I few thoughts since last night's kneejerk reaction:

(1) I think DET getting Terrion Arnold at 24 is a steal. My guess is Gute wanted premium to trade with a division foe and DET could get ahead of them by trading same value. (If CHI wanted to trade with you, wouldn't you want to extract a pound of flesh?)

(2) It sounds like other teams picking after GB were also high on Jordan Morgan, there was a rumor BAL liked him and he would've been under strong consideration with their pick. IOW, he probably would NOT have lasted until 41.

(3) Some fans are posting links to videos and saying this guy is a really good pass blocker. Morgan has a lot of experience, is a good athlete, and is still 22 years old, so he's Packers-y. I'll be curious to see where they play him, and if he's really as good as they say.

(4) I only watched a little bit of him, I thought he was 'ok' but I liked him better than Guyton for sure. Mims scared the hell out of me because he's been hurt so much and has a long development curve. I'm ok with the pick.

(5) I still would have taken a long look at Barton or Dejean, but if they think this kid can play OT I get it. He can probably at least play swing tackle Day 1. I'd rather give him a shot than Andre Dillard.

(6) Do NOT want to trade up. Those 4 Day 2 picks are gold.

(7) Consensus boards and draftnik sites are nice, but they often lack the medical and character stuff. What's between the ears matters.

(8) It's a meh, wait-and-see, unsexy pick. It is absolutely critical to raise the level of play on the OL -- they need to be able to protect Jordan Love at all costs, and the also need to run block better than they did last year, especially the first half of the season. If this improves the OL, and thus the offense, it's a good pick.

(9) Dejean and Shipley? Sure, but not giving up the farm for Dejean. Shipley can be had later; he's a homeless person's CMC (i.e., not even a poor man's CMC) but could see him as complement to Jacobs.

(10) I'll stop now. I'm ok with the pick, if a bit underwhelmed. I blame the whole build-up to the event; it's always a bit of an anticlimax, especially if you're picking in the mid/late 20's.