Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Homepage open - Winners & Losers of GB vs DET

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Homepage open - Winners & Losers of GB vs DET

Well folks today was a big first win for Mike McCarthy as a head coach. I wonder if anyone remembered to congratulate him. Anyways, I had an exciting weekend and due to my travel to Columbus Ohio to catch the Ohio St. verse Penn St. football game I was only able to catch one viewing of the game at a bar in Indiana on my way home. It is going to be short and sweet and I do hope that all of you care to add your own tonight and tomorrow.

Winners:

1. Brett Favre - He became the second man in NFL history to throw for over 400 touchdowns.....

Visit the PR homepage for the full article!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Homepage: Official Winners & Losers of GB vs DET

Bump!

the front page looks good mad, but the menue on the left kind of flows over into the main article for me

barnett was a losser to me, everytime i saw him he was either missing a tackle, or nowhere close to the play

manuel was also a loser, he had some pretty bad blown plays today. he did make the nice pick for a td, but i think he cost the team more then he gained.

and what about k-rob for a winner. he returned the ball well, and made that big time catch

Quote Originally Posted by red
    the front page looks good mad, but the menue on the left kind of flows over into the main article for me
    its cool IE, but in Fire Fox it runs over a bit.
    What the hell is going on out there!!??

Junior Rat Rookie

MONDAY NIGHT GAME: EAGLES

I will be watching: watch and rate how the ol does for run plays and the dl does in the pass rushing and the takeaways margin.

By the end of the game on espn national television, the Packer fans will get a good dose of reality about the directions for our 2006 season.
    TOP HAT "My fans, they can't wait."

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy-bacca
    Quote Originally Posted by red
    its cool IE, but in Fire Fox it runs over a bit.
    Ahh I know what it is. Now go read the Ws&Ls on the homepage and discuss it on here or Nutz will be sad.

There is a thread in the RR for homepage comments/complaints.

nice work on the story Nutz. I just have one thing to say.....http://www.spellcheck.net/

EDIT..
    well, I guess its more proof read then spell check. the words are spelled right, but they are the wrong words.

also, I thought the TE, Bubba esp. did a nice job on pass protection too. the motion with them seemed to work well. I am just real happy with the game plan and the overall execution!!
    What the hell is going on out there!!??

Ummm, Nutz?

The win was wonderful, watching the offense take command was great and the line did a very nice job in protection. Could have used a bit more D in the first half, though.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Not an exhaustive list, but some observations:

Winner: Mike McCarthy--It looked like a real game plan in action! He never abandoned the run, even when it wasn't there, because the short pass was there on third and 6's. And when Ahman fumbled late MM looked pi$$ed for less than a second and then he went looking for his defense. He found Al Harris and you could see him mouthing the words, "Go do it." I thought that moment was very telling about his relationship with his players. I have been hard on MM, so in fairness I need to give him some well-deserved props for this game.

Winner: Brett--I loved the fact that he threw to four WR's and three TE's and at least one if not two RB's. Talk about spreading it around! I wonder if he's ever thrown to more players in one game.?

Winner: Marquand Manuel--the Right Place at the Right Time Award.

Loser: Marquand Manuel--every Offensive Coordinator that plays us is making note of how slow he is and drawing up ways to get him mismatched against speed.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

KGB will be 30 years old by the start of next season. His only effective pass rush move relied heavily on his ability to get top notch explosion out of his legs.

Players who depend largely on explosion like RB's and pass rushing DE's can lose their edge much faster than other positions. It's possible that KGB has played his last dominate game and because of his salary may be in his last season in GB.

I see a player who just doesn't have the first step to round the corner. When you're a 6'4 250 LB DE, you better have that or you've got nothing.

My hope is that we somehow get Quentin Moses in the upcoming draft and once again have an explosive, havoc reeking DE bringing pressure on teh QB's blind side.

I hope we win some games and lose a couple just becuae of rookie mistakes and find ourselves in position to get a dominate pass rusher. The Packers are going to have a real shot at the playoffs next year with an experienced, cohesive line, Brett Favre, Jennings/DRiver/Franks, maybe Thomas Jones or a FA running back, Hawk, A defense and secondary who know each other, ect....Imagine if we could also say, we have a dominate pass rusher and can consisntantly force early throws?

RB and pass rushing DE are my two biggest needs going into next season. Honestly, if I had to fill just one, I'd take the DE. I think our defense could be top 5 in 07 if we had a guy like KGB used to be and Moses likely will be.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Nutz,

I know you're preparing for the draft. I'm busy as hell so I won't be watchinig much football but if you ever get a chance to watch a Georgia game, it might be a good idea to eye up Quentin Moses. I know he's not quite as heavy as a guy might like but if he's got something between the old KGB's first step and Freeney's, he could be a very valuable player for 6 or 7 years untill he loses it like they all do.

I'm gonna try to record at least one game so I can see this kids first step. If it's lights out, he's going to be my guy to hope for. If he just looks so/so off the snap than I'll go a different direction. I really want a dominate defense though and I know we won't be dominate untill we can pressure the QB. Moses might be that guy but we'll have to see what he's got before any conclusions are drawn.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

never mind.

I think Ryan should be in the list of winners. When you have a punt like this:

4-5-GB25 (2:27) J.Ryan punts 59 yards to DET 16, Center-R.Davis. E.Drummond MUFFS catch, and recovers at DET 9.
    How is he not a winner? He punts from his own 25, and puts it inside the 20? Sweet Jesus, the ST coach must've creamed himself
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness

4-5-GB25 (2:27) J.Ryan punts 59 yards to DET 16, Center-R.Davis. E.Drummond MUFFS catch, and recovers at DET 9.
    How is he not a winner? He punts from his own 25, and puts it inside the 20? Sweet Jesus, the ST coach must've creamed himself
    I agree. Ryan had something like a 48 gross average and a 44 net on five punts. It's in a dome, sure, but that net average is wicked good. I'm surprised Woodbuck hasn't started a thread or five about it.

Also, I missed the scene that Swede describes of MM gathering himself after the fumble and exhorting his D to finish the game out. That sounds kind of cool.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GregJennings
    KGB will be 30 years old by the start of next season. His only effective pass rush move relied heavily on his ability to get top notch explosion out of his legs.

Players who depend largely on explosion like RB's and pass rushing DE's can lose their edge much faster than other positions. It's possible that KGB has played his last dominate game and because of his salary may be in his last season in GB.

I see a player who just doesn't have the first step to round the corner. When you're a 6'4 250 LB DE, you better have that or you've got nothing.

My hope is that we somehow get Quentin Moses in the upcoming draft and once again have an explosive, havoc reeking DE bringing pressure on teh QB's blind side.

I hope we win some games and lose a couple just becuae of rookie mistakes and find ourselves in position to get a dominate pass rusher. The Packers are going to have a real shot at the playoffs next year with an experienced, cohesive line, Brett Favre, Jennings/DRiver/Franks, maybe Thomas Jones or a FA running back, Hawk, A defense and secondary who know each other, ect....Imagine if we could also say, we have a dominate pass rusher and can consisntantly force early throws?

RB and pass rushing DE are my two biggest needs going into next season. Honestly, if I had to fill just one, I'd take the DE. I think our defense could be top 5 in 07 if we had a guy like KGB used to be and Moses likely will be.
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that all players don't get their "explosion" and "power" from their legs? Why is this more likely to be running backs and defensive ends? That makes ZERO sense.

- brilliant partial

Quote Originally Posted by GregJennings
    Nutz,

I know you're preparing for the draft. I'm busy as hell so I won't be watchinig much football but if you ever get a chance to watch a Georgia game, it might be a good idea to eye up Quentin Moses. I know he's not quite as heavy as a guy might like but if he's got something between the old KGB's first step and Freeney's, he could be a very valuable player for 6 or 7 years untill he loses it like they all do.

I'm gonna try to record at least one game so I can see this kids first step. If it's lights out, he's going to be my guy to hope for. If he just looks so/so off the snap than I'll go a different direction. I really want a dominate defense though and I know we won't be dominate untill we can pressure the QB. Moses might be that guy but we'll have to see what he's got before any conclusions are drawn.
    GregJennings:

You then... are in agreement with Wist43.

With the state of OUR current pass rush, and not enough pressure on the Opposition's QB. The Packers are getting dominated in that aspect of the game. The Pass.

THE OBJECTIVE - to counter the passing game...

" is to attack the origin of the pass ".. Attack the Opposition's, QB !

We are seeing competent QB's pick OUR aging CB's ( C. Woodson and Al Harris) and developing young players ( N.Collins, M.Manuel and nickleback A. Carroll ). We are seeing OUR Secondary, curently absorbing more heat than they can presently deal with.

The Packer Secondary was " the BIG LOSER " in the Lions Game.

We are going to face a severe test in week 4 in Philadelphia, on both sides of the ball. We need to have a realistic game plan installed and executed just to keep us close in that next BIG Game. Somehow Mike McCarthy and Company, must get OUR Rushing game on track.

We just experienced an early step forward on behalf of OUR inexperienced OL. Overall.. we had to be pleased with how the OL protected Favre and the ball. Now we need to get more control with SUCCESS running the ball.

Favre has had to take it ALL on in the Saints and Lions games. That can't be expected to continue. Brett Favre should never have to pass more than he did yesterday. To call upon Brett Favre to pass > 40 times is a formula for destruction.

The Eagles "D" will do more (possibly) than just get to him!

We can defeat the Eagles if it ALL comes together next week.

Win that one... we are 2-2 and a REAL chance of being 3-2 with " the Rams " coming to Lambeau, just before OUR Bye week.

It's ALL about... us playing as a cohesive Team with a solid Game Plan in place.

ALL about... understanding " the Eagles " strengths (not alot of weakness's Packer fans) and executing that Game Plan with confidence/determination for any REAL chance of Victory.

PACKERS @ Eagles.

GO PACK GO. Packer Fan Faith !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness

I agree. Ryan had something like a 48 gross average and a 44 net on five punts. It's in a dome, sure, but that net average is wicked good. I'm surprised Woodbuck hasn't started a thread or five about it.

Also, I missed the scene that Swede describes of MM gathering himself after the fumble and exhorting his D to finish the game out. That sounds kind of cool.

" I'm surprised Woodbuck hasn't started a thread or five about it." Noodle

Noodle, with all respect:

As a Canadian. I have long before... 95% of the member's here... been well aware of who Jon Ryan is and " the promise " Jon Ryan brings to " the Green Bay Packers ".

Certainly, and based only on his ability and talents.

I have supported and have faith in Jon Ryan. I don't take it for granted that he's a LOCK to remain OUR punter, yet Jon Ryan's far from stinkin' up the joint. I trust that Jon Ryan's on track and improving as a Packer punter as best he's able.

I don't feel a need to extoll what should now be sinking into the collective consciounce of Packer fans.

That Jon Ryan is doing for himself and OUR Team as best he may.

I have faith ( believe ) Jon Ryan will only improve and make Packer fans feel both pleased and fortunate to have his services.

Jon Ryan is to date and since he signed with us. Growing in his promise, a solid acquisition, for OUR Teams efforts to be competitive and win football games.

May I add.

A huge factor in any discussion of a punter's success in his Net punting Average is the reality of that punters ST punting coverage of the oppositions punt returner.

GO PACKERS Vs Eagles in Week 4 !! Packer fan faith.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Buck, after the performance he's put in the last couple weeks, he is pretty much a lock to not only remain on the roster, but to keep Mike Stock a very happy man. After people started suggesting that he was outkicking his coverage, I began watching and there hasn't been one punt that I've seen where the gunner wasn't nearby when the ball came down. He's been blocked a couple times, but he's always down there. Punt coverage in general was much better this game.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Biggest need next season? Hands down, a CB unless you can snatch a sure fire DE in FA or in the draft - DEs are harder to get/find. Thirdly, a RB then a G/T.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

I disagree. DL is a more critical need. I think the corners would be fine if we had a pass rush. It actually seems to be more coverage breakdowns than anything. The safeties and Poppinga have been burned as much or more than the three corners. It doesn't help that we haven't put together a pass rush--other than for one half against New Orleans. Kampman is fine. I'm afraid that KGB just isn't up to snuff anymore.