Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Aaron Jones Being Released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bretsky, what's with you carrying the torch for all these bitter ex-Packers?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So the Raiders gave up a 1/2 for Adams, who is 30 now, paid him absolute top dollar. We paid Jacobs near top dollar for a RB and gave up nothing as he turns 26. One is a smart organization doing smart things. I'll let you decide which.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    So the Raiders gave up a 1/2 for Adams, who is 30 now, paid him absolute top dollar. We paid Jacobs near top dollar for a RB and gave up nothing as he turns 26. One is a smart organization doing smart things. I'll let you decide which.
    The youngest team in the league and the only team that got younger after participating in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    The youngest team in the league and the only team that got younger after participating in free agency.
    We might bring back Crosby yet, which would instantly make us the 2nd oldest roster in the NFL.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Trading high picks for the right to sign/extend a player to an expensive contract is a bad idea. Especially when they are nearing 30.

Jordy was past his prime and I think GB is the sort of team who won't even offer an aging player on an expiring contract a deal that both matches the expected production and the player's asking price.
    Great Packer in his prime but by 2017 he didn't have much left in the tank - he had 482 yards on 53 catches that last year in GB. Granted, some of it was with Brett Hundley at QB, but 9.1 ypc is not good for a guy lining up outside.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/gnb/2017.htm

If GB had better WR depth or had signed someone better than Jimmy Graham the next year nobody would have blinked an eye.