Thread: Idiotic Internet Articles about The Packers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I don't know much about the game any more, but I do wonder, in my "it's-still-the-90's" brain, if they could trot out two tight ends, an H back, and a running back, one wide receiver, and then have the option of running the ball - all that blocking! - or play action off that to one of those tight ends. Might be fun.
    You can do anything your personnel dictates. If Dillon is the H back and Lloyd is the RB then why not. Both can catch the ball at different levels of the field especially if Watson can draw a safety deep. Or you can just crush it with both TE's blocking. Taking advantage of guys that can do multiple things was fat mikes ultimate failure. You have Ty Montgomery and Cobb on the same roster and never took advantage of it. Criminal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    You can do anything your personnel dictates. If Dillon is the H back and Lloyd is the RB then why not. Both can catch the ball at different levels of the field especially if Watson can draw a safety deep. Or you can just crush it with both TE's blocking. Taking advantage of guys that can do multiple things was fat mikes ultimate failure. You have Ty Montgomery and Cobb on the same roster and never took advantage of it. Criminal.
    Mike would get a little crazy once in a while. I remember in 2018 vs the Rams he trotted out 4 TE's and a RB in a goal line situation. I was at that game and I remember watching them line up and counting them - somewhat in disbelief. I can't even remember if it worked. Most people remember that game because Ty Montgomery brought out a late 4 quarter kick where he was explicitly told to take a knee, and got himself cut as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Mike would get a little crazy once in a while. I remember in 2018 vs the Rams he trotted out 4 TE's and a RB in a goal line situation. I was at that game and I remember watching them line up and counting them - somewhat in disbelief. I can't even remember if it worked. Most people remember that game because Ty Montgomery brought out a late 4 quarter kick where he was explicitly told to take a knee, and got himself cut as a result.
    But Monty also caught that with one foot in play if I recall. It was one of those things. He probably should have just let it go, but then if it spikes he's wrong as well. Cutting Ty after that was just one more example of fat mike being dumb as a stump. Its not like the guy made a mountain of mistakes and this was the final straw. No, tubby would rather watch AJ Hawk make 14 tackles 7 yards downfield game after game.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.