Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alkie Drink

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar

Favorite Alkie Drink

So, what's your fav? Post your recipie (if applicable)...

tyler

p.s HA! Beat you to it, FavreChild!
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Passion Fruit Cosmopolitan or Margarita. I like the fruity stuff.

I have to admit that I just don't have a taste for beer. Drank too much of it when I was a college drunkard.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

I like my Russians--color is unimportant. I know a white russian is Kahlua, vodka and cream, but don't know what's in black except the Kahlua.

I also like the fruities. I will always have a soft spot for a nice pina colada. rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Doesn't the Black Russian just skip the cream?

For me.. nothing beats an ice cold beer I never got int othe mixed drinks much. Jack and Coke if I someone offers.

Call me crazy, but I have dubbed my favorite drink "the Megabomb." It's basically a triple Jaeger-bomb, sipped as a drink. Mix one whole can of Redbull/Rockstar and...I dunno...about 3-4 oz of Jaeger? I don't measure precisely. You can tell if you've got the right mix by the color. Serve in a frosted pint glass.

Meant to be a starter drink only - it really gets you going. NOT to be used as an all-night drink.

Yes, I know I have a problem.

alcohol and Rockstar *shudder* Isn't that kind of like a speedball (coke and junk)?

I drink my namesake, and whisky sours. Signapore slings in hotter climates.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    Doesn't the Black Russian just skip the cream?
    Ok. I'll take it either way. Just on a side note, if you ever have a serious back spasm (you can tell by the inability to move in any fashion without sudden, sharp, debilitating back pain), alcohol makes a decent muscle relaxant. Lie down in a position that doesn't hurt (hard to find) and sip something strong. In about an hour you should have limited mobility again.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness

I drink my namesake, and whisky sours.
    as long as that whiskey is spelled with and E with out the E it is just crap!!

Actually, when i'm drinking I usually drink beer. My fav is most anything made by Sprecher. If i'm drinking Macrobrew, its made by Miller. I'm very loyal. (guess that's just the nascar fan in me) I visited Busch Gardens in FL they give out samples, and i refused them! I won't drink anything imported from St Louis

I knew FC would have a rockstar drink on this list for me. Next time I'm out i'm trying one.

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    I'm a fan of Jager Bombs made with Rockstar, mostly because 1 8 oz Red Bull costs about $1.50 and makes two, while 1 16 oz Rockstar costs $0.99 and makes 4. Long Islands are slightly ahead due to the cost of Jager.

Went out for a friend's 21st on Monday night with a group, about 3 Long Islands and 7 shots in I was introduced to a little baby called 'Apple Pie', a shot made with reduced Apple Juice, Apple Cider, Cinnamon and Everclear. I have officially found a new favorite drink.

For me its either Beer or I'll do a few strong Jack & Cokes or Rum & Cokes. It all depends on the situation.

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Can I say free?

Otherwise....I like spotted cow or just a cold mgd will do me good. If I want something hard...jack and coke.

I have a bottle of coconut rum I haven't cracked open yet. I wonder what happens if you mix it with Kahlua...

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I have a bottle of coconut rum I haven't cracked open yet. I wonder what happens if you mix it with Kahlua...
    I've always found that some good coconut rum goes well with pineapple juice. Get one or two of those, a little tiki umbrella, and a warm day and it kind of makes you feel like you're not stuck in the middle of the Midwest.

I think my favorite drink is a pint of Shmirnoff vodka mixed with a super-sized diet coke from McDonalds. What you want to do is ask for an extra large cup of ice when you get to the drive through window, it makes mixing a lot of easier.

Those were the days......

OOooh. I happen to have some banana-strawberry-pineapple juice in the fridge. If I'm typing crooked later, you'll know why!! Has spring not sprung there yet?

Oh no, it's 68 here right now, we've gotten in the 80's already.

Heh, this is gonna be one hell of a weekend. My psycho Aero prof got called for jury duty on Friday (I pity the poor defendant, I'm sure if the death penalty was legal in Iowa, he'd push for it), so I have no class AT ALL on Friday. Combine the fact it's VEISHEA weekend and people from all over Iowa are gonna be descending on Ames, and it's already gonna be nuts.

I'd like to formally quote my professor today (picture a large, EXTREMELY cranky man in his mid-80's who constantly condescends to his students):

"We'll pick this up next time, assuming most of you survive your drunken orgy this weekend."
    *entire class bursts out laughing*

Quote Originally Posted by Pack0514
    For me its either Beer or I'll do a few strong Jack & Cokes or Rum & Cokes. It all depends on the situation.
    Bingo, same exact thing for me. Considering I'm in college the goal is normally to get as drunk as possible as quick as possible. If I'm in a hurry I'll just down some shots and then go to the bars and have whiskey and Cokes. Otherwise I'll sip on some whiskey and Cokes along with some beers. One night a week at this bar they serve something callled a Icebomb. Got about 6 different kinds of liquor in it and it'll fuck you up. That's what I'll be up to tonight.

Straight Jack on the rocks. Or a decent Irish Whiskey on the rocks (Tullamore Dew, Bushmills, etc.)

If alcohol is a crutch, then Jack Daniels is the wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Coconut rum makes the best umbrella drinks!

A daquiri is 1oz coconut rum, 2oz white rum, 1oz lime juice and some powerdered sugar. Throw an umbrella and a piece of pineapple in there.

Or for a blender drink, 1oz coconut rum, 1oz vodka, scoop of vanilla ice cream, crushed ice and some 7up or sprite. Hit the liquify button!

Wow. I know these off the top of my head. Sad really. And CPF is right, it does go well with pineapple juice. I don't know how the kiwi and strawberry will affect it thou!

Ok, for this work, I get to post another couple of favs.
    If I'm just sitting 'round drinking beer, it's Labatt's 50. A nice ale with some body.
    A drink to warm you after coming in from the cold - B&B - Benedictine and Brandy!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...