Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SUMMERFEST 2006

SUMMERFEST 2006

All right, now who's headed to Brew City for the Big Gig this year?

Rastak had mentioned that he and the missus were making the trip. Only about ten weeks away, so time to start planning!

Just announced today - co-headliners Pearl Jam and Tom Petty will open up the first TWO shows at the Marcus Amphitheater. This is practically my dream concert...I am so there. June 29-30.

Other headliners already announced include:

Mary J. Blige, with Ne-Yo (July 3)
    Nine Inch Nails - Live: with teeth 2006 tour (July 2)
    Alan Jackson, with Carrie Underwood (July 8)

The rest of the headliners - along with the lineup for each of the 10 grounds stages - will be announced in the coming weeks.

These artists are officially signed to perform at Summerfest 2006: The Bravery, Chris Brown, Ryan Cabrera, Alice Cooper, Elvis Costello and The Imposters featuring Allen Toussaint, Los Lonely Boys, Medeski Martin & Wood, Phil Vassar, Yellowcard and The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards.

Visit www.summerfest.com for the latest info.

Not fair!! I wanna go but have to be there in May and don't think I'll be able to swing two trips this summer.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    No Coldplay? Oh well...

I'd like to see Sheryl Crow get a shot! She's awsome!
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Here's one for you, GBM.

Nickelback - with Hoobastank and Chevelle: July 5

The festival also released the names of some of the high-profile acts that will perform on grounds stages. They include rising country star Dierks Bentley, pop rock favorites Train, classic rocker Ray Davies, the critically respected rapper Common, and R&B stylist Anthony Hamilton. Other acts announced Thursday are Victor Manuelle, Panic! At the Disco, REO Speedwagon and My Morning Jacket.

Now I'm really jealous. I miss summerfest. At least I'll be there just in time to hear everyone whining about the draft choices.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I also forgot to post Kenny Chesney - July 4.

Probably because I couldn't care less.

Summerfest is just the greatest time of year, especially when the weather's good like last year. My only critique is that they don't really have much urban appeal...

For the most part, there is "something for everyone," though, and you can find some great stuff on the grounds stages.

If you like reggae, check out King Solomon. I'm sure they'll be there. (That's for you, billy oliver and rastak.)

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Pretty crappy headliners if you ask me. How about getting Jimmy Buffett?

I might go one day this year, but I really can't stand that fucking place and the dirty people that attend.

Who cares about headliners? The more interesting artists are at the smaller stages. Lucinda Williams was great last year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by route25
    Who cares about headliners? The more interesting artists are at the smaller stages. Lucinda Williams was great last year.
    Welcome to the forum Joe!! Glad you made it.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    Pretty crappy headliners if you ask me. How about getting Jimmy Buffett?

I might go one day this year, but I really can't stand that fucking place and the dirty people that attend.
    you have to admitt, the people watching at summerfest is the best around. you get all walks of life down there, mix in a ton of alcohol, all day in the sun, and a bit of music and you get some interesting folks.

Re: SUMMERFEST 2006

I'm still going to try and make it........wveryone says it a great time.

Is it difficult to get hotel rooms downtown?

Rastak, you shouldn't have a problem getting a downtown hotel, unless you wait 'til the week before the event. Nobody's made their reservations yet, 'cause certainly they're waiting to see the complete schedule. Most hotels even offer Summerfest packages - might even throw in free general admission tickets. And there's shuttle service from downtown to the gates. Couldn't be easier!

Try these links if you want:

http://milwaukee.about.com/cs/hotels...townhotels.htm

http://www.summerfest.com/summerfest...aqs.htm#hotels

http://www.gothotel.com/milwaukee_summerfest.html

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    Rastak, you shouldn't have a problem getting a downtown hotel, unless you wait 'til the week before the event. Nobody's made their reservations yet, 'cause certainly they're waiting to see the complete schedule. Most hotels even offer Summerfest packages - might even throw in free general admission tickets. And there's shuttle service from downtown to the gates. Couldn't be easier!

Try these links if you want:

http://milwaukee.about.com/cs/hotels...townhotels.htm

http://www.summerfest.com/summerfest...aqs.htm#hotels

http://www.gothotel.com/milwaukee_summerfest.html

Thanks!

Is anyone coming down to Brew City for The Big Gig this week?

Rastak???

? HOFer
    I will be going to see Mike Doughty on Wednesday night, and the Gufs this upcoming saturday. There are quite a few good bands there, but I simply cannot afford the 15 dollars, 5 dollars bus fair, plus 5 dollars food more than once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I will be going to see Mike Doughty on Wednesday night, and the Gufs this upcoming saturday. There are quite a few good bands there, but I simply cannot afford the 15 dollars, 5 dollars bus fair, plus 5 dollars food more than once or twice.

Better ask Mad for a raise.

-

? HOFer
    haha!

Here's a tip for all the big gig goers, check out Saz's combo platter! It's pretty much a heart attack on a plate, but boy is it ever good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I will be going to see Mike Doughty on Wednesday night
    Seems like one crazy bastard, but he's talented.

"I met a girl on roller skates
    She had a spare bag, she had lost some weight
    Where I used to work, she was a waitress
    She proposed a trade, it was generous
    She's gone to Houston, feel like I'm floating in a warm sea
    And if she finds out when she comes back, I know that she will leave me
    Oh I heard a sign, it was a dull crack
    It was a clock hand, it was snapping back
    Oh it wasn't her's, it was the dope's kiss
    I'll take the blame upon my shoulder, I just love to feel like this
    Roller Boogie, motherfucker"