The stuff the scouts tell McGinn are hilarious sometimes, and maddening. Totally contradict each other. Of course beauty is going to be in the eye of the beholder, and the scheme.

I like the pick. He's ultra-athletic and is basically a smaller Quay. He might be a better football player than Quay coming out as well.
The mental midget stuff is a little concerning, and I'd heard about the ATV accident. I'm pretty sure GB dug into that and worked him over about it on the Top 30 visit. If they had concerns they wouldn't have taken him; GB usually stays away from dumb characters.

I wonder if they'll give McKinney the green dot instead. I don't know that Quay should have it; and maybe just letting Quay and Cooper fly to the ball without having to think too much is what you want.

As for Cooper Dejean, PHI did give up a bunch. I'm not convinced Dejean was a perfect scheme fit for Hafley, but I do think he is a good player and versatile enough where he'd succeed. I don't completely buy the "we were going to trade down before the Dejean pick" stuff. They usually work out trade offers before they're on the clock, I'm guessing they decided to execute on the trade after Dejean went. He's a good prospect and would have been a nice addition. PHI did well to get him and Quinyon, but they really paid thru the nose.

It's a close call but I'd rather have Edgerrin Cooper, Bullard, and the two extra picks than Cooper Dejean and whomever was left at LB. He's the best off-ball LB in the draft class (for what that's worth) and they needed ILBs badly.