Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
2 things. I don't think the run at OL impacted this pick at all. He is a total Gutes pick. Dominated the senior bowl. Mountain of starts at LT. Morgan isn't even close to the same tier at Paul or Rosengarten imo. He would have been a slam dunk first round top 20 in most drafts.
2 things. I don't believe in drafting offensive linemen in the first round, and I didn't expect Morgan to go in the first round but I figured first tackle off the board in the 2nd round with Paul and Rosengarten following behind. The BYU guy could fit somewhere in there as well. The Yale guy I don't know if you trust him to give you quality snaps in 2024.

Morgan was a solid second tier OT in this draft.

Tier 1
Alt
Fauga
Fashanu
Fautanu
Latham

Tier 2
Mims
Morgan
Guyton

Tier 3
Paul
Rosengarten
Saumataia
Amegadjie

Like I stated I think he is more polished than Mims or Guyton, Mim has ridiculous upside though. I don't think the Packers could have traded down because the Cowboys traded back and took Guyton, and my opinion I don't think they were thrilled with the pick as that dude is gonna need some time. If Morgan was there guy they needed to stay at 25. If they saw that much difference between him and the other guys then I get it, I just don't like O linemen in the first round.