Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Our #1 RB?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Who Will Be Our #1 RB?

I really like what Jamal Lewis brings to the table. He would fit our ZBS well because of his great vision. He is also a decent receiver. Those 3rd and shorts would give us a little more punch. I am also for Lynch in the 1st...would be a great 1-2 punch.

Jamal Lewis, Moss, Robinson....We're gonna look like the Queens with that kind of talk...

Re: Who Will Be Our #1 RB?

Quote Originally Posted by POLISHHAWK
    I really like what Jamal Lewis brings to the table. He would fit our ZBS well because of his great vision. He is also a decent receiver. Those 3rd and shorts would give us a little more punch. I am also for Lynch in the 1st...would be a great 1-2 punch.
    When did Jamal Lewis become a decent receiver???
    He's quite poor as a receiver. Also not that hot at blocking.

I don't think Lewis is a great fit in GB. Of course, that probably means he will end up here!

Ahman Green, if he leaves Houston without a contract. Otherwise, Travis Henry.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oh god...Sherman is going to have influence on how much they offer Green. If it wasn't for the Shermanator's history of disgustingly overpaying anyone he locks up, I would say "GREEN" and I wouldn't wince. With Sherman in the picture, I say Henry.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Green signed with Houston, according to PFT and Adam Schefter.

This one is tough. TT, so far, doesn't have an obvious plan B. Wonder what the numbers were. He was looking for $5 mil per.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax
    Green signed with Houston, according to PFT and Adam Schefter.

This one is tough. TT, so far, doesn't have an obvious plan B. Wonder what the numbers were. He was looking for $5 mil per.
    Oh my god. NO!!!

I really did want to have him back. TT is heartless. I knew Green was overpriced, but I have sentiment for the guy. I was willing to overpay. TT is cold. It's a good quality. It might prove to be the right move but damn...As a fan with some shred of heart; it hurts.

Travis Henry, please sign with us!!!!!!!!!

Gado.......lol!

Travis Henry, please sign with us!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, sure.... There is NO WAY this is happening. And the really bad news: Sammy Morris signed with the PATS and he was probably the only guy TT would have thought we could afford.

But don't worry everyone, we'll build through the draft, and get that killer RB, IN 2009. In the meantime, it'll be 3 yards and a cloud of dust with Morency and Herron. Slow and Slower...

If this is true -and even if it isn't - life goes on.
    It is not the end of the world.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Let's look at our possibilities:

Henry--Probably a bidding war... won't get

Jordan---Supposedly getting released... no thanks

Lewis--- Probably could get for a decent price and short term...would give Lynch or new blood time to get adjusted

Lewis would be the man...

I hate overpaying. I know I'm one of the biggest supporters of TT but if you're going to overpay for a guy, he better be a tough, hard working, great team-mate, loyal, productive guy. Ahman Green was all of that. It's tough to see him go.

This may or may not be a mistake. Henry had a better year last year and might come cheaper but man....It's hard to see him go. I remember watching him for the first season and thinking "this isnt' even Packer football!! He's so explosive and fast. I've never watched this brand of football"

He's not what he was and he'll only get worse. Still, he's the one guy I would have overpaid on this market.

IT'S DONE. Let's move on and quit BITCHIN!!. Now, who's gonna be our Back?

Well, imagine you are a Texan fan.
    You've just shelled out a lot of money for a 30 year old back with a lot of tread on the tires & one year removed from a major injury.
    I loved Green, but living in the past is not the way to success in the here & now and future.
    Tough decisions are, well, tough, but it's more beneficial in the long run to think with your head instead of your heart.
    Favre will eventually go. Driver will, too. Henderson will go.
    You have to keep moving forward.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

I agree with Henderson, Shadow. He sucked. Green is still pretty good.

Henry's talks with GB better be heating up!!!

Re: Who Will Be Our #1 RB?

You gotta be kidding. Tippy toes Lewis? The dude takes 20 steps to go 3 yards and then he falls down. There is ZERO chance of the Pack signing that bum.

travis henry sucks, and is not consistant at all. plus he's been fazed out twice now by rookies. once with mcgahee then with the guys in nashville

he's going to go somewhere where he konws he will be the #1 guy. we will be drafting someone this year, they will probably be our future #1 guy

i doubt henry will want to go anywhere where he is replaced again in a year.

i don't want lewis

really no one out there is worth a squat

will be stuck with morensy and some 4th round pick and herron for next year

bretts final year will be a waste if we don't find a damn good RB, even if we do get moss

Red, Henry rushed for more yards than Green did last year. The reason Tennessee let him go was because he was due an 8 million dollar bonus, and they couldn't come to a deal on a new contract.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen