WILL win next sunday. Write it down, permenant marker.

Packers 24
    Lions 10

Put up or shut up time next week. It's time to get some production from everyone, and Brett Favre's drive to improve and win, will carry this team next weekend.
    Well, I must admit, given the last 2 games and the Pack's indoor woes... you've succumbed to the Kool-Aid.

IF that happens (and that's a huge IF), Lions' fans may have to have another march to get rid of Millen.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

I say third time's the charm. Bubba now has something to prove and our run D was all over the Saints RBs.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Gotta beat the damn Lions. Let's get something going here! Close, but no cigar today, so let's take care of business next week!

They're a young team with questionable talent... it's not like they're a young team full of future pro bowlers.

Young/bad teams find ways to lose... They'll be in this game, but ultimately will find a way to lose it.

New York Jets @ Lambeau on December 3rd, and Detroit @ Lambeau on December 17th seem like our best chances of getting a win this season.

I don't think we'll go winless... but, ya never know.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43

Well.....that makes me feel better!!

Senior Rat Veteran
    I can't wait for the game tomorrow! Wait, next week you say? Well, screw this. I'll see you guys in this thread Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43

Well.....that makes me feel better!!
    Kool-aid tasted good? Hey, be a Packer fan for crying out loud. Naivety ain't a crime though. I predicted a 6-10 record - now that's naive! Still gonna be a Packer but I'm gonna speak my mind when things are this bad.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    the one thing that scares me about the lions game is the dome hex combined with taking the rookies on the road. rookies tend to do better in friendly territory than on the road.
    Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

Well, after the first Lions' game against the Seahawks, the fans were quietly optimistic. They liked Marinelli's response - close isn't good enough, so what if we stayed close? - and they thought this team would play Chicago really tough.

All the drumbeating by the Detroit coaching staff about wanting "men" who wanted to win at all costs, that would give their lives to win, blah blah blah, played really well here.

But after a thrashing at the hands of the Bears - it was worse than the Packers' loss - they seem to think it's the same ol', same ol' Lions.

Go Pack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    We will sneak one out 34-27 Roy Williams blows up but a late pick by Kitna seals it for us.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.