View Poll Results: Who was your favorite pick in 2024?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Morgan

5 16.13%
  • Edgerrin Cooper

13 41.94%
  • Javon Bullard

5 16.13%
  • Marshawn Lloyd

2 6.45%
  • Ty’ron Hopper

1 3.23%
  • Evan Williams

0 0%
  • Jacob Monk

1 3.23%
  • Kitan Oladapo

1 3.23%
  • Travis Glover

1 3.23%
  • Michael Pratt

1 3.23%
  • Kalen King

1 3.23%

Thread: Who was your favorite pick in 2024?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I think Morgan is a bit of a project. I don’t see much of a chance of him starting at tackle in game 1. While you can see his athleticism on film, there also are a lot of poor tendencies that need to be coached up. Perhaps he starts at guard early, but I’m even doubtful of that. I think the Packers are fine letting him develop and mostly providing depth in year one. I can get behind Wahle’s opinion that Monk is probably more likely to get a start first because he will be playing the position of our weakest (and soon to be departed) interior lineman. Morgan may turn out to be better in time, but his learning curve will be steeper at tackle.
    I don't think you give him enough credit. Every college player has things they can improve on. Morgan reaches too early against speed rushers and he got away with it in college. Teaching him the right technique and having him take 100 snaps against Gary probably fixes it in one camp. He could start at tackle on day one and not ruin a season, however there is no urgency to do that which is why I think he starts at RG. Its because we have 2 excellent tackles already and there is not need to rush it. Its not because he has the mountainous learning curve. Mims has a much higher learning curve and he went 18? I think it was.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I don't think you give him enough credit. Every college player has things they can improve on. Morgan reaches too early against speed rushers and he got away with it in college. Teaching him the right technique and having him take 100 snaps against Gary probably fixes it in one camp. He could start at tackle on day one and not ruin a season, however there is no urgency to do that which is why I think he starts at RG. Its because we have 2 excellent tackles already and there is not need to rush it. Its not because he has the mountainous learning curve. Mims has a much higher learning curve and he went 18? I think it was.
    Exactly. Clifton, Tauscher and Bulaga all began their rookie seasons as backups, but were pushed into starting tackle roles only a few games in. Bakhtiari probably would have too, but for Bulaga's season-ending injury in training camp. Maybe they weren't completely ready, but they were certainly good enough to play with.

Hopefully, Morgan is of the same ilk if he is needed.