Thread: PREDICT JORDAN LOVE'S NEXT CONTRACT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

PREDICT JORDAN LOVE'S NEXT CONTRACT

I can't believe this debate isn't already going on.

Two weeks ago, I think I would have predicted 4 years, 205,000, and about 150,000,000 guaranteed

Would have seemed reasonable. Give him a nice deal for his youthful upside. We believe in him. Gute does too. Russ Ball and GB often start out with a lowball but after a while of negotiating they will come together. I though my old prediction was reasonable. He should not get as much as Joe Burrow, or Lamar Jackson, but this was close.

THEN HOLY SHIT Goff happened. Lions, you are kidding right ? 4 year 212,000,000 for

On one hand this is NOT Goff's first big money deal, so he's earned the right to drive a hard bargain.

But he just made Russ Ball's job a lot harder. And now Love has to debate if he's willing to not bust the Packers balls on his first big deal. Perhaps, he could take a somewhat Packer Friendly deal of 3-4 years knowing he'll have another huge payday if he excels. And perhaps he's not willing to go into this season, risking major injury so he accepts a bit less. Or maybe he has balls of steel and goes for the gold.

One thing seems obvious. THis just got harder. And remember every million Russ Ball savesi is money that can get folled into guys like Kenny Clark, and our WR"s and TE's in a couple years when we have to start paying them.

SO WHAT SAY YOU RATS ?

Debate, and Predict the Final Terms of the Jordan Love Contract. Most ljikely it's for 4 years.

So give it your best shot to predict the total contract amount, and guarnteed money, which is also a huge part of this.

Hope you are all doing well !!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Same as Goff. Maybe we go 5 years. The longer it goes the more it can turn into a discount.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Same as Goff. Maybe we go 5 years. The longer it goes the more it can turn into a discount.
    Agree about the 5 years becoming a discount. I heard a discussion about how much the cap is expected to rise in the next couple of years, so the same percentage of the cap for a QB will be like $80M. Goff is a good QB, but they are paying him like he's elite, so Love has reason to expect that range too. So my guess is 5/270, 175 guaranteed. And really hope he stays healthy
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Obviously Love is worth way more than Goff but I wouldn't be surprised if the Packers get him signed for less than many expect.

I'm gonna go with an assumption that the Packers are pretty far ahead of the game cap-wise. So I'll guess less backloaded than they could if they had to. Make it five years, $75m bonus, salary $25m, $35m, $45m, $50m, and $55m with the first three years guaranteed. That's $285m with $180m guaranteed. Cap hit is $40m, $50m, $60m, $65m, and $70m.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

The Packers want 5 years. Love's camp wants 3. I think they split it at 4. But they are 4 years added to the end of his current contract, meaning we've got him locked up for 24, 25, 26, 27 and the contract expires after the 28 season.

With Goff getting $53M/year, I think Love could average $60. I'm certain he'll average over $55M/year. I'll guess $232M total new money over 4 years. $78M signing bonus. $155M in total guaranteed money.

Meager salary stays the same for this year, but with a $78M signing bonus in his pocket, he'll make due.

I think we address this next offseason and it's either 60+ aav or a franchise tag.

An extension will be signed before preseason games start. 4 years, 230 million.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

This was debated in another thread awhile ago. I predicted that when he signed it would be the largest contract ever for an NFL player (which is always a QB). Just like every new deal is. It will be too much, but hopefully the impact won't be felt for a few years. Then in a month or so, some guy who doesn't deserve as much as Love will get more. This is the way.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It will probably happen mid season if things are going well. But Bobble is right is going to be a real financial asswhuppin for the Pack no matter what. Short but $weet works for me.