Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2024 3rd Round Pick #91 Overall Ty'Ron Hopper

So since we’ve determined beyond a doubt that he is dead average compared to players who make it into the NFL, he should be better than average in other areas and he’s not!

He is a bust.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Since he is better in other areas, let's see what he does.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/nfl-d...n-tyron-hopper

Packers third-round pick Ty’Ron Hopper is a four-down player with the potential to be an elite blitzer and excellent coverage player, Missouri assistant coach D.J. Smith said.
    Not a neutral opinion by any means, but this is some high praise.

Bust, 4 down player - everyone's got an opinion on the internet. I think it makes sense to give Hopper 3 years before grading him (although I think he was a reach). He was second-team All-SEC, which isn't nothing. Maybe he's JAG, who knows.

There are 1,920 players on NFL rosters currently who posted a #RAS. Of those, 81.35% are rated 5.00 or above, with only 18.65% rated below average. A whopping 45.21% are above 8.00, in that elite range for athletic ability when compared to their peers.
    The average #RAS for a player on an NFL roster is 7.16.
    https://ras.football/roster-breakdowns-of-ras/

Don't confuse average (mean) with median. Don't boil things down to one number. And I'm nobody's bro.
    It makes sense to draft bigger, faster athletes, so it's not a shock that 45% are 8+. Being athletic doesn't guarantee you'll be a good football player, but it does mean your ceiling is likely higher.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Are you guys really so dense that not one person chimes in and says yeah, there is a difference between people who test to get into the league and people who actually get in the league. You really believe every player who tests is in the league? You really don’t believe the ones who make it are more athletic than the ones who don’t? You guys seriously can’t comprehend that? I feel like I’m in the twilight zone right now. I can’t believe one person anywhere can’t wrap their mind around this.
    No, you are correct on this one RG. Not sure what run is thinking on this one. NFL players is different than college guys trying to get into the NFL.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

So since we’ve determined beyond a doubt that he is dead average compared to players who make it into the NFL, he should be better than average in other areas and he’s not!

He is a bust.
    But you are wrong on this. We have no clue if he is a bust or not.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He is a bust.
    Im starting to think this guy banged some chick you like because the hate is very strong in you.

How the fuck IS he a bust if he hasn’t played yet? You can say he is going to be a bust but right now you are about the same as this lady.